Our last 3 first round picks...

unbanmadmike1

Chandler Jones is a stud, yet he is on the 32nd ranked scoring defense in the NFL. They give up more yards and more yard per play than the Jets. I know that doesn't have much to do with comparing him with Coples at this point, but might it mean that our GM isn't any dumber than theirs when it comes to putting defensive talent on the field? It's not like they don't both have HOF defensive coaches.

Arian Foster is still laughing at how easy that 150 yards and a touch was. Was Schaub hit once? Great job Mr T!!!

Good thing they are all busts right? Busts mean we suck, sucking means more draft picks for Mr T. Did you enjoy rooting against the Jets last night? You are an amazing fan, we need more like you.

Chandler Jones is a stud, yet he is on the 32nd ranked scoring defense in the NFL. They give up more yards and more yard per play than the Jets. I know that doesn't have much to do with comparing him with Coples at this point, but might it mean that our GM isn't any dumber than theirs when it comes to putting defensive talent on the field? It's not like they don't both have HOF defensive coaches.

They give up passing yardage. Belichick seems content to give up plays in front of the secondary. It's maddening, but if the offense keeps going the way it hs been lately, who can argue?

They give up passing yardage. Belichick seems content to give up plays in front of the secondary. It's maddening, but if the offense keeps going the way it hs been lately, who can argue?

They give up points too. Traditionally, Belichick's defenses give up yards, but not points. Like the Jets, I think they will both head up the ratings to some extent. Lucky you have an O to bail you out.

Kyle Wilson would be a great pick if he was a 5th rounder. So the fact he was picked in the first makes him a failed pick. And we have seen enough of him to know where he stands.

Mo Wilk has shown lot of promise. He is still not dominant as yet but he sure can be as he goes along.

Coples its still too early to label him a bust or anything.

Good thing they are all busts right? Busts mean we suck, sucking means more draft picks for Mr T. Did you enjoy rooting against the Jets last night? You are an amazing fan, we need more like you.

I hope you're very happy if the Jets are 6-10 instead of 3-13 and end up with some other mediocre linemen instead of Geno Smith in the draft. The idea that you don't understand that this team is going nowhere is pretty hilarious.

again I want to talk about where these picks happened

Kyle Wilson was a late 1. Mo Wilkerson was a late 1 and Coples was a mid 1.

JJ Watt was an 11 pick (who probably should have gone higher).

there is a difference between picking at 27, 28, 16 and picking at 11. It's not just 5 slots between 16 and 11. it's the difference between a possible blue chip and a definite red chip.

just like how there is a difference between picking Mark Sanchez at 5 and Eli Manning at 1.

Not all first round picks are equal.

Lately Jets fans have killed Tanny for the trade up because of the lack of mid/late round picks and depth. Tanny was right. The trade up is cash money. sticking and taking mid round picks is not an aggressive strategy. Great they get Ganaway, Allen, Robert T Griffen and Jordan White big damn deal. There's like a 90% chance of garbage at that point in the draft.

The Revis pick for example was amazing. I'd rather see the Jets trade up and get undrafted guys for the bottom of the roster.

Hoping for Geno Smith is just setting yourself up for disappointment, this guy is on a meteoric path to number one, the Jets won't even be close to that.

again I want to talk about where these picks happened

Kyle Wilson was a late 1. Mo Wilkerson was a late 1 and Coples was a mid 1.

JJ Watt was an 11 pick (who probably should have gone higher).

there is a difference between picking at 27, 28, 16 and picking at 11. It's not just 5 slots between 16 and 11. it's the difference between a possible blue chip and a definite red chip.

just like how there is a difference between picking Mark Sanchez at 5 and Eli Manning at 1.

Not all first round picks are equal.

Lately Jets fans have killed Tanny for the trade up because of the lack of mid/late round picks and depth. Tanny was right. The trade up is cash money. sticking and taking mid round picks is not an aggressive strategy. Great they get Ganaway, Allen, Robert T Griffen and Jordan White big damn deal. There's like a 90% chance of garbage at that point in the draft.

