Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could save a lot of energy by just directing your rants toward Mike Tannenbaum then. You enjoy bashing Sanchez, that much is clear...when the real problem is above him. Sanchez just happens to be part of the problem on a team put together by Mike Tannenbaum.

I bet that almost all Sanchez "haterzzzzz" are also Tannenbaum "haterzzzzzz".

Be hard to kill Sanchez without also killing the guy who traded up for him, drafted him, never brought in any competition for him, and then made him the 7th highest paid QB in the league. Then, there's the rest of the roster....

“It’s like people purposely want to see him fail,’’ Schilens told The Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it. If he was in another city, the fans would love him. I’ve played with good quarterbacks and I’ve played with bad quarterbacks and Mark is in the upper tier.

“It’s like people purposely want to see him fail,’’ Schilens told The Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it. If he was in another city, the fans would love him. I’ve played with good quarterbacks and I’ve played with bad quarterbacks and Mark is in the upper tier.

Wonderful quote, until you realize who Schilens has had throwing him the ball. His college QB was Kevin O'Connell and he's had the following guys as QB's in the NFL:

Jason Campbell

Carson Palmer

JaMarcus Russell

Andrew Walter

Bruce Gradkowski

Charlie Frye

Kyle Boller

Sanchez being in the upper tier of that trash heap is nothing to write home about.

Wonderful quote, until you realize who Schilens has had throwing him the ball. His college QB was Kevin O'Connell and he's had the following guys as QB's in the NFL:

Jason Campbell

Carson Palmer

JaMarcus Russell

Andrew Walter

Bruce Gradkowski

Charlie Frye

Kyle Boller

Sanchez being in the upper tier of that trash heap is nothing to write home about.

Right, so it could be worse. For whatever reason we're still having a hard time grasping Sanchez fits in right with the other abundance of mediocre QB's.

We have Sanchez for the time being. His teammates seem to like him unless they are lying to the press. We have some young WR's showing some promise with Sanchez throwing them the ball, also without the help of really any running game, It could be a lot worse....its a lot better than I thought it would be this year.

Jason Campbell

Carson Palmer

JaMarcus Russell

Andrew Walter

Bruce Gradkowski

Charlie Frye

Kyle Boller

Wow.

Poor guy.

Jason Campbell

Carson Palmer

JaMarcus Russell

Andrew Walter

Bruce Gradkowski

Charlie Frye

Kyle Boller

Excepting Boller and Palmer, I don't even see how he's in the upper tier here. Sanchez has been given an infinite amount of more opportunity than any of those guys. If Walter had unilaterally been given a lifetime's worth of excuses and no leash he'd probably be around the same. The thing that I at least respect about Oakland is that even though they suck at finding one, they have no qualms about doing away with a guy that's clearly not the goods, quickly. We're on Year 4 of the Sanchez era and it's pretty clear we'll be going into Year 5. ****ing Jets.

Excepting Boller and Palmer, I don't even see how he's in the upper tier here. Sanchez has been given an infinite amount of more opportunity than any of those guys. If Walter had unilaterally been given a lifetime's worth of excuses and no leash he'd probably be around the same. The thing that I at least respect about Oakland is that even though they suck at finding one, they have no qualms about doing away with a guy that's clearly not the goods, quickly. We're on Year 4 of the Sanchez era and it's pretty clear we'll be going into Year 5. ****ing Jets.

Nice. How's that worked out for them?

as good as its been for the Jets.

laughably wrong as usual, space cadet.

I read some tweet that asked why is no one talking about what Sanchez is doing for Kerley.. If it were any other QB people would be saying how the QB is making Kerley into a viable # 1.

Right, so it could be worse. For whatever reason we're still having a hard time grasping Sanchez fits in right with the other abundance of mediocre QB's.

We have Sanchez for the time being. His teammates seem to like him unless they are lying to the press. We have some young WR's showing some promise with Sanchez throwing them the ball, also without the help of really any running game, It could be a lot worse....its a lot better than I thought it would be this year.

Ok, bitoni.

laughably wrong as usual, space cadet.

I read some tweet that asked why is no one talking about what Sanchez is doing for Kerley.. If it were any other QB people would be saying how the QB is making Kerley into a viable # 1.

What the ??? You got me there. Well done I guess. You officially make zero sense. 25 catches and 2 td's.

Phil Collins was Peter Gabriel's drummer.Phil learned to sing doing backup work for

Mr. Gabriel.

:)

amazingly, IMO Phil Collins is probably the most underrated drummer of all time. As far as solo careers both are extremely hit or miss. I consider Genesis post Gabriel basically, Phill Collins, btw.

