4 man fronts. Its time.

JustInFudge

im repeating myself but look at the tape they already do 4 man fronts in passing situations. if you are asking for more 4 man fronts you are asking for it on 1st and 2nd down. they already run 4 man fronts in nickel and dime situations.

Thank you. I watch for this just about every play at the home games. They are in a 4 man front a lot. Not exclusively but it is happening a lot...

The pass rush is nowhere to be found though.

Probably a good idea. Anything different is worth a shot.

Someone mentioned it the other day, but maybe model the Seahawks a little. Have a bunch of guys play the Chris Clemons role since there's no one really like that on the roster. Maybin obviously, but I'm thinking more of using the veterans in that possibly complex seemingly easier role (Pace, Scott, Thomas depending on the situaiton). DeVito, UDFA guy, and Coples are the other three. Pass down - Pace. Run down - Scott. Mix in - McIntyre, Thomas).

Pace/Scott/Thomas/Maybin/McIntyre at LB along with Davis and Harris.

My real point was on the DL, using more 4 man fronts with your 2 NT's injured. The LBer's were just a part of it as Thomas and Pace can play with a hand in the dirt. Whether those fronts result in a 4-3, Nickel or whatever, in back of them, obviously depends heavily on the game situations that they are in.

They installed a lot of 4-3 during training camp and are saving it for the NE game.

Just a guess.

With our 2 NT's injured and 2 guys off the scrap heap filling their roles, I think the Jets should go with 4 man fronts exclusively until Pouha and Eillis get healthy. The DL seems to be better suited to play with 4 man fronts. They dont have the true NT clog right now to deploy 3 man fronts and expect results. All the healthy DLmen are guys that can play inside or out and the Jets would have the flexibility to move them around the line giving the Colts numerous different looks. We already do this to an extent, I know, but I think they should put the 3-4 o n the shelf for now.

Also, I think this will benefit our LB'ers as well. Pace and Thomas are the absolute worst OLB'ers in the league. It might help to put them on the line with a hand in the dirt. This would also allow us to move our slow ass ILB's to the outside where their lack of speed might not be as noticeable and give our speed LB, Demario Davis, some time as a MLB. He might actually be able to run sideline to sideline. Who knows, since we dont blitz anymore, we might even be able to create some pressure from the DL.

Karl Dunbar is supposed to be a top notch DL coach. He specializes in 4 man fronts. We should give it a shot IMO. They're already getting gashed. Cant hurt right?

Thoughts?

My thought on this is Rex planned on doing this, but was going to wait until the Patriots game to unveil it, my guess is that he would be thinking this for 2 reasons, first it's how the Giants have had success against the Pats, and it would also help when Pats try, and go no huddle against our small package personal we deploy to try, and stop their passing attack.

If that was the plan it's only 1 game away no reason to give the Pats the tape on it now.

Archived