Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming you're referring to 2009. How is his 2007 season not excellent as well? Despite missing 3 games, he racked up some pretty impressive conventional stats (942 yards, 8 TD) and even more impressive advanced stats (7th in EPA). Personally, I find Smash's statement that Holmes has "been inconsistent his entire career" kinda silly given that Holmes never had less than 800 yards receiving in his 4 years with Pittsburgh.

I won't argue that Holmes is bad in the locker room, but I don't think he's the only such personality on the Jets and I think he's largely been scapegoated for Rex's inability to control his team.

I also won't argue that the Jets haven't done the best job of developing Sanchez and that he hasn't had great weapons, but that doesn't make him any better than he is. Maybe he can still get better though.

Good points, but the problem with The Cancer is that his replacements in Pittsburgh have put up equal to better numbers than his with the team so the 2007 season you mention is discounted IMO.

The Cancer is a good No. 2 WR. He could be an excellent No. 1 WR, but he lacks the dedication, fortitude, and demeanor to be one.

Obviously, if Tannenbaum and Rex are both still here next year, drafting a QB in round 1 is out of the question. Only new regimes should be responsible for that.

I'd be on board with a Matt Hasselbeck type if that's the case.

My thinking as well.

I agree with the theme of your post, but this regime should not be drafting a QB. They suck at it. If drafting a QB is the way to go, a new FO and offensive coaching staff should be doing it. They could go the vet route, which would be better for Tanny and Rex.

I'd be ok with that as well. Was pushing for it badly for a couple of years now but they don't listen. I think it's my avatar picture. And my name. And my personality. And my third testicle.

I am not dodging sh&t.

And, I really don't feel the need to go through this, it's a completely worthless exercise in that many skill position players went in the vicinity of where the Jets drafted when they selected, and there is no way of knowing whether or not they would have helped or not.

The point is they did not try, period.

You are the one dodging the real issue, which is that Sanchez was never given weapons to develop with, whether you think they could have done something different is irrelevant, the fact that you want to say he had weapons to grow with is asinine, as are most of your arguments.

We agree that he sucks, what we strongly disagree on is the cause of the suckage.

And you saying how bad he sucked in year 1 and 2 are idiotic arguments, and that is putting it nicely.

The real issue I am arguing is last year, and to tell me that he had a legitimate chance to take the next step last year is wrong on so many levels, and I don't care whether or not you get that.

So you have no answer as to who they should have, made no suggestions at the time, and wish that they made some nameless stud WR, who may have been unavailable to the Jets or widely considered a massive reach in rounds 1-2 at the time the Jets picked, appear on the Jets roster out of thin air. You just want to criticize the team for doing poor Mark Sanchez wrong. Do I have this right?

So you have no answer as to who they should have, made no suggestions at the time, and wish that they made some nameless stud WR, who may have been unavailable to the Jets or widely considered a massive reach in rounds 1-2 at the time the Jets picked, appear on the Jets roster out of thin air. You just want to criticize the team for doing poor Mark Sanchez wrong. Do I have this right?

Let me try your approach to debating.......

So let me get this straight, you are agreeing with me that Sanchez had no talent to develop with because they did not draft any talented WR's to work with him? But your stance is they could not draft any talent vs. mine that they had no interest in it. Either way, I am glad you agree with me that he never had any WR's to develop with.

Yawn.... you are really, really boring.

Is that a ban-able offense?

I figured it out. Because there's no way I'm ready to just say this guy sucks...and that's that. Browning Nagle sucked. Rick Mirer sucked. Brooks Bollinger sucked because he never belonged there in the first place, and I'd have to say Todd and O'Donnell also sucked.

As opposed to O'Brien who had no line and got sacked to death. Esiason was in a bigger circus than this one. Pennington's arm fell apart. None of them sucked though.

