Sweet Shonn Greene Stat from PFF

T0mShane

he doesn't like to make guys miss

remember ?

I would have benched him the day I heard that

a RB that likes contact

only the jets

I would have just kept him in the role he was in with LT the day I saw him try to catch a football, which woulda been like the first day of camp his rookie year I guess. That would mean having the foresight to find a replacement for LT after year one in Rex's tenure. Year two the latest. McKnight was a red flag day 1 and Powell really isn't a long term solution. Someone like Danny Woodhead would be a nice as a consolation prize at least.

What the ****.

Edited by HessStation

I would have just kept him in the role he was in with LT the day I saw him try to catch a football, which woulda been like the first day of camp his rookie year I guess. That would mean having the foresight to find a replacement for LT after year one in Rex's tenure. Year two the latest. McKnight was a red flag day 1 and Powell really isn't a long term solution. Someone like Danny Woodhead would be a nice as a consolation prize at least.

What the ****.

mcpuke has issues, but is the only guy close to a 3rd down back the jets have. why is he not involved in the offense ? can't pick up a blitz ?

I mean personally, you start Powell as your #1, McKnight is your 3rd down back and Greene comes in on short yardage or, god forbid, when the opposing defense looks tired or is on the field too long.

meh i dont think powell is all that. id rather have mcknight be 1 and greene 2. powell as a change of pace if mcknight gets tired.

I mean personally, you start Powell as your #1, McKnight is your 3rd down back and Greene comes in on short yardage or, god forbid, when the opposing defense looks tired or is on the field too long.

This must just be too obvious. Other teams would be expecting the Jets to use their backs effectively, so they're throwing them the ol' curveball.

monday night i watched him actually change direction to run right towards a defender who was taking an angle to him. so, instead of trying to make the guy miss he actually ran right towards him. now sometimes this would be ok, but it's ALL he ever does. he never tries to juke a guy, or stiff arm, or avoid a tackle. he just makes a beeline to the nearest defender..............

monday night i watched him actually change direction to run right towards a defender who was taking an angle to him. so, instead of trying to make the guy miss he actually ran right towards him. now sometimes this would be ok, but it's ALL he ever does. he never tries to juke a guy, or stiff arm, or avoid a tackle. he just makes a beeline to the nearest defender..............

If he was a change of pace back doing this in the 4th quarter of games against a tired Defense, this would be great, unfortunately, like so much of our team we are not using him in the way that best utilizes his talent.

No. It's Tannenbaum's fault. We undermined him with Tomlinson. He doesn't have the weapons around him that he needs. Rex doesn't use him right. We ruined him. He tries like really hard and wants to win so badly and stuff.

What part did I miss?

the part where you call yourself a buffoon :P Shonn Greene Lover

mcpuke has issues, but is the only guy close to a 3rd down back the jets have. why is he not involved in the offense ? can't pick up a blitz ?

He's also been hurt. I think McKnight has had hamstring injuries all year and was listed as probable due to illness this week. I am praying that is what has kept him off the field.

thats a good point. I just think hes such an explosive guy itd really help our offense.

Grimes must be bleh i havnt even heard of him since we got him

Give the guy a chance to learn a few plays. Has he been here a week yet?

He's also been hurt. I think McKnight has had hamstring injuries all year and was listed as probable due to illness this week. I am praying that is what has kept him off the field.

Give the guy a chance to learn a few plays. Has he been here a week yet?

He has. It's Hill who just got here. Grimes has been here for 2 weeks already so it's time he started showing more than Andre Johnson did on national TV.

No. It's Tannenbaum's fault. We undermined him with Tomlinson. He doesn't have the weapons around him that he needs. Rex doesn't use him right. We ruined him. He tries like really hard and wants to win so badly and stuff.

What part did I miss?

He hardly ever fumbles, so he has that going for him. Course it's hard to fumble when only running for 1 yard.

*watches Greene fumble twice against the colts