Tebow starting speculation - MERGED 3x

Gastineau Lives

Should Tebow get the start against Colts?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. start Tebow?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets go to 2-4, regardless of how the QB plays, staring the Pats in the face, and the season potentially spinning out of control, does Rex hit the panic button?

If the Jets play Tebow, and he can mimic what he was in Denver, a super running offensive leader, who's team dominates Time of possession, and runs for 200-250 yards a game, THAT could beat the Patriots.

The best ways to beat the Pats are run the ball and keep Tom Lady off the field, pressure Tom Lady, and play solid defense that doesn't give up big plays.

They could watch the Cardinals game tape, and maybe learn something.

They don't have the talent to be the New York Giants, but the Arizona Cardinals they could be......

BD

I think what is best for the team is some Tebow DRIVES, not just a package play here and there

It would take some reps from Sanchez in practice, and fuel the Media Machine like nothing else, but Tebow is not being used effectively (Thanks, Tony), and the Jets need some more continuity at QB, especially with all their injuries, and new signees having to deal with this Chinese Fire Drill.

What they're doing now ain't workin'......

BD

I think he lets Sanchez hang himself once and for all against the Pats.

Really? I think Indy's his last stand. They're chalking up the past 2 weeks as expected for great D's, Indy the excuses are kinda gone. If he sh*ts the bed at MetLife, I think it makes sense to stick Tebow in to see if he can pull a miracle off against NE since they'll be coming home the week after. Can you imagine the jump in ticket sales if Tebow could manage to pull off a W against Belichick?

Really? I think Indy's his last stand. They're chalking up the past 2 weeks as expected for great D's, Indy the excuses are kinda gone. If he sh*ts the bed at MetLife, I think it makes sense to stick Tebow in to see if he can pull a miracle off against NE since they'll be coming home the week after. Can you imagine the jump in ticket sales if Tebow could manage to pull off a W against Belichick?

Yeah, the inverse logic makes sense too. (We all know Asshead isn't winning in Foxboro.) Maybe I should have given my honest answer, which is "what ****ing difference does it make?"

I'm sure Rex's plan is to re-access the QB situation at the bye, but if the Jets fall to 2-4, and lose to the rebuilding Colts, is that the final straw Tebow needs?

I think it would be a death blow to Sanchez, and Rex would act.

But winning may only delay the inevitable....

BD

If we lose to the colts we have bigger issues than just Sanchez....that would mean our team is in the process of a major crash and burn.....

If we lose to the colts we have bigger issues than just Sanchez....that would mean our team is in the process of a major crash and burn.....

We have bigger issues than just Sanchez whether we win or lose to the Colts.

But Sanchez is a huge issue. I am in disbelief that some people still think otherwise.

But Sanchez is a huge issue. I am in disbelief that some people still think otherwise.

People remember the back to back AFC Championship Games and confuse Sanchez with the type of quarterback normally associated with getting to those games. They're the same people who are still shocked that Jason Alexander isn't a huge star today because he was on Seinfeld a long time ago.

People remember the back to back AFC Championship Games and confuse Sanchez with the type of quarterback normally associated with getting to those games. They're the same people who are still shocked that Jason Alexander isn't a huge star today because he was on Seinfeld a long time ago.

wait, you mean he's NOT?

why cant we bench him right now?

but yea itd be unfair to tebow to make his first start against the pats.

WTF.. Who gives a sh*t about fair... ? The FO had the worst backup in the NFL pressuring Sanchez into the situation he is in now.. How is that fair.. ? If it wasn't for Teblow and his double super secret windmill delivery none of this would be happening.

Bring back Jamarcus Russell and give him a shot..

Sanchez getting benched this early could very easily lead to Tannenbaum getting fired.

Tannenbaum being replaced would almost certainly lead to Rex being replaced. Maybe next year, maybe in 2014, but soon.

What's Rex's incentive? He sees Tebow in practice everyday. I think if he really believed Tebow could turn the team around, he'd use him to do just that. Pulling Sanchez is surrendering. Surrendering the season, and surrendering their jobs.

No one wants to hear the excuses -I don't want to hear the excuses!- but they're built-in, and we're going to hear them a lot. New offense, starting TE and WRs injured, no running game, underachieving OL, no Revis, terrible rushing defense... They'll lean on those excuses to keep Sanchez in there largely (if not entirely) because of the short-sighted and stupid contract Tannenbaum just gave him.

We have bigger issues than just Sanchez whether we win or lose to the Colts.

You are right about Snachez, I was hopiong that by now he would have improved I do believe I was wrong about that, but Rex needs to have his guys ready. We need a win. No more talk, just do it.

Sanchez getting benched this early could very easily lead to Tannenbaum getting fired.

Tannenbaum being replaced would almost certainly lead to Rex being replaced. Maybe next year, maybe in 2014, but soon.

What's Rex's incentive? He sees Tebow in practice everyday. I think if he really believed Tebow could turn the team around, he'd use him to do just that. Pulling Sanchez is surrendering. Surrendering the season, and surrendering their jobs.

No one wants to hear the excuses -I don't want to hear the excuses!- but they're built-in, and we're going to hear them a lot. New offense, starting TE and WRs injured, no running game, underachieving OL, no Revis, terrible rushing defense... They'll lean on those excuses to keep Sanchez in there largely (if not entirely) because of the short-sighted and stupid contract Tannenbaum just gave him.

Yes so what's going on is NOT for the good of the TEAM. Its so a couple of fat ****ers keep their jobs while spoon feeding us more BS each and every day. I for one am done with Rex talking sh*t like I have said from day one that he got here, no more talking, just go out and win. Then all of this other crap doesnt matter.