The Revis pick for example was amazing. I'd rather see the Jets trade up and get undrafted guys for the bottom of the roster.

Hoping for Geno Smith is just setting yourself up for disappointment, this guy is on a meteoric path to number one, the Jets won't even be close to that.

agreed Mangold and Keller new to rest for rest of the year and Cro need to fake an injury. Then we're ready for teh Geno.

I hope you're very happy if the Jets are 6-10 instead of 3-13 and end up with some other mediocre linemen instead of Geno Smith in the draft. The idea that you don't understand that this team is going nowhere is pretty hilarious.

Never said they were going anywhere. But do you understand that only 1 team wins the SB every year, leaving all others to go "nowhere" As for being hilarious, there is nothing funny about rooting against your own team.

I feel good about the Colts game and if it goes the way I expect then we are 3-3. We could be 3-3 with all the injuries, and with the fact that Sanchez has been bad. If its SB or bust in your eyes then you are rooting for the wrong team.

Its pretty hilarious that you would want a team to tank a 3-3 season when this league is designed for parody. Regardless of what either of us root for the fact is, this team has no chance of going 3-13 and getting a top 3 pick. Id prefer to watch my team play with heart like last night and beat the teams we should like next week. You honestly make me sick with that nonsense you spit out.

I know we are not winning a SB, but I would never, ever, ever, root against my team.

The Colts sucking for Luck was a completely different situation. And if you fail to see that then I feel sorry for you. Go find another sport to watch, because it sure looks like you know nothing about the NFL.

Never said they were going anywhere. But do you understand that only 1 team wins the SB every year, leaving all others to go "nowhere" As for being hilarious, there is nothing funny about rooting against your own team.

I feel good about the Colts game and if it goes the way I expect then we are 3-3. We could be 3-3 with all the injuries, and with the fact that Sanchez has been bad. If its SB or bust in your eyes then you are rooting for the wrong team.

Its pretty hilarious that you would want a team to tank a 3-3 season when this league is designed for parody. Regardless of what either of us root for the fact is, this team has no chance of going 3-13 and getting a top 3 pick. Id prefer to watch my team play with heart like last night and beat the teams we should like next week. You honestly make me sick with that nonsense you spit out.

I know we are not winning a SB, but I would never, ever, ever, root against my team.

The Colts sucking for Luck was a completely different situation. And if you fail to see that then I feel sorry for you. Go find another sport to watch, because it sure looks like you know nothing about the NFL.

Do you really think anyone will give a sh*t at the end of the season if the Jets are 6-10 or 3-13 if they have a chance to get Geno Smith? Your foolish idea of being a "loyal fan" is pretty silly at that point. The best thing for the long term health of the franchise is to lose and lose alot.

Do you really think anyone will give a sh*t at the end of the season if the Jets are 6-10 or 3-13 if they have a chance to get Geno Smith? Your foolish idea of being a "loyal fan" is pretty silly at that point. The best thing for the long term health of the franchise is to lose and lose alot.

There is no guarantee of getting a good pick. There is no guarantee we use the pick wisely. We are NOT gonna only win 3 games anyway. Why wouldnt I root for a chance to possibly make a run. This team can finish 8-8. That will basically take us to the end of the year playing meaningful games. Why wouldn't any fan want that.

I watch every Jets game, and quite a few other games each week. Outside maybe San Fran, and NE nobody really scares me. True we dont know which Jet team shows up each week. But If the good Sanchez shows up in any game, we can win it. The parody in the NFL is insane. And my point I was trying to make with you yesterday is that its not like we have this great history. We have had high picks. We have been good. We have stunk. But we are what we are.

When did it become foolish to root for my team? There is not a Luck in every draft. The last cant miss was Peyton. How many years in between was that.

Archived