I understand the average Jet forum fan believes that , but Testeverde was awesome (4-time INT champ w/ a 56% career comp and btw 57 INTs in his first two years...wow), which shows that it's really nothing more than a popularity contest, based on what..I'm not sure. (Nationality? Eyebrow thickness? idk) All I know is that Testeverde is a Jet legend based on his one playoff win at home, one good season, the Monday night miracle (and his meatball recipe?) , because he did get us within a game of the SB.

And I know Sanchez has nothing that compares to those contributions, but I still can't put him in group #1 because he doesn't suck. Those guys never won a game for us in the fourth quarter (one for Mirer I think lol) much less in the playoffs on the road. The suck group never orchestrated drives like we saw last week, much less with scrubs.

Go look at Nagle's 92 season. That's a QB who "sucks." And he was throwing to Al Toon and Rob Moore. O'Donnell had Chrebet and Keyshawn. lol Could you imagine?

So, if Chad's problem was his arm and OBrien/Vinny were immoble, Sanchez' problems are all upstairs. Last week was a classic case. He puts together brilliant drives. He throws the ball great all day BUT 3 BIG mistakes! And so it is with him. Mental lapses. Missed handoff. Miscommunication. Bad reads. Just overall dumb plays, like just flipping the ball up in the air when he's being sacked instead of tucking it away. With him, you're just waiting for the blunder.

That's different from not being able to get the ball where it needs to be with as much zip as it needs, like Chad, or being unable to buy time in the pocket like OB. (O'brien mastered the tuck tho. lol)

So why? Well, he started his "decline" second half of last year and we can guess where the distraction came from.

But what about this year? He's clearly not all there. I thought it was the Tebow thing that would ruin him, but no....now i see how obvious it is.

eva.jpg

Come on! Reports say she broke it off and ended their 'THREE MONTH' relationship. That means they hooked up right before training camp. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that most of the dudes here have at least one point of reference. lol Do you recall what your mental state was during that magical time (first few months) when you first hooked up with that girl? lol Pick the hottest one you ever landed and I hate to say this but she was NOT this hot. Yet, still, remember your performance at work when you first hooked up with your 7? The texts every five minutes (or for some of us...the beeper codes lol).....etc.

I guarantee you if you spent the night with Eva...you would have trouble reading coverages too the next day. lol These guys are only human! And now the break up....... He's a 24 year old kid! I think Broadway Joe himself would get his ass kicked by Eva.

Now, whether or not it shows poor judgment or a lack of committment is another thing. He has to take all of the blame for putting himself in that situation. But it still doesn't mean he sucks. As long as we find someone who can get this roster back up to par, get a 3rd down back, replace Cancer with a real #1, teach Hill how to catch, and insert a complete NFL-style offense...we'll be fine. Just keep that mf'er away from the A-list! Let Tebow catch all the birds. Get Sanchez a nice homely chick.

There you have it. I know a reply to this will be: "Sanchez sucks" , and it'll be funny because this post is long and that answer is short and I love funny sh*t like that. But no...it's really the Eva Longoria thing. This is actually good news. Especially if he's still "getting benefits". And if not then what better way to distract yourself than practice.

I figured it out. Because there's no way I'm ready to just say this guy sucks...and that's that. Browning Nagle sucked. Rick Mirer sucked. Brooks Bollinger sucked because he never belonged there in the first place, and I'd have to say Todd and O'Donnell also sucked.

As opposed to O'Brien who had no line and got sacked to death. Esiason was in a bigger circus than this one. Pennington's arm fell apart. None of them sucked though.

I understand the average Jet forum fan believes that , but Testeverde was awesome (4-time INT champ w/ a 56% career comp and btw 57 INTs in his first two years...wow), which shows that it's really nothing more than a popularity contest, based on what..I'm not sure. (Nationality? Eyebrow thickness? idk) All I know is that Testeverde is a Jet legend based on his one playoff win at home, one good season, the Monday night miracle (and his meatball recipe?) , because he did get us within a game of the SB.

And I know Sanchez has nothing that compares to those contributions, but I still can't put him in group #1 because he doesn't suck. Those guys never won a game for us in the fourth quarter (one for Mirer I think lol) much less in the playoffs on the road. The suck group never orchestrated drives like we saw last week, much less with scrubs.

