Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me like Sanchez is playing better the last two weeks. Maybe it is the absence of Holmes or maybe he is legit getting better. None the less he seems to be getting better each week. jmho

I agree. The offense as a whole seems to be coming together a bit.

Ive been wondering, with Sanchez's penchant for doing something stupid because hecwants to make a play, I wondered if he has been drilled enough on making the smart play rather than safe play. Theres a big difference between the two. Chad was a safe player while Sanchez isnt so with a defensive minded HC coaching him to be safe wont work.

His WR's were running open the entire game. If he put up less than stellar numbers in that game, he wouldn't be in the league today. The Patriots are that ****ing bad. He made some nice throws at times, but missed a few too. I thought it was hilarious when Simms went to the overhead camera showing how great the coverage was on a Patriots sack, and Kerley was running through the middle with 20 yards of space around him. Sanchez was looking downfield too, how the **** he missed him still baffles me.

His WR's were running open the entire game. If he put up less than stellar numbers in that game, he wouldn't be in the league today. The Patriots are that ****ing bad. He made some nice throws at times, but missed a few too. I thought it was hilarious when Simms went to the overhead camera showing how great the coverage was on a Patriots sack, and Kerley was running through the middle with 20 yards of space around him. Sanchez was looking downfield too, how the **** he missed him still baffles me.

Every QB misses spotting open receivers every game.

If they didn't, the Jets may not have the one Super Bowl that they have. Unitas missed a wide open Jimmy Orr and threw an Int. Without that, The Jets and Namath may not win.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the lengths that some go here to further that agenda is absurd.

Every QB misses spotting open receivers every game.

If they didn't, the Jets may not have the one Super Bowl that they have. Unitas missed a wide open Jimmy Orr and threw an Int. Without that, The Jets and Namath may not win.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the lengths that some go here to further that agenda is absurd.

Excellent point!

I wonder if many of the posters watch other games or not.

They act as though no other QB ever misses an open receiver, or makes a bad pass.

Yep, Sanchez needs to seriously correct some fatal flaws, or he will be out of the league, but the levels some go through here are just plain moronic.

I agree. Sanchez is just like Johnny Unitas.

If you were able to comprehend the point, you would realize that assertion was never made.

The assertion was that even HOF miss recognizing wide open receivers. Every qb does.

The arm chair qb militia, safe in their recliner are quick to point out every flaw. It is really shooting fish in a barrel, because if you wanted to focus any any individual player, and point to flaws, you could do so. They happen every game, multiple times. Often, things that can be ascertained as stupid mistakes.

It would be akin to watching baseball, and wondering aloud why the batter does not get a hit every at bat. "Hey, that pitch was a strike, how could he not hit it!"

Every position in sport contains moments of failure. Even in the best of performance games. There are not perfect games.

If some here even had played at a minor league level of sport ;), they would realize this.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the piling on here is agenda aided

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the piling on here is agenda aided

The fact that team has invested so heavily in him, both in terms of trading up and financially, makes certain people a tiny bit upset about his complete inability to play the position at a level commensurate with those investments. He does get criticized a lot. He also plays the most important position in the sport and he does it poorly.

Excellent point!

I wonder if many of the posters watch other games or not.

They act as though no other QB ever misses an open receiver, or makes a bad pass.

Yep, Sanchez needs to seriously correct some fatal flaws, or he will be out of the league, but the levels some go through here are just plain moronic.

Thats why statistics are the great equalizer, particularly those that adjust for strength of opponent. They are unbiased. Funny thing is, those stats say Sanchez sucks. So perhaps it's you who are viewing through a biased lense

The fact that team has invested so heavily in him, both in terms of trading up and financially, makes certain people a tiny bit upset about his complete inability to play the position at a level commensurate with those investments. He does get criticized a lot. He also plays the most important position in the sport and he does it poorly.

Understood. Coaching is also a hugely important decision.

Shall we, through the course of a game thread, analyze every single play called and discuss the outcome, based on result. Particularly in hindsight?

If we did that, Rex would fail miserably. All coaches would

Understood. Coaching is also a hugely important decision.

Shall we, through the course of a game thread, analyze every single play called and discuss the outcome, based on result. Particularly in hindsight?

If we did that, Rex would fail miserably. All coaches would

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Rex makes mistakes, obviously. The prevent defense at the end of the game, his consistent problems with clock management..

The way I see it is that Sanchez is a 45 million dollar albatross whereas Rex is a good coach with flaws. You're free to disagree but the fact is it would actually be easier to get rid of Rex than Sanchez at this point. Which is insane.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Rex makes mistakes, obviously. The prevent defense at the end of the game, his consistent problems with clock management..

The way I see it is that Sanchez is a 45 million dollar albatross whereas Rex is a good coach with flaws. You're free to disagree but the fact is it would actually be easier to get rid of Rex than Sanchez at this point. Which is insane.

I would get rid of them both, because I don't want Rex and staff anywhere a new QB

Thats why statistics are the great equalizer, particularly those that adjust for strength of opponent. They are unbiased. Funny thing is, those stats say Sanchez sucks. So perhaps it's you who are viewing through a biased lense

Actually, stats are not the great equalizer. That would assume that all variables that help accumulate stats are non-variable, which we know is not the case.

The best evaluator is the "eye test", which of course assumes subjectivity, which is why we have a thread this long.

If a gun were put to my head and I was asked which stats are most important for a qb, I would say:

1, wins-which Sanchez is at least mediocre

2. turnovers. Which he fails miserably.

As said many times in this thread, Sanchez sucks.

I think it has reached ghost status.....haha

Nah, it's just laying on the ground, doing a good bit of hemorrhaging, as everyone watches on in complete amazement how the damn thing still isn't dead yet.

Meanwhile, Pac lays on the ground next to it as he keeps petting the horse and mumbling to himself, "pretty pony".

Nah, it's just laying on the ground, doing a good bit of hemorrhaging, as everyone watches on in complete amazement how the damn thing still isn't dead yet.

Meanwhile, Pac lays on the ground next to it as he keeps petting the horse and mumbling to himself, "pretty pony".

Well CTM pulling a Jason Voorhees has spiced it up a bit. He's like the Grand Poobah of the poket protector posse. He is the ilk.

Archived