Kenrick Ellis injured

RyanBe_Tebowing

http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/10/9/3478052/nfl-injury-report-jets-week-5-kenrick-ellis-clyde-gates

The New York Jets' depth is being seriously tested, as the team suffered a pair of injuries to backup players that had been forced into larger roles in their 24-17 loss to theHouston Texans.

Kenrick Ellis was already filling in for the injured starter Sione Pouha at nose tackle. Ellis hurt his knee in the fourth quarter and had to leave the game, and did not return. Next up for the Jets at the pivotal spot in the 3-4 defense was Damon Harrison, an undrafted rookie out of NAIA-school William Penn, appearing in his first career game. The extent of Ellis' injury is unknown.

Clyde Gates left the game after injuring his left shoulder, which was in a sling after the game. The second-year receiver out of Abiline Christian made only his second reception with the Jets last night, a 27-yarder, but the team is seriously depleted at the wide receiver spot. Gates was a third-stringer on the depth chart behind Stephen Hill andChaz Schilens, but found itself with just Schilens, Jeremy Kerley, and new signing Jason Hill available at wide receiver Monday. The team played Antonio Cromartie at wide receiver, as much out of necessity as a desire to be tricky. It's unclear how serious Gates' injury is.

Also with an arm in his sling after the game was backup linebacker Josh Mauga. Mauga also did not return, but the starter at his weak-side spot, Bart Scott, was able to play despite nagging issues with his toe.

Center Nick Mangold left the game at one point after tweaking his ankle, but was able to return to action.

The AFC Wild Card couldn't be more wide open. Only 5 teams have winning records.

As poorly as the Jets have played in 5 games, if they can get wins against Indy and Miami, they are actually in very good shape going into the second half. 6 wins with their 2nd half schedule is highly possible.

BD

The AFC Wild Card couldn't be more wide open. Only 5 teams have winning records.

As poorly as the Jets have played in 5 games, if they can get wins against Indy and Miami, they are actually in very good shape going into the second half. 6 wins with their 2nd half schedule is highly possible.

BD

Right? This is totally going to be like the Giants last year. The Jets get healthy and hot at the same time down the stretch and BOOM!!!! Super Bowl!!!!!

Usually when you "tweak" something you don't go off on the cart. I'm glad Mangold came back so quick.

Prolly a sprained MCL/LCL or something, they pretty much already ruled out ACL says cimini or mehta's twitter. With the anterior drawer test, they can pretty much tell within certainty that it's a torn ACL, which is why when they say "Team fears insert name, tore his ACL," it's 99% most likely an ACL. Which is also why you're gong to see Cushings ACL is torn this afternoon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a few weeks, but there hasn't been any rumors of the team fearing a serious injury, so that's usually positive. It does seem that the Jets are getting karma'd for being relatively healthy the last few years.

*as an aside, i actually saw some decent things from the WR group. Kerley did pretty much what I expected and that was catch almost everything thrown at him. Replace crappy Hill with Rookie Hill and add Keller with cumberland and I actually prefer this receiving corp to what we started the season with.

Prolly a sprained MCL/LCL or something, they pretty much already ruled out ACL says cimini or mehta's twitter. With the anterior drawer test, they can pretty much tell within certainty that it's a torn ACL, which is why when they say "Team fears insert name, tore his ACL," it's 99% most likely an ACL. Which is also why you're gong to see Cushings ACL is torn this afternoon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a few weeks, but there hasn't been any rumors of the team fearing a serious injury, so that's usually positive. It does seem that the Jets are getting karma'd for being relatively healthy the last few years.

*as an aside, i actually saw some decent things from the WR group. Kerley did pretty much what I expected and that was catch almost everything thrown at him. Replace crappy Hill with Rookie Hill and add Keller with cumberland and I actually prefer this receiving corp to what we started the season with.

Not sure what you're getting at with Mangold. It is certainly possible that he misses some time as it swells up, etc, but he was playing again last night. No reason to expect him to miss further time, especially when he is listed as "tweaked" and "returned to action". Also, it appeared to be his ankle, not his knee. Sometimes when you wrench your ankle your knee goes out, but that didn't seem the case with Mangold.

Not sure what you're getting at with Mangold. It is certainly possible that he misses some time as it swells up, etc, but he was playing again last night. No reason to expect him to miss further time, especially when he is listed as "tweaked" and "returned to action". Also, it appeared to be his ankle, not his knee. Sometimes when you wrench your ankle your knee goes out, but that didn't seem the case with Mangold.

Thought you were referring to Ellis, my bad. As it turns out, Ellis did sprain his MCL and it'll probably be a couple weeks. Bummer, because he'd definitely be needed for new england.

Ah. I thought you saw some tweets I didn't know about!

Haha nah, I was just glancing quickly after reading the thread title figured you were referencing Ellis and then Mangold. Either way, it seems we lucked out as both could have been more sever. The Colts don't seem to have a high powered running game, so that UDFA could be a decent run-stopper if need be. I think we'll miss Ellis more against the Pats.

Hoping we get Keller and Hill back, but I definitely want Kerley to be a bigger part of the offense, the kid just catches everything thrown at him. Even yesterday he was still underutilized at only 7 targets and 5 receptions; he was abusing pretty much everyone he was on. Plus, him and Schilens seem to actually hold onto the balls thrown at them, which is a nice change of pace.

Haha nah, I was just glancing quickly after reading the thread title figured you were referencing Ellis and then Mangold. Either way, it seems we lucked out as both could have been more sever. The Colts don't seem to have a high powered running game, so that UDFA could be a decent run-stopper if need be. I think we'll miss Ellis more against the Pats.

Hoping we get Keller and Hill back, but I definitely want Kerley to be a bigger part of the offense, the kid just catches everything thrown at him. Even yesterday he was still underutilized at only 7 targets and 5 receptions; he was abusing pretty much everyone he was on. Plus, him and Schilens seem to actually hold onto the balls thrown at them, which is a nice change of pace.

Yeah. Schillens has been looking pretty good. I wonder how long until he gets hurt.

Yeah. Schillens has been looking pretty good. I wonder how long until he gets hurt.

The Jets are bound to find one of those talented players who finally gets it after a handful of years in the league. You can only blindly throw darts at a board before you hit with one, maybe Schil could be it. The Al Davis Raiders have always been known for drafting highly talented, highly risky players and it seems that as DHB is coming around to being a player, maybe Schil will too, if he remains healthy. If healthy, Hill, Schil, Kerley and Keller, although not names, actually offer a solid corp.

This is the type of group you'd want a young QB to be groomed with, something we should have had a couple years ago for sanchez.

Thought you were referring to Ellis, my bad. As it turns out, Ellis did sprain his MCL and it'll probably be a couple weeks. Bummer, because he'd definitely be needed for new england.

There is a game I am not looking forward to....

Archived