Go look at Nagle's 92 season. That's a QB who "sucks." And he was throwing to Al Toon and Rob Moore. O'Donnell had Chrebet and Keyshawn. lol Could you imagine?

So, if Chad's problem was his arm and OBrien/Vinny were immoble, Sanchez' problems are all upstairs. Last week was a classic case. He puts together brilliant drives. He throws the ball great all day BUT 3 BIG mistakes! And so it is with him. Mental lapses. Missed handoff. Miscommunication. Bad reads. Just overall dumb plays, like just flipping the ball up in the air when he's being sacked instead of tucking it away. With him, you're just waiting for the blunder.

That's different from not being able to get the ball where it needs to be with as much zip as it needs, like Chad, or being unable to buy time in the pocket like OB. (O'brien mastered the tuck tho. lol)

So why? Well, he started his "decline" second half of last year and we can guess where the distraction came from.

But what about this year? He's clearly not all there. I thought it was the Tebow thing that would ruin him, but no....now i see how obvious it is.

eva.jpg

Come on! Reports say she broke it off and ended their 'THREE MONTH' relationship. That means they hooked up right before training camp. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that most of the dudes here have at least one point of reference. lol Do you recall what your mental state was during that magical time (first few months) when you first hooked up with that girl? lol Pick the hottest one you ever landed and I hate to say this but she was NOT this hot. Yet, still, remember your performance at work when you first hooked up with your 7? The texts every five minutes (or for some of us...the beeper codes lol).....etc.

I guarantee you if you spent the night with Eva...you would have trouble reading coverages too the next day. lol These guys are only human! And now the break up....... He's a 24 year old kid! I think Broadway Joe himself would get his ass kicked by Eva.

Now, whether or not it shows poor judgment or a lack of committment is another thing. He has to take all of the blame for putting himself in that situation. But it still doesn't mean he sucks. As long as we find someone who can get this roster back up to par, get a 3rd down back, replace Cancer with a real #1, teach Hill how to catch, and insert a complete NFL-style offense...we'll be fine. Just keep that mf'er away from the A-list! Let Tebow catch all the birds. Get Sanchez a nice homely chick.

There you have it. I know a reply to this will be: "Sanchez sucks" , and it'll be funny because this post is long and that answer is short and I love funny sh*t like that. But no...it's really the Eva Longoria thing. This is actually good news. Especially if he's still "getting benefits". And if not then what better way to distract yourself than practice.

ConfusedObama.gif

eva.jpg

When you compare Sanchez to other Jet QB's, of course he doesn't look so bad. But the fact remains he's consistently one of the bottom 5 QB's in the NFL, and he's been that way every season into his 4th year. He still makes rookie mistakes and terrible throws time and time again.

Sure, he steps up his play in the postseason, but his failures last year COST us a playoff appearance, and he's never been the biggest factor in any of the 4 playoff victories since he's been here. He was lucky to have a topflight running game and defense his 1st two seasons, and once the talent level dropped, he was exposed as the guy who CANNOT win games without perfect circumstances.

He is what he is. Terrible for the most part, not as clutch as many would believe, and with a bright future as a backup QB in the league.

Doug Flutie has read this thread...

On Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez:

"I feel for him, because he plays his ass off and if they don't win the game it gets thrown on his shoulders. there was a game a few weeks back, I don't know if it was a Sunday night or a Monday night that he was just, he was getting hit every time he threw. I thought, boy, he was standing in there and trying to deliver the ball, and the guys weren't (making plays). Sometimes you need to make a play for your guy to get it all going, and it just wasn't happening. I just shake my head at some of the ignorant comments that come out."

Let me try your approach to debating.......

So let me get this straight, you are agreeing with me that Sanchez had no talent to develop with because they did not draft any talented WR's to work with him? But your stance is they could not draft any talent vs. mine that they had no interest in it. Either way, I am glad you agree with me that he never had any WR's to develop with.