Some more reality for the haters... Your irrational stances are slowly getting exposed.

Jets QB Sanchez not getting his due

By MARK CANNIZZARO

For those of you who have been willing to pay out of your own pocket to put Mark Sanchez on the first Amtrak out of Penn Station headed for parts unknown (you know who you are), relax and check the facts.

For those of you who believe Sanchez has been an unmitigated flop as a franchise quarterback (you know who you are), take a close look at his quarterback contemporaries around the NFL and ask yourself if you’d rather have them taking snaps for the Jets.

Take a look in Detroit, where Matthew Stafford, who like Sanchez was drafted in 2009, has led the Lions to records of 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 in his first three years and 2-4 this year.

Take a look in Tampa Bay, where Josh Freeman, who was also drafted in 2009, has led the Buccaneers to records of 3-13, 10-6, 4-12 and their current 2-4.

Take a look in St. Louis, where Sam Bradford, who was drafted a year after Sanchez, has taken the Rams, who went 7-9 and 2-14 in his first two seasons and are 3-4 this year.

Entering Sunday’s game against the Dolphins at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez has a 30-24 career record and is 4-2 in the playoffs — all four wins coming on the road. He has missed one game in his career because of injury.

Stafford is 15-20, 0-1 in the playoffs and missed 19 games because of injury his first two seasons. Bradford is 11-22 and Freeman is 19-27 and either has been to the playoffs.

“You’re never hearing about anyone trying to run them out of town,’’ Jets tight end Dustin Keller said yesterday.

Sanchez is one of just five NFL quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to win 30 games in his first three seasons, including playoffs. Sure, he had some good defenses and a strong running game, but he wasn’t doing it with a roster of All-Pros.

Receiver Chaz Schilens, who is in his first year with the Jets after playing four years in Oakland, said he was blown away by the negative perception of Sanchez when he came here.

“A lot of the criticism he receives is not fair, but I guess it comes with playing in this city.’’

Sanchez should be lauded for the things he doesn’t say when he probably has a lot he would like to say.

If, for example, rookie receiver Stephen Hill catches that third-down pass late in the fourth quarter in New England, the first down would have allowed the Jets to bleed the clock down to mere seconds before kicking the go-ahead field goal instead of the eternity they left Tom Brady to tie the game and send it to overtime.

After the game, and even yesterday, Sanchez praised Hill for playing well. For contrast, look at the immature way Cam Newton has behaved in Carolina while this Panthers season has unraveled. How much respect do you think his petulance has earned him inside his own locker room?

“You can’t say enough about how he’s handled himself and the scrutiny that comes with it,’’ right guard Brandon Moore said.

It’s how Sanchez has handled the scrutiny and criticism that has earned him the respect he has inside the locker room.

“I keep it in perspective,’’ Sanchez told The Post. “My teammates know where my heart is at with this thing and how much I care about it. I want to make sure those guys understand that, at the end of the day, man, I’ll take the bullets.

“It’s easy to be the quarterback when you’re in middle of a playoff run and things are going great. How do you measure someone when things aren’t going well, and everyone’s opinion is, ‘This guy is terrible?’ I take the attitude, ‘Well, all right, we’ll see what we do on Sunday.’ ’’

At 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez gets another chance to turn the ever-changing perception of him to positive — if just for five minutes.

I find the efforts in defense of Sanchez amusing. As soon as some Sanchez apologist finds an ostensibly good yet ultimately irrelevant stat from a window of time in which Sanchez was adequate, the rest pick it up and run with it. So the Jets won 4 road playoff games with probably the best defense in the NFL at the time? Yeah, that was probably all Sanchez. So he was good in one half against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL? Isn't that what an NFL starting quarterback is supposed to do? Sanchez had a good game against New England, but so have other mediocre quarterbacks. The fact remains, if you look at the big picture and don't cherrypick his stats, that's all Mark Sanchez is; a mediocre at best NFL quarterberback.

Maybe by year 8.

Some more reality for the haters... Your irrational stances are slowly getting exposed.

By MARK CANNIZZARO

For those of you who have been willing to pay out of your own pocket to put Mark Sanchez on the first Amtrak out of Penn Station headed for parts unknown (you know who you are), relax and check the facts.

For those of you who believe Sanchez has been an unmitigated flop as a franchise quarterback (you know who you are), take a close look at his quarterback contemporaries around the NFL and ask yourself if you’d rather have them taking snaps for the Jets.

