If Woody Johnson Wasn't So Preoccupied He Might Have Seen

SoFlaJets

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not go that farM

Mark showed a little yesterday...he wasn't too bad....hopefully he realizes he has to cut down the turnovers....turnovers have killed this team

At some point we just have to say its not going to happen with him. He's walking around with a constant my dog died look on his face. He looks disinterested tbh,

I knew you were going to say that and I couldnt disagree more. Beginning with the QB, there is little to no talent on this roster save Cromartie and Jeremy Kerley.

so a team with only 2 good players lost 17-23 to the texans? if your statement was true than either Cro is going to Canton or you are underrating the roster.

so a team with only 2 good players lost 17-23 to the texans? if your statement was true than either Cro is going to Canton or you are underrating the roster.

Yeah the same roster that could have lost 50-0 the previous week.

Listen, the played with pride last night, I'll give them that....but talent won over eventually. They knew they could just hand it to Foster and win.

If they come out and get trounced by Indy next week....you'll see the wheels flying off. Last night was their try hard game, play with some passion and it still wasnt enough. This could be the beginning of the end for Rex. I dont think it going to get better.

i don't see the point of a thread like this after last night's game.

the jets, seriously undermanned, were competitive in a game that they were huge dogs

I am proud of the way they played last night. Firing people doesn't heal all the injured players. and Woody's other activities don't impact the team either way.

wait Matt, you can't even SEE a reason for this thread, and what does "after last night's game" even have to do with the original premise that the OP made? This is about a team distracted and an owner who doesn't really even care. How do you know that "Woody's other activities don't impact the team either way." ? The guy has come out and said this:Woody Johnson: Mitt Romney Winning Is More Important Than Jets Winning ; here: http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/10/johnson-romney-win-more-important-than-football.html

It's about a front office who can't seem to draft anything but JAG's lately.

It's about having no foresight and no weapons and no cause for alarm when every single person who watches the Jets knew that we needed a RT and how did we fill it?

It's about a team with a HC that is supposed to be a defensive genius who can't dial up anything to stop a 3rd down half the time.

It's about hiring the first OC that wanted or needed a job.

It's about the fact that NO ONE NOBODY even wanted to be Sanchez' QB coach.

It's about Santonio Holmes and

it's about either a lot of bad luck or maybe it's the 3 or 4 different strength and conditioning coaches we've had in here and maybe all of that inconsistency could be a factor IN all of those injuries.

IMO THIS kind of thread is needed now more than ever. If you think you have a better thread idea then post it up and we'll all discuss it Matt but this isn't JetsInsider where every thread has some d!ckweed that has to post "DUMP". We don't do that crap here...

IMO THIS kind of thread is needed now more than ever. If you think you have a better thread idea then post it up and we'll all discuss it Matt but this isn't JetsInsider where every thread has some d!ckweed that has to post "DUMP". We don't do that crap here...

I was proud of the Jets last night. They didn't get the result but they didn't embarass themselves on national tv. Let's be honest the team is snake bit with injuries and they are not contenders. They are spoilers. I don't know who's fault it is that this is the case but blaming the owner's political activities seems like a stretch.

I'm glad Woody has a hobby. As a general rule the less meddling the owners do the better. I don't want Woody to become like Jerry Jones.

As for Sanchez, I will respect anyone who was against drafting him from the beginning. But if you are one of the many that just complain because he hasn't panned out, then you can't blame Mike (let alone Woody) for that.

The problem is that Tannenbaum is one of the people who thought Sanchez would pan out.

wait Matt, you can't even SEE a reason for this thread, and what does "after last night's game" even have to do with the original premise that the OP made? This is about a team distracted and an owner who doesn't really even care. How do you know that "Woody's other activities don't impact the team either way." ? The guy has come out and said this:Woody Johnson: Mitt Romney Winning Is More Important Than Jets Winning ; here: http://nymag.com/dai...n-football.html

Don't get that point, either. He thinks the fate of his country is more important than football. So? I hope everyone does.

Jimmy - Honest question.

I'm aware of your leanings from following you on Twitter.

Would you have the same opinion of Woody if he was supporting the other candidate?

I wouldn't care if he was the head of the New York Chapter of Tiddlywinks. When something becomes more important to the guy who owns the team than the team itself then he needs to sell the team because if the owner doesn't care how can the coaches and players be expected to care? no it has no bearing whatsoever. Maybe if the election happened from March to the beginning of July but everything is heating up just as camp opens and the season starts and by the time the election is over so will the Jets season be over-

man my keyboard is screwed up-it's printing like 1/4 of the letters I write

Woody is 1%. So no wonder he wants Mitt Romney. And he know its political season. So no wonder he said he wants Mitt more than the JETS. Its not a surprise and is plain and pure politicking for personal gain. That would be the thing to say. For his support I am sure he will be well compensated if his candidate wins. Maybe it becomes all govt offices only use Johnson and Johnson products or some sh1t like that. Or he gets tax exemption on the dividends of his J&J stock.

Could be worse could have Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones as the owner- one throwing mo9ney wastefully at players and the othe rmeddling instead of getting good football people in the org. Also could be a Browns fan

Okay so let me get this straight: Johnson owns the Jets, Dolan the Rangers and Knicks, and Wilpon the Mets. I really would like to see all of them sell. I will probably be dead before any of them do.

Yeah you just hit the trifecta for me and my sport teams- woe is me.

The thing about it is, we all have had jobs and we've had bosses. Think about if your boss had come out and said to all his employees you know I really don't care about this company, but all of YOU guys still have to go up on those scaffolds and risk your lives so I can make even MORE $$$ and even though I have enough money and could care less because these days I am more concerned with (oh say some stupid endeavor like) fishing. How much would you want to try, how hard would you want to work?

Gotta agree with Jon and stoic on this one. Woody's a sh*tty owner for a whole host of reasons, but caring more about the presidential election than about the ****ing Jets is not one of them.

The problem isn't that Woody is concerned with other stuff. The problem is that the people he's appointed to be in charge of the stuff I care about while he cares about that other stuff are idiots, and stuff.

The problem isn't that Woody is concerned with other stuff. The problem is that the people he's appointed to be in charge of the stuff I care about while he cares about that other stuff are idiots, and stuff.

Personally, I find it a positive that Woody has found a hobby other than shoehorning QBs with high Q-ratings onto the roster.

Archived