I disagree with this. If Tebow somehow pulls what he did with Denver, where he and the team went from 1-4 to the postseason, no one loses their jobs.

If Sanchez continues to suck and the Jets miss the playoffs, they probably lose their jobs. If Tebow replaces Sanchez and they miss the playoffs, they lose their jobs.

Winning and lining Woody's pockets are all that counts. Whatever they think puts them in the best position to win is what counts.

He also sees Sanchez in practice and if the team was in long-term talks with Sanchez before this season I'm fairly certain Rex knew. If he realized Sanchez was this bad he would have pleaded with Tannenbaum not to extend him. Now it's possible Tannenbaum would have done it anyway, but that doesn't seem likely. Seems more likely that Rex believed that something magical would happen from out of nowhere and Sanchez would suddenly get better for no apparent reason.

Don't kid yourself. That extension had Rex's blessing.

These are the Jets. Sanchez will go 15 of 22, 276 yards and 2 TDs. Then the narrative will be about how it's taking time to get comfortable in a new system, new receivers, blah blah blah turning the corner.

I dont think so. It'll just got o show Sanchez has the ability to play well against soft defenses, which we already know.

The story is written about Mark already. He's not going to get much better. Obviously doesnt help the front office and coaching staff doesnt have a clue either.

The same way losing Holmes is Sanchez's built-in excuse, Sanchez being so terrible that he was forced to play Tebow will be Rex's built-in excuse.

I disagree with this. If Tebow somehow pulls what he did with Denver, where he and the team went from 1-4 to the postseason, no one loses their jobs.

If Sanchez continues to suck and the Jets miss the playoffs, they probably lose their jobs. If Tebow replaces Sanchez and they miss the playoffs, they lose their jobs.

Winning and lining Woody's pockets are all that counts. Whatever they think puts them in the best position to win is what counts.

Which is why I said that Rex is watching this guy in practice everyday, and that if he thought Tebow would save the season, he'd be much more likely to put him in to save the season. But he watches him, and doesn't see that.

Tebow was lightening in a bottle last year. He's not catching the league by surprise two years in a row. In fact, last season the league caught up to him when he finished 1-3. He's not a fast runner, he's not a good passer, he's 100% intangibles. He just wins, he has it, whatever it is. Pretty thin résumé to ask Rex to hang his career on.

He also sees Sanchez in practice and if the team was in long-term talks with Sanchez before this season I'm fairly certain Rex knew. If he realized Sanchez was this bad he would have pleaded with Tannenbaum not to extend him. Now it's possible Tannenbaum would have done it anyway, but that doesn't seem likely. Seems more likely that Rex believed that something magical would happen from out of nowhere and Sanchez would suddenly get better for no apparent reason.

Don't kid yourself. That extension had Rex's blessing.

If true, it's just all the more reason that Rex will keep Sanchez out there.

Which is why I said that Rex is watching this guy in practice everyday, and that if he thought Tebow would save the season, he'd be much more likely to put him in to save the season. But he watches him, and doesn't see that.

He watches Sanchez in practice too, and is always talking about the good things he sees. Sanchez was his guy and it's tough to move away from him. It doesn't necesarilly mean he wouldn't come around to the idea of making a change.

I think the truth is Sanchez is the best sh*tty QB we have.

Actually Sanchez is just the most documented of the sh*tty QB's we have. 3+ years of his sh*ttyness to go by. Tebow only has 2+ years of sh*ttyness to be judged on. But nothing suggest that Sanchez sh*ttyness is any less sh*tty or even a better quality of sh*tty than Tebow. Now McElroy is is sh*ttyness wildcard. We really have no idea what type of sh*ttyness he will bring to the table. He is sorta our secret Santa of sh*ttyness if you will. Like a spinning slot machine of sh*ttyness. We could take the gamble and see if he comes up with a jackpot of sh*ttyness or just sh*ts the bed with his sh*ttyness like the other two. Cause we really don't know sh*t.

WTF.. Who gives a sh*t about fair... ? The FO had the worst backup in the NFL pressuring Sanchez into the situation he is in now.. How is that fair.. ? If it wasn't for Teblow and his double super secret windmill delivery none of this would be happening.

Bring back Jamarcus Russell and give him a shot..

lawl fine forget fair start tebow now.

Actually Sanchez is just the most documented of the sh*tty QB's we have. 3+ years of his sh*ttyness to go by. Tebow only has 2+ years of sh*ttyness to be judged on. But nothing suggest that Sanchez sh*ttyness is any less sh*tty or even a better quality of sh*tty than Tebow. Now McElroy is is sh*ttyness wildcard. We really have no idea what type of sh*ttyness he will bring to the table. He is sorta our secret Santa of sh*ttyness if you will. Like a spinning slot machine of sh*ttyness. We could take the gamble and see if he comes up with a jackpot of sh*ttyness or just sh*ts the bed with his sh*ttyness like the other two. Cause we really don't know sh*t.

I have no problem throwing in Tebow for s's and g's....the season was dead before it even started. WHat scare's me though is if Tebow wins like 4 games and proves worthy enough of being the starter next year(in Woody's eyes). I really might consider just playing fantasy football then and just cut out the Jets.

I think the truth is Sanchez is the best sh*tty QB we have.

This.

Rex is in a tough spot with the so-called talent he's employed to coach. I know that in his position, I would be very reluctant to make the move to Tebow. The '9er game was his best opportunity to put him in for an extended period, but he balked at putting him in at all.

Colts just beat Packers. Losing to them doesn't mean as much as its being made out. This Jets team is awful, irrelevant of what happens vs. Colts.

Archived