If Woody Johnson Wasn't So Preoccupied He Might Have Seen

SoFlaJets

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I find it a positive that Woody has found a hobby other than shoehorning QBs with high Q-ratings onto the roster.

It's not like this is anything new for him dude. My favorite Woody moment is still when he got outed post-Enron for buying capital losses to erase taxable gains from stock sales, and ciphering those breaks through shelters; then had to settle with the IRS after blaming it on bad advice in front of Congress. Concerned about the future of the country my ass.

It's not like this is anything new for him dude. My favorite Woody moment is still when he got outed post-Enron for buying capital losses to erase taxable gains from stock sales, and ciphering those breaks through shelters; then had to settle with the IRS after blaming it on bad advice in front of Congress. Concerned about the future of the country my ass.

Dude, he's a job creator and FREEDOM.

The thing about it is, we all have had jobs and we've had bosses. Think about if your boss had come out and said to all his employees you know I really don't care about this company, but all of YOU guys still have to go up on those scaffolds and risk your lives so I can make even MORE $$$ and even though I have enough money and could care less because these days I am more concerned with (oh say some stupid endeavor like) fishing. How much would you want to try, how hard would you want to work?

I work for myself so it's hard to answer. But I have canceled meetings I scheduled because I needed another hour or seven finishing lunch. Does that make me bad Jimmy?

What was happening to his "hobby" (like MOST of us Jets fans did) this past late winter, spring and summer. OK, we're already at the "Too Late Nate" stage for 2012, so it has to be on to the sad drooping shoulders of us Jets fans to start speculating about the draft and where DO we go from here.

It is my opinion that we need a new GM, a real football mind to evaluate talent, and one who will bring in a whole new scouting department because this team's drafts over the past 5 years or so has been dismal-I grade them MAYBE a C, maybe. This whole team needs to blown up from the GM, HC, and EVERY coach on the team all the way down to the training staff. This is a 3 win team guys and I want the best young QB coming out of the college ranks to be OUR new QB, but if it's still Rex Ryan's team, well that just ain't gonna happen as he will pick a defensive player for sure.

Finally, It's just too damn bad that our owner has to be so involved as the regional director for a major party's presidential campaign. Can anybody please show me an example of another team's owner taking on that much responsibility in a presidential election year? I swear I can't think of one...

The next time the Jets are for sale we we need the community *looks at Max and JN* to turn the Jets into a community-owned franchise like the Packers...the stockholder would get the final say in who we hire to run Football Operations...at least it prevents what we have now...a disinterested owner looking for a cash cow.

The next time the Jets are for sale we we need the community *looks at Max and JN* to turn the Jets into a community-owned franchise like the Packers...the stockholder would get the final say in who we hire to run Football Operations...at least it prevents what we have now...a disinterested owner looking for a cash cow.

You really think would get 100 shareholders Jet fans to agree on anything -Wow

Economic patriotism, quarterback evaluation, Q-Tips.

Economic patriotism, quarterback evaluation, Q-Tips.

The great irony is that J&J's PAC contributions have declined heavily since the '08 cycle and have been split almost 50/50 between both parties. So this has nothing to do with them or any sort normative frame where he truly cares about this country's future. It's a crock. There's nothing wrong with caring about an election because you have a clear financial interest in it, but I have to laugh when it's framed as though he's truly concerned about anything else than his tax rate. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but come on. From a football fan's standpoint, when you're charging me a billion dollars to go to a game and your guys are putting out a product like last night's abortion...yeah, it's a little annoying.

The great irony is that J&J's PAC contributions have declined heavily since the '08 cycle and have been split almost 50/50 between both parties. So this has nothing to do with them or any sort normative frame where he truly cares about this country's future. It's a crock. There's nothing wrong with caring about an election because you have a clear financial interest in it, but I have to laugh when it's framed as though he's truly concerned about anything else than his tax rate. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but come on. From a football fan's standpoint, when you're charging me a billion dollars to go to a game and your guys are putting out a product like last night's abortion...yeah, it's a little annoying.

woody divested from J&J a long time ago. now he just plays with a huge pile of cash.

the only way to get through to woody is to stop sepnding money on the jets and watching them on tv

I'm getting close

You know when things will change Larz? When Jets fans stop filling up that stadium by November and the few thousand left by Christmastime are wearing bags on their heads in Santa outfits-Woddy's gonna LOVE that...then sh!t will start changing, you watch...it'll be like the Mangini firing at 3 in the morning on New Years Eve, only this time it'll be Tannenbaum who gets the boot from the guy Woody just hired to run the team. I figure we're looking at a 3-13 type bench-clearing season-just what this franchise needs, but of course we already know the next hiring(s) will be lateral moves at best. Isn't it funny how the Jets are the only New York professional team that has a reputation and history of top-flight people, when their name is mentioned, get laughed at and told to screw whenever their names comes up in the press? Cowher, Parcells, Belichick to name a few...not to mention that this is a team who couldn't even FIND a quarterback coach that WANTED the job this past off-season...pathetic

Yeah but imagine if Dolan was the owner....

At least we know the Jets would be playing all their home games in their own stadium on the westside of Manhattan instead of sharing that bowl with a better team who always ends up owning it b/c they actually win super bowls-ugh sucks being a Jets fan sometimes

Go start something on Kickstarter lol

Ladies and gentlemen, WOODY JOHNSON!!!!

Do you think he is going to say Mark sucks ? He is going to say whatever the coach is saying, WJ may be a rich dunce of sorts..

but he is smart enough to know how much to tip, and not to disagree with his coach. Proof.. ? When they start Tebow sometime this year

or next (fulfilling the three year prophecy, after they get some sort of trade value for Mark) it will be a different story..

He will likely never say "Mark is a bad QB " ..

You should see a speech therapist.. TTTTebow.. won't rot anywhere..you obviously don't know much

about the person you adore.

Maybe "rot" is a strong word. Lets just say, barring injury, I'm beginning to doubt tebow will ever get the chance to achieve what I think he has the potential to achieve..... That better? I was ok with him baking up Sanchez and not starting, but to basically be told he won't even get a shot for at least 3 years is more than a bit disheartening for this Tebow fan.

Maybe "rot" is a strong word. Lets just say, barring injury, I'm beginning to doubt tebow will ever get the chance to achieve what I think he has the potential to achieve..... That better? I was ok with him baking up Sanchez and not starting, but to basically be told he won't even get a shot for at least 3 years is more than a bit disheartening for this Tebow fan.

Mark my words Tim Tebow WILL be the starting QB for the Jets sometime this season. My original prediction was "by Halloween", I still stand by that prognostication

Slow down and read a little closer.. Woody Johnson the playboy team owner of the JETS did not say anything remotely close to Tebow not starting for three years.. All I read from the article was he expected Tebow to be here for three years ( through the terms of the signed contract in Tanny's safe) and that Mark was a good QB, after he denied saying positive things just to bolster Mark's confidence (which on the surface, if I was a pro QB and my owner was being questioned about bolstering my confidence like a six year old it would be a pisser) and clarified by stating "they thought Mark was good" and further clarifying by stating "He IS good" .. which leads me to believe Woody wasn't prepared to make any Mark statements this morning.

Being a Tebow fan, you should understand Timmy isn't going to let any one team determine his career... if it don't happen here, it will happen elsewhere... I intend to make a lot of money on Touchdown Timmy Tebow, regardless.

Archived