Take a look in Detroit, where Matthew Stafford, who like Sanchez was drafted in 2009, has led the Lions to records of 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 in his first three years and 2-4 this year.

Take a look in Tampa Bay, where Josh Freeman, who was also drafted in 2009, has led the Buccaneers to records of 3-13, 10-6, 4-12 and their current 2-4.

Take a look in St. Louis, where Sam Bradford, who was drafted a year after Sanchez, has taken the Rams, who went 7-9 and 2-14 in his first two seasons and are 3-4 this year.

Entering Sunday’s game against the Dolphins at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez has a 30-24 career record and is 4-2 in the playoffs — all four wins coming on the road. He has missed one game in his career because of injury.

Stafford is 15-20, 0-1 in the playoffs and missed 19 games because of injury his first two seasons. Bradford is 11-22 and Freeman is 19-27 and either has been to the playoffs.

“You’re never hearing about anyone trying to run them out of town,’’ Jets tight end Dustin Keller said yesterday.

Sanchez is one of just five NFL quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to win 30 games in his first three seasons, including playoffs. Sure, he had some good defenses and a strong running game, but he wasn’t doing it with a roster of All-Pros.

Receiver Chaz Schilens, who is in his first year with the Jets after playing four years in Oakland, said he was blown away by the negative perception of Sanchez when he came here.

“A lot of the criticism he receives is not fair, but I guess it comes with playing in this city.’’

Sanchez should be lauded for the things he doesn’t say when he probably has a lot he would like to say.

If, for example, rookie receiver Stephen Hill catches that third-down pass late in the fourth quarter in New England, the first down would have allowed the Jets to bleed the clock down to mere seconds before kicking the go-ahead field goal instead of the eternity they left Tom Brady to tie the game and send it to overtime.

After the game, and even yesterday, Sanchez praised Hill for playing well. For contrast, look at the immature way Cam Newton has behaved in Carolina while this Panthers season has unraveled. How much respect do you think his petulance has earned him inside his own locker room?

“You can’t say enough about how he’s handled himself and the scrutiny that comes with it,’’ right guard Brandon Moore said.

It’s how Sanchez has handled the scrutiny and criticism that has earned him the respect he has inside the locker room.

“I keep it in perspective,’’ Sanchez told The Post. “My teammates know where my heart is at with this thing and how much I care about it. I want to make sure those guys understand that, at the end of the day, man, I’ll take the bullets.

“It’s easy to be the quarterback when you’re in middle of a playoff run and things are going great. How do you measure someone when things aren’t going well, and everyone’s opinion is, ‘This guy is terrible?’ I take the attitude, ‘Well, all right, we’ll see what we do on Sunday.’ ’’

At 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez gets another chance to turn the ever-changing perception of him to positive — if just for five minutes.

Cannizaro probably thinks Trent Dilfer was as good as Peyton Manning. If wins and losses were the ONLY way to judge a QB of course Sanchez comes out looking OK. But we all know the Jets have been winning in SPITE of his terrible play far moreso than BECAUSE of anything he's accomplished.

Put Stafford or Bradford (and possibly even Freeman) in Sanchez's situation and we'd be better than 3-4, that's for damn sure. All 3 of those guys walked into terrible franchises. Sanchez walked into one that went 9-7 the year before he arrived and provided him with the # 1 running game and defense his first year.

By MARK CANNIZZARO

What exactly is this supposed to prove? Freeman sucks ass too, I don't think anyone has ever said otherwise. As for Stafford, outside of the fact that he's vastly overrated (although still much better than Sanchez), the guy was drafted to a winless team and their record has improved every year he's been there. On the flip side, you have a Jets' team who peaked with 11 wins in his second year (with one of the league's top defenses and running games) and since then was 8-8 last year and under .500 this year. Not to mention, trying to simply judge a QB's performance solely based on his teams' record is idiotic. All it really says is that over the past 4 years the Jets, as a team, have won more games than the freakin' Bucs and Lions, hardly the greatest of benchmarks for success. It still doesn't make Sanchez any better of a QB. Are we supposed to believe that Alex Smith was tied for second best QB in the league with Tom Brady and Drew Brees last year, behind only Aaron Rodgers? Because that's the kind of logic trying to be applied here.

Beyond that, the rest of the article is his teammates talking positively about him, which doesn't exactly say much. Every sh*tty QB gets praised by his teammates, that's the way the NFL works, outside of a few douchey players. Just listen to all of the crap we heard about the Jets' sh*tty backup when he was in Denver last year. It didn't stop Denver from booting his ass out the door as soon as the opportunity arose.

Archived