Josh Mauga out for season, Ellis to miss at least two games

Ken Schroy

Josh Mauga out for season, Kenrick Ellis to miss at least two games

BY Seth Walder

The Jets got more bad injury news Tuesday following the team’s 23-17 loss to the Texans. LB Josh Mauga is out for the year with a torn pectoral muscle, the Daily News first reported on Twitter. Mauga was hurt in the Monday night’s game. Though a backup, the linebacker did play for the Jets and provided quality depth.

Kenrick Ellis, who left Monday’s game with an injury, has been diagnosed with a knee sprain and will miss at least two games, according to a source. Ellis started in place of Sione Po’uha, who missed the game due to a back injury.

Injuries have plagued the Jets already this season. Stars Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes have already been lost for the season and receiving options Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill have been sorely missed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets

We should definitely see more Davis.

So who backs up toe hurting Bart now that Mauga is down? Davis?

And who now plays fat guy in the middle with Ellis and Pouha down? Tebow?

The UDFA guy they put in right after Ellis got hurt. For what it's worth, it got penetration and was a key-factor in that big stop on 3rd and short. Seems like a decent two-down NT who can be effective against Indy. i doubt we'll see a lot of this kid at New England, seeing as their no huddle would gas the hell out of him.

The UDFA guy they put in right after Ellis got hurt. For what it's worth, it got penetration and was a key-factor in that big stop on 3rd and short. Seems like a decent two-down NT who can be effective against Indy. i doubt we'll see a lot of this kid at New England, seeing as their no huddle would gas the hell out of him.

Who filled in??

And if you think we don't use him against NE.. who do we use?

Who filled in??

And if you think we don't use him against NE.. who do we use?

Kid's name is Damon Harrison and is your classic 350 lb two-down NT. Well, hopefully Pouha will be all-go by then, but who knows. I would imagine against NE we'll probably run some more 46 bear and probably use, as we have at points, Devito as our nose and coples and wilk as the DEs.

So who backs up toe hurting Bart now that Mauga is down? Davis?

And who now plays fat guy in the middle with Ellis and Pouha down? Tebow?

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Davis. I remember hearing a lot of praise for him when we drafted him so it'll be nice to see him get some playing time. He seems to be faster then Scott (and probably faster then Harris too).

Kid's name is Damon Harrison and is your classic 350 lb two-down NT. Well, hopefully Pouha will be all-go by then, but who knows. I would imagine against NE we'll probably run some more 46 bear and probably use, as we have at points, Devito as our nose and coples and wilk as the DEs.

That was a big stop for us. That said, NE's hurry up offense scares the crap outta me after seeing it march down the field against Denver.

Woody should just extend Tannenbaum now.

All these injuries ensures another season of Sanchez in 2013.

Go Jets.

Ugh, all of this. It's like the 2007 season all over again, with a variety serious disasters scattered throughout the team that will all just be ignored and excused because of the Jets daring to have a season with a bunch of injuries, something they see on a far less regular basis than the vast majority of NFL team's mind you. Yet, despite so rarely having injury issues, I'm not sure any team ever uses it as such an excuse for their failures.

It's too damn bad I don't see the occurrence of another Favre-like scenario that managed to save us in 2008 (and beyond), booting Pennington's ass to the curb and leading to the eventual firing of Mangini. Instead we'll see what the 2008 season would have been if not for Favre, with Sanchez and Tebow taking on the roles of Pennington and Clemens while Rex and Tanny get the same free passes handed to Mangini and, well... Tanny. This is gonna suck.

Harsh, but just.

lol.....only a coupla weeks ago you were telling me i was crazy. now ur ready to fire the whole team. isn't it great being a jets fan?

I'm kidding. I <3 Rex.

I just dont want to watch Mark Sanchez take another snap as a member of the New York Jets. That opinion has never changed.

I'm kidding. I <3 Rex.

I just dont want to watch Mark Sanchez take another snap as a member of the New York Jets. That opinion has never changed.

I try to fool myself into thinking that he just needs more help. More options, more weapons. Then I see that he just isn't very good. People say Tebow can't throw, neither can Mark. Its time for Mark to move on. He can be the new Matt Leinart.

I try to fool myself into thinking that he just needs more help. More options, more weapons. Then I see that he just isn't very good. People say Tebow can't throw, neither can Mark. Its time for Mark to move on. He can be the new Matt Leinart.

Garbage. Pure garbage. Extremely hard to win with a Qb like that. Extremely hard. Thats the one thing that kills me. I <3 Rex soooo much, but his allegiance to Mark is going to be his downfall. Its a shame.

Garbage. Pure garbage. Extremely hard to win with a Qb like that. Extremely hard. Thats the one thing that kills me. I <3 Rex soooo much, but his allegiance to Mark is going to be his downfall. Its a shame.

I am 100% in agreement with you. The stink face that Rex made at half time, cause he was so disgusted. I love it. I love the passion, I love the man. But he needs to stop being so damn stubborn. Mark had four years, no one will think of you Rex if you move onto a new QB.

Archived