Rex Ryan Highlights

JustInFudge

Since its unanimous that Rex Ryan is a horrible coach and should be fired because of this embarrassing 2-3 start to the season losing to terrible teams like the Steelers, 49'ers, and Texans, I've decided to dedicate a thread as a way to remember how much we loved him just 2 short years ago. Around here, us proud Jets fans, we dont take kindly to losing. We're a storied franchise with a history of greatness and we wont stand for what we are seeing right now. Totally unacceptable.

The guy is a terrible HC with no philosophy or vision and these were definitely miserable seasons that I hated having to watch but boy could he deliver a locker room speech.

"Make your mark in here, I feel we're coming back"

"I'll tell you whats amazing, their offense has 2 possessions in the 2nd half. Thats how you play New York Jets style of Football on offense"

I honestly didnt mean to neg rep this. Meant to rep you. Hopefully you get lots of rep from other people to make up for it. Sorry. But this is funny. Your funny.

I'm sorry, I made the same mistake. I'm so sorry T0m, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry.

Now, I need to go throw up my leftover sarcasm, so if you'll excuse me, I must leave now.

"Some people like to say the Giants are the big brother team and the Jets are the little brother team. … I have news for you: We are the better team. We are the big brother." ...

"When people ask me what it’s like to share New York with the Giants, my response is always I am not sharing it with them – they are sharing it with me. … It seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts and that’s what is going to happen.""

Since its unanimous that Rex Ryan is a horrible coach and should be fired because of this embarrassing 2-3 start to the season losing to terrible teams like the Steelers, 49'ers, and Texans, I've decided to dedicate a thread as a way to remember how much we loved him just 2 short years ago. Around here, us proud Jets fans, we dont take kindly to losing. We're a storied franchise with a history of greatness and we wont stand for what we are seeing right now. Totally unacceptable.

The guy is a terrible HC with no philosophy or vision and these were definitely miserable seasons that I hated having to watch but boy could he deliver a locker room speech.

"Make your mark in here, I feel we're coming back"

I ike rex too, but I cannot stand the grandiosity of his quotes. A week ago Sanchez is the starter a slong as Rex is coaching here, and yesterday Sanchez is the starter "this week." A smart head coach does not continuously paint himself into corners. I guess he isn't smart. I still like him as a coach, though.

"I'll tell you whats amazing, their offense has 2 possessions in the 2nd half. Thats how you play New York Jets style of Football on offense"

Jif I understand it now.

You are a sound byte guy. Substance or performance doesn't matter.

Not how I judge a head coach. Results. And the results are currently horrible.

He does get the rest of this season to fix it, but I would not bet on that.

Oh Scott, take a deep breath and just relax a little. This was supposed to be a funny silly thread.

I must have said what I am about say now 10 times since Mangini got canned. We had the opportunity to get a proven HC. An HC that has been there and done that. Along with that, perhaps even more importantly would be having a true football GM thats a proven winner.

At that time, there were a few guys out there (both GM and HC or an HC that would do the player selection(s)). It was stated numerous times that it would take Millions of dollars to get a guy like that into our organization to run the entire aspect of football operations.

The Jets decided to go in the same direction which brought in Herm and Mangini....enter Rex.

At that time, with Rex now the named HC, he was taking over a Jets team that:

1. Just had Favre play at a high level through 11 games (taking the Jets to 8-3), then getting injuried and finishing 8-8.

2. The 2009 team Rex took was in essense Mangini's team.

3. One of the biggest moves Rex made was getting rid of Kerry Rhodes becasue of contract issues (which in hindsight) was a huge mistake.

Now, success of 2009 and 2010 (although the warning signs of our team beginning to slip) played out in 2011 without the same results. After taking the team to an 8-5 record through the first 13 games, and controlling our own playoff destiny, the team imploded on its self.

Now ask yourself, who is to blame? Considering everything we know right now, here is the answers in order:

1. Tanny

2. Rex.

At the end of the day, some of us knew the growing pains by having a DC being promoted to be HC and that has come full circle now. But all is not lost. Rex has the chance to adjust and add to his "legacy" and learn from mistakes to become "that proven HC and proven winner".

Lets see if he learns anything and applies corrective actions moving forward. I reall hope he does.

The advice he was giving to Sanchez in this, that whole idea, stupid. He's dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=S5UkCVl1ZFM&NR=1

JIF let me tell you something ....while I was looking at all those videos I saw guys like T-Rich Woody Braylon Rhodes LT Turner.... Part of a head coaches job is to replace talent that you lose since you do lose a lot from year to year in the NFL I believe we lost 2 pretty good blocking TE's as well (Cant remember the names) We also had LT out of the back field receiving . What has this team or Rex done to plug all these holes ? Nothing.

We cant run the ball now because losing T-Rich and Woody was HUGE even though T-Rich was old he was still one of the better blcoking FB's in the NFL be hey we replaced him with a ****ing tomato can that Rex had to have .

I love all the big talk and the Locker room bravado but you have to continue to back that sh*t up otherwise you risk becoming a blow hard and thats exactly how Rex looks right now by letting this team's talent basicly go in the toilet.

Iisted Turner and The blcoking TE's because they were big contributors to the Running Game which now no longer exists.

JIF let me tell you something ....while I was looking at all those videos I saw guys like T-Rich Woody Braylon Rhodes LT Turner.... Part of a head coaches job is to replace talent that you lose since you do lose a lot from year to year in the NFL I believe we lost 2 pretty good blocking TE's as well (Cant remember the names) We also had LT out of the back field receiving . What has this team or Rex done to plug all these holes ? Nothing.

We cant run the ball now because losing T-Rich and Woody was HUGE even though T-Rich was old he was still one of the better blcoking FB's in the NFL be hey we replaced him with a ****ing tomato can that Rex had to have .

I love all the big talk and the Locker room bravado but you have to continue to back that sh*t up otherwise you risk becoming a blow hard and thats exactly how Rex looks right now by letting this team's talent basicly go in the toilet.

Iisted Turner and The blcoking TE's because they were big contributors to the Running Game which now no longer exists.

Attrition happens. Good teams are able to mask it with stellar QB play. The Jets dont have that luxury so the gaps are on the forefront for all to see. They've been strapped against the cap because of some horrible contracts so the ability to acquire these replacements have been difficult (my biggest knock on Tanny). I suspect with some clever manipulation of contracts, some young guys stepping up and another offseason that they'll be able to find players to step in and take on those leadership type roles.

If Sanchez had the ability to inspire a 6 year old, let alone grown ass men, that would make up for the leadership void as well.

Archived