Rex Ryan Highlights

JustInFudge

Jif I understand it now.

You are a sound byte guy. Substance or performance doesn't matter.

Not how I judge a head coach. Results. And the results are currently horrible.

He does get the rest of this season to fix it, but I would not bet on that.

They aren't horrible. They are mediocre. The trouble with this board is that nobody can tell the difference between horrible and mediocre or good and "GREATEST THING EVER!!!!"

They aren't horrible. They are mediocre. The trouble with this board is that nobody can tell the difference between horrible and mediocre or good and "GREATEST THING EVER!!!!"

Attrition happens. Good teams are able to mask it with stellar QB play. The Jets dont have that luxury so the gaps are on the forefront for all to see. They've been strapped against the cap because of some horrible contracts so the ability to acquire these replacements have been difficult (my biggest knock on Tanny). I suspect with some clever manipulation of contracts, some young guys stepping up and another offseason that they'll be able to find players to step in and take on those leadership type roles.

If Sanchez had the ability to inspire a 6 year old, let alone grown ass men, that would make up for the leadership void as well.

Dom lets face facts here this team should be 1-4 but by the grace of God we are 2-3 our defensive numbers are terrible and our offense is terrible. Im not sure how that translates to mediocre. I would agree last year mediocre this year we have regressed to what seems to be heading towards a 5-11 or 6-10 type season. IMO we do still have some players in place to be a good football team with a 2 year rebuild but can you honestly say you trust Tanny with such a rebuild ? Look at the players Rex has touted do you trust his judgement on talent as much as his X's and O"s ?

@JIF

New Orleans Saints Probably all Time great QB 1-4

Green Bay Packers Probably best QB in the game today 2-3

Denver Broncos All time Great QB 2-3

Detroit Lions above average QB 1-3

Sure all these teams mentioned have weaknesses..... where are the QB's ? One thing Im positive of is they have 10x the players we have on offense and its not even close. So we lay it all on our QB to pull us out of the muck but do these guys just get a pass ? Your the one who said it JIF..... if things are going bad personnel wise, a great QB will pull you out .....well whos pullin ?

Dom lets face facts here this team should be 1-4 but by the grace of God we are 2-3 our defensive numbers are terrible and our offense is terrible. Im not sure how that translates to mediocre. I would agree last year mediocre this year we have regressed to what seems to be heading towards a 5-11 or 6-10 type season. IMO we do still have some players in place to be a good football team with a 2 year rebuild but can you honestly say you trust Tanny with such a rebuild ? Look at the players Rex has touted do you trust his judgement on talent as much as his X's and O"s ?

@JIF

Sure all these teams mentioned have weaknesses..... where are the QB's ? One thing Im positive of is they have 10x the players we have on offense and its not even close. So we lay it all on our QB to pull us out of the muck but do these guys just get a pass ? Your the one who said it JIF..... if things are going bad personnel wise, a great QB will pull you out .....well whos pullin ?

lawl you cant seriously believe that. Tom Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Flacco, Ryan, Schaub. I bet one of them wins the super bowl this year

@JIF

First off, every team in the NFL have weaknesses. Secondly, 3 of those 4 QB's do get a pass because not only are the former MVP's/ HOF'ers but they've all hoisted the Lombardi as well. Sanchez has been the worst QB in the league since he's entered, so no, he doesnt get a pass.

Similar to the overreactions of people like you on this site, its early. I could see everyone of those teams ending up with at least a .500 record. Detroit, maybe not. They suck. Just like I said this offseason when you laughed at me.

And to stay on topic with my thread, why are the Jets able to win despite their QB not pulling them out. Rex Ryan. You know, the guy you want fired. He's a better HC than everyone of those teams currently have.

lawl you cant seriously believe that. Tom Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Flacco, Ryan, Schaub. I bet one of them wins the super bowl this year

lawl yeah I can say it.

Tom Brady can win the SB this year because his Head Coach constantly plugs in players for him to succeed and guess what they dont have records :)

Ryan plays on an offense that does not have one single weakness 2 pro bowl WR's a HOF TE who is amazing at his age and a RB who is also still playing at a high level.

Rodgers can certainly turn it around as can Brees but I think San Fran will prove to be too much for both those teams and probably too much for the Falcons as well.

Flacco also plays on an offense with a lot of talent actully every QB you mentioned does but its only really about the QB here in NY while we play with a Receiver crew that has less than 100 career catches a no neam TE and 3 RB's that might not make 90 % of the rosters in the NFL Joe McKnight might make a roster for specials but thats about it.

Now go ahead and tell me the Jets Talent on offense is even remotely close to those teams and please dont give me the QB hating bullsh*t that one of those guys would turn our skill players into a bunch of probowlers.

Speeches solve everything.Stop hiding those Lombardis the Jets won after those wonderful expositions herein above. If the Nazis has Rex Ryan doing their prewar prep talk, we'd be having this coversation in German, if we were allowed to have it all.

And to stay on topic with my thread, why are the Jets able to win despite their QB not pulling them out. Rex Ryan. You know, the guy you want fired. He's a better HC than everyone of those teams currently have.

My brotha

your asking me to stay on topic when you once again made this about Mark Sanchez ? serious ? Did you derail your own topic ? :tongue:

If Sanchez had the ability to inspire a 6 year old, let alone grown ass men, that would make up for the leadership void as well.

who are these "ass men" you speak of :P

lawl yeah I can say it.

Tom Brady can win the SB this year because his Head Coach constantly plugs in players for him to succeed and guess what they dont have records :)

Ryan plays on an offense that does not have one single weakness 2 pro bowl WR's a HOF TE who is amazing at his age and a RB who is also still playing at a high level.

Rodgers can certainly turn it around as can Brees but I think San Fran will prove to be too much for both those teams and probably too much for the Falcons as well.

Flacco also plays on an offense with a lot of talent actully every QB you mentioned does but its only really about the QB here in NY while we play with a Receiver crew that has less than 100 career catches a no neam TE and 3 RB's that might not make 90 % of the rosters in the NFL Joe McKnight might make a roster for specials but thats about it.

Now go ahead and tell me the Jets Talent on offense is even remotely close to those teams and please dont give me the QB hating bullsh*t that one of those guys would turn our skill players into a bunch of probowlers.

I only mentioned those Qbs cause you did and that wasnt the point i was trying to make maybe i read your original post wrong.

But to respond to this post. It is about our QB he cant play lol. There are teams with id reckon far less talent then ours and yet he is still a bottom of the barrel QB. A good running game and a dominant WR can mask that but it doesnt change the fact that right now with this team he is arguably the worst or second worst qb in the league. An insane problem i see with him and everyone also sees is his turnovers. My biggest problem with these turnovers are yes some other qbs may have more INts but those are from throws down the field. Sanchez throws a 5 yard pass and it gets intercepted that's completely unacceptable.

Also if you wanna talk about weapons lets see. If we had a star wide reciever on our team lets say calvin johnson. We replace him with cro on that cro as WR play. What do you think is gonna happen? Cro was open Calvin Johnson would be open. Sanchez would still underthrow him and maybe Calvin makes an amazing catch pads sanchez's stats a little. You know what? It doesnt change the fact that it was a sh*tty throw and if we had a good QB it would have been a touchdown.

(not sure how coherent this is im currently doing organic chemistry while writing this but hopefully the points stand out)

Archived