Yawn.... you are really, really boring.

Is that a ban-able offense?

I don't agree with you. Those guys are not elite WRs but they certainly didn't all suck. Sanchez not being able to throw the ball where he wants on demand has nothing to do with others' ability. When a player is wide open and he routinely misses the mark by 2-3 yards, or fires in an off-target fastball to a back who has .03 seconds to react to the random directions his misfired passes go in, then it doesn't matter who he's throwing to. Yeah, he'll fire an occasional super strike in there now and then, but the law of averages says that with enough attempts that would happen now and then if my wife was throwing it. Physically his arm is strong enough. When he moves he is fast enough. He is tall enough. But all together he is not and never was the total package. He has the keen instincts of an asleep Helen Keller, and is a jittery pussy when it comes to pulling the trigger on a throw in time.

When someone is open he's open. It doesn't matter what his name is or if he's as talented as one of the game's elite targets.

As far as banning...nah. You have to be a real douchebag to get banned here. But I expect you to be a major contributor to my next thread: Brooks Bollinger sucks. Tell me all about how the Jets didn't surround him with the proper weapons and have him work together with them for enough consecutive seasons, and hardly let him throw the ball much anyway. By the way, Bollinger finished his Jets career with a higher completion percentage and (slightly) better TD:INT ratio than Sanchez owns.

Doug Flutie has read this thread...

On Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez:

"I feel for him, because he plays his ass off and if they don't win the game it gets thrown on his shoulders. there was a game a few weeks back, I don't know if it was a Sunday night or a Monday night that he was just, he was getting hit every time he threw. I thought, boy, he was standing in there and trying to deliver the ball, and the guys weren't (making plays). Sometimes you need to make a play for your guy to get it all going, and it just wasn't happening. I just shake my head at some of the ignorant comments that come out."

Stock hater response:

a ) Flutie doesnt know anything about football, or

b ) Flutie is just protecting another QB

Stock hater response:

a ) Flutie doesnt know anything about football, or

b ) Flutie is just protecting another QB

LOL. You really have gone off the deep end, you know that, right? It's one thing that you can't seem to decide your opinion, but it seems whichever side you are on for a particular moment, you post like the most ridiculous extremist from that side. For a post like this to come from an original ACMer has me simply laughing and shaking my head. All I can guess is there's still an ongoing inner struggle between the part of you that wants to forever love Sanchez because at least he's not Chad and accomplished more in his rookie year than Chad did in his 8 years here, while the other part of you also knows he sucks and wants a QB who doesn't for a change. Hey, trust me, I get it.

As far as banning...nah. You have to be a real douchebag to get banned here. But I expect you to be a major contributor to my next thread: Brooks Bollinger sucks. Tell me all about how the Jets didn't surround him with the proper weapons and have him work together with them for enough consecutive seasons, and hardly let him throw the ball much anyway. By the way, Bollinger finished his Jets career with a higher completion percentage and (slightly) better TD:INT ratio than Sanchez owns.

Atrapitis.gif

pew-pew-pew-small.jpg

LOL. You really have gone off the deep end, you know that, right? It's one thing that you can't seem to decide your opinion, but it seems whichever side you are on for a particular moment, you post like the most ridiculous extremist from that side. For a post like this to come from an original ACMer has me simply laughing and shaking my head. All I can guess is there's still an ongoing inner struggle between the part of you that wants to forever love Sanchez because at least he's not Chad and accomplished more in his rookie year than Chad did in his 8 years here, while the other part of you also knows he sucks and wants a QB who doesn't for a change. Hey, trust me, I get it.

Nah, BG, Sanchez sucks. I've been consistent on that. Until he has his first good NFL season he'll continue to suck IMO.

My quoted post was just a shout out to the JI Sanchez haters who are not as nuanced or funny as we are here. Jaws says something positive about Sanchez and all the JI Sanchez haters say Jaws either sucks or is biased. The same about Young, Dilfer, and Boomer.

Archived