Trade Greene to Arizona or Green Bay

Jetsfan80

The Packers just lost Cedric Benson for 8+ weeks and have James Starks and Alex Green as their options. The Cardinals are in even worse shape, with Ryan Williams joining Beanie Wells on IR. They're left with a RBBC of Larod Stephens-Howling, William Powell, and Alonso Smith.

The Colts have a pretty bad run defense, so we can only hope Greene has a productive day.

Following the Indy game, deal Greene to one of these two teams for a conditional pick while he's in his contract year. Get anything you can get for him and roll with Bilal Powell as the starter. Any reason this is a bad idea?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Packers just lost Cedric Benson for 8+ weeks and have James Starks and Alex Green as their options. The Cardinals are in even worse shape, with Ryan Williams joining Beanie Wells on IR. They're left with a RBBC of Larod Stephens-Howling, William Powell, and Alonso Smith.

The Colts have a pretty bad run defense, so we can only hope Greene has a productive day.

Following the Indy game, deal Greene to one of these two teams for a conditional pick while he's in his contract year. Get anything you can get for him and roll with Bilal Powell as the starter. Any reason this is a bad idea?

Its a question of what message this sends to the world. When you are ground and pound and you let go of your #1 RB that means you are raising the white flag of surrender for this season. Woody would not want that. So its not going to happen.

I would prefer we acquire a few picks and get some talent around these parts.

I can not come up with a single reason why it is a bad idea for us. Id be fine with Mcknight and Powell. They arent great but Greene blows anyway. Id love to get ANYTHING for him. The only issue could be that the Packer and Cardinal brass may read the threads here, and read my past commentary on Greene. Then they wont want him.

Actually I can think of a reason why this wont work. Starks, Larod Stephens-Howling, William Powell, and Alonso Smith. are all better than Greene.

When you are ground and pound and you let go of your #1 RB that means you are raising the white flag of surrender for this season. Woody would not want that.

Woody also said that more Tebow is never a bad thing. Trading Greene would guarantee this, as Tebow would be elevated to # 2 on our RB depth chart.

Actually I can think of a reason why this wont work. Starks, Larod Stephens-Howling, William Powell, and Alonso Smith. are all better than Greene.

Shockingly they're not. Alex Green has more upside than Greene, and Powell has some potential as he's the most complete back on AZ's roster. But the rest are terrible.

AZ is especially in deep trouble at the RB position right now and may get desperate. If they want something better than, say, a Chris Ivory, Greene is their huckleberry.

Tebow as the goal line back, awesome. I can picture it now, 1st and goal at the 3 yard line, Sanchez hands it off to Tebow.......SUPERBOWL!

When Greene gets tackled after a rare 1st down run, he comes up like he just got shot.

When Tebow gets tackled after a 1st down run, he jumps up, starts pumping his fists, and damn near gets everyone chanting "USA!" like its the WWE.

There's no debate as to who I'd prefer to get the ball more going forward.

Its a question of what message this sends to the world. When you are ground and pound and you let go of your #1 RB that means you are raising the white flag of surrender for this season. Woody would not want that. So its not going to happen.

I would prefer we acquire a few picks and get some talent around these parts.

Really. The Jets are ground and Pound? You dont say.

Raising the white flag?!? Really?!? Explain to me exactly what Greene does to benefit this team?!? I have watched every game of his miserable career. If I am missing something please by all means. Fill me in.

If they just used him correctly (short yardage and in the second half) he'd be a great asset to the offense.

We don't get many short yardage situations thanks to Sanchez, and Tebow is just as good or better in short-yardage. We should run fake punt direct snaps to Tebow on every 3rd + short for the rest of the season.

And we don't run the ball in the 2nd half because we're usually trailing.

When Greene gets tackled after a rare 1st down run, he comes up like he just got shot.

When Tebow gets tackled after a 1st down run, he jumps up, starts pumping his fists, and damn near gets everyone chanting "USA!" like its the WWE.

Thanks for the chuckle. I enjoyed the WWE reference. But you are 100% correct. I didnt want Tebow, I still dont want Tebow. But I certainly would rather see him run the ball.

Really. The Jets are ground and Pound? You dont say.

Raising the white flag?!? Really?!? Explain to me exactly what Greene does to benefit this team?!? I have watched every game of his miserable career. If I am missing something please by all means. Fill me in.

He had that one long run against the Chargers in the 2009 playoffs, and stuff.

Great idea. Will never happen.

Nobody would consider that a waive of the white flag. I dont think that football people that will be evaluating trades, will base a trade on a false , fake , bogus , declaration of this non existent , fake, false "ground and pound"

Even if they did, we could easily spin it that we have guys on the roster with whom we feel comfortable with and that the organization wanted to go in a "different direction".

It will if Tannenbaum isn't the one here making the picks.

tanny isn't great at late round picks but honestly no one is. Tom Brady is the once in a hundred thousand shot that hits, most of these guys are bad. Look at a list of 6th round picks, there will be 60 names (due to comp picks) and like 6 decent players (0 stars)

tanny isn't great at late round picks but honestly no one is. Tom Brady is the once in a hundred thousand shot that hits, most of these guys are bad. Look at a list of 6th round picks, there will be 60 names (due to comp picks) and like 6 decent players (0 stars)

Few teams cut 4 players taken in the 6th/7th rounds before the season. The guys we drafted this year weren't even good enough to be camp fodder.

I've yet to see Greene take less then what feels like 5 minutes to get up from a run. I do like Tebow's enthusiasm. He want's to play.

Archived