Lebron James' New Nike Ad Fuels Hair Transplant Rumours

Knix Tix

Lebron James' New Nike Advert Fuels Hair Transplant Rumours

Did he or didn't he?

lebronhair.jpeg

Fans of NBA star LeBron James have been quick to notice that the basketballer's hairline has been looking a little different in a recent ad - sparking rumours that he may have had a little corrective surgery a little over two months ago.

With LeBron's headband creeping up further up his forehead during the last two seasons, it seems likely that we can expect the headband to move back down, as it has been reported that the 27-year-old has had hair plugs installed this summer.

According to a source close to the star, Lebron ''was sick and tired of hearing all the jokes revolving around his rapidly receding hairline…and he knew no matter how many championships he won, people would always point to that right away.''

The Miami Heat player's hairstyle was first noticed when Nike released their LeBron James Diamond Collection apparel catalog for the Holiday 2012 season, showing the star with a full head of hair.

It seems that now he is a NBA champion, he's also paying the price to look like one too.

However his hair efforts didn't go unnoticed, as one fan wrote on Twitter:

''Anybody else notice lebron james magically got more hair in that new nike ad?''

James may have copied Michael Jordan's popular No. 23 earlier in his career, but it's apparent that he's unwilling to don Jordan’s popular bald hairstyle!

Edited by Knix Tix

As a guy around the same age with a ****ed up hairline, I totally empathize with this one. I'm at the point where I'm just ready for the whole head of hair to go, in fact I'd actually prefer it. There's nothing more annoying sometimes than looking in the mirror and seeing your forehead doing some wacky sh*t, and I can't imagine money or success changing that. So I guess what I'm saying is that most get to the point where it's either get hair plugs or bic it. I'm way too lazy for either, but I get it.

Here is a line from T0mShane's favorite Knicks fan. When the Knicks had that streak of consecutive sellouts and it broke some kind of record they gave out a poster with pictures "great nights" during the streak. Among the photos was a shot of Jeff Van Gundy. Matthew Modine looked at it and said: "Ah, poor Jeff. They can put a man on the moon, but they can't grow hair on a man's head."

Am I JiF now?

As a guy around the same age with a ****ed up hairline, I totally empathize with this one. I'm at the point where I'm just ready for the whole head of hair to go, in fact I'd actually prefer it. There's nothing more annoying sometimes than looking in the mirror and seeing your forehead doing some wacky sh*t, and I can't imagine money or success changing that. So I guess what I'm saying is that most get to the point where it's either get hair plugs or bic it. I'm way too lazy for either, but I get it.

I'm much older than you (40) and my hairline is now receeding, but I was fortunate to have had a full head of hair in my 20s and 30s. Going bald in your late 20s sucks, so LBJ had every right to get the procedure done. I'm planning to get it done for my 50th, so I can have that John Forsythe look with a full head of white hair in my 60s when I'm pulling 20 and 30 yr old chicks.

I'm much older than you (40) and my hairline is now receeding, but I was fortunate to have had a full head of hair in my 20s and 30s. Going bald in your late 20s sucks, so LBJ had every right to get the procedure done. I'm planning to get it done for my 50th, so I can have that John Forsythe look with a full head of white hair in my 60s when I'm pulling 20 and 30 yr old chicks.

I'm not even bald. That's the annoying part. I've got this ****ed up Z (yes, latent White Men Can't Jump reference) right in the middle of my hairline and it's been there since my late 20's. So it looks like I'm in the process of going bald but I think it was just something that developed from all the pot when I was younger.

I'm not even bald. That's the annoying part. I've got this ****ed up Z (yes, latent White Men Can't Jump reference) right in the middle of my hairline and it's been there since my late 20's. So it looks like I'm in the process of going bald but I think it was just something that developed from all the pot when I was younger.

I actually have a dent in the side of my head from an injury, which also caused damage to the hair follicles due to the pressure that was built up since it was a blunt trauma that didn't bleed. The hair actually grows/falls out in different patterns but it's not that noticeable, aside from when I get a fresh cut. However, when I was younger I used to keep my head shaved low (not bic'd, but no clip), which made life interesting when the bald spot formed a pattern that looked remarkably similar to a swastika, which was even worse considering that, to the average Joe, I appeared to be a giant skinhead (though I wasn't) and was immersed in a scene that included a lot of skinheads - most of whom hated Nazi skins.

I was quite happy when it morphed into a pattern that made it look more like a baseball.

I actually have a dent in the side of my head from an injury, which also caused damage to the hair follicles due to the pressure that was built up since it was a blunt trauma that didn't bleed. The hair actually grows/falls out in different patterns but it's not that noticeable, aside from when I get a fresh cut. However, when I was younger I used to keep my head shaved low (not bic'd, but no clip), which made life interesting when the bald spot formed a pattern that looked remarkably similar to a swastika, which was even worse considering that, to the average Joe, I appeared to be a giant skinhead (though I wasn't) and was immersed in a scene that included a lot of skinheads - most of whom hated Nazi skins.

I was quite happy when it morphed into a pattern that made it look more like a baseball.

That's something I never even thought about. Years of wearing headgear in boxing might have done the trick, it's right at that spot on the hairline too.

You probably have a bigger grin than Hector. Hater.

I'm way, way happier that my predictions about the LB's starting over 2 years ago have been right. Really, I'd much rather have that than for them to be dominating. Enjoying football is for the birds.

You'd probably be too distracted by his random baldness to notice.

Ne-Yo called, he wants his hairline back.

This, and I'm a lot ****ing younger.

Washing my hair is the most depressing experience.

post your hairline bro!!!

• 8 years later...
On 10/10/2012 at 6:23 AM, Knix Tix said:

Lebron James' New Nike Advert Fuels Hair Transplant Rumours

Did he or didn't he?

lebronhair.jpeg

Fans of NBA star LeBron James Hair have been quick to notice that the basketballer's hairline has been looking a little different in a recent ad - sparking rumours that he may have had a little corrective surgery a little over two months ago.

With LeBron's headband creeping up further up his forehead during the last two seasons, it seems likely that we can expect the headband to move back down, as it has been reported that the 27-year-old has had hair plugs installed this summer.

According to a source close to the star, Lebron ''was sick and tired of hearing all the jokes revolving around his rapidly receding hairline…and he knew no matter how many championships he won, people would always point to that right away.''

The Miami Heat player's hairstyle was first noticed when Nike released their LeBron James Diamond Collection apparel catalog for the Holiday 2012 season, showing the star with a full head of hair.

It seems that now he is a NBA champion, he's also paying the price to look like one too.

However his hair efforts didn't go unnoticed, as one fan wrote on Twitter:

''Anybody else notice lebron james magically got more hair in that new nike ad?''

James may have copied Michael Jordan's popular No. 23 earlier in his career, but it's apparent that he's unwilling to don Jordan’s popular bald hairstyle!

lebron james hair is not the same as it used to be.

lebroon.jpg