rest of the schedule

bitonti

obviously nothing is given with any game. but some serious stinkers the rest of the way

Let's assume they lose both Pats games, @ Seattle (crowd), @Buffalo (cold) and heck lets say the Cards beat them. That's 8-8. If they get hot and win 2 of those games they are 10-6. 9-7 should be good enough to be a wildcard in the AFC this year.

Im not saying playoffs are likely but it's possible. In the context of this schedule isn't a crazy thought.

my "worst case" projection is 8-8

Week 6 vs IND - W

Week 7 @ NE - L

Week 8 vs MIA - W

Week 9 - bye

Week 10 @ SEA - L

Week 11 @ STL - W

Week 12 vs NE - L

Week 13 vs AZ - L

Week 14 @ JAC - W

Week 15 @ TEN - W

Week 16 vs SD - W

Week 17 @ BUF - L

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think we'll beat Miami but lose to Buffalo?

they already beat Miami on the road, they should beat them at home. I think Buffalo in January will be a brutal place to play and usually they don't do well in that situation. But this is worst case.

Best case they beat Buffalo and Arizona and maybe even steal one of the Pats game, they'd be 11-5 in that scenario.

my point is not that I am nostradamus and can predict the future. I just want depressed Jets fans to look at this schedule. No @ Baltimore or @ Philly or NY Giants on Xmas eve this year.

It's alot of winnable games.

they already beat Miami on the road, they should beat them at home. I think Buffalo in January will be a brutal place to play and usually they don't do well in that situation. But this is worst case.

Best case they beat Buffalo and Arizona and maybe even steal one of the Pats game, they'd be 11-5 in that scenario.

my point is not that I am nostradamus and can predict the future. I just want depressed Jets fans to look at this schedule. No Baltimore or NY Giants this year. It's alot of winnable games.

Yeah, I know we won. My point is Miami could have gone either way, while we destroyed Buffalo even though Spiller ran all over us. And home field advantage doesn't really (at least it hasn't) exist for us.

I wish we had the Giants. So we could pound those scumbags.

they already beat Miami on the road, they should beat them at home. I think Buffalo in January will be a brutal place to play and usually they don't do well in that situation.

The Jets havent lost in Buffalo in their last 4 visits. All in cold weather months. In fact, the last time they lost there, was in Sept.

Yeah, I know we won. My point is Miami could have gone either way,

keep in mind they will be coming off the Pats game. they will probably only win one of those 2 games weeks 7 and 8. if they miraculously beat the Pats in Foxboro, then Miami becomes a classic trap. If they lose @ NE, then the Jets are desperate (and going into a bye)

Unfortunately, you forget we tend to lose to teams that can score more than 20 pts.

Week 6 vs IND - W L

Week 7 @ NE - L

Week 8 vs MIA - W

Week 9 - bye

Week 10 @ SEA - L

Week 11 @ STL - W

Week 12 vs NE - L

Week 13 vs AZ - L

Week 14 @ JAC - W

Week 15 @ TEN - W

Week 16 vs SD - W L

Week 17 @ BUF - L

6-10.

The Jets have 2 games against the Pats, and the rest against teams they're as good as, or better than.

If Rex and and Jets are worth a damn, they can make a solid playoff run with this remaining schedule.

If not, I have some ideas on how to improve the situation......

BD

You will find out Sunday

This babble is along the same line of thought that proposed how beatable the 49er's were going to be because they were coming in from the west coast.

this is a fair point too, in the light of how that game turned out

the way I see it (and you probably won't agree) is that game was similar to the Pats game where they had just lost Jim Leonard. They fell apart after Revis went down. Psychologically, not having that key player is a problem. Everyone was pressing harder, trying to make up for the loss. Sanchez's run around and fumble on 3rd down for example. That game got away from them after losing their best player for the year. These guys are supposed to be consistent and awesome every week but they are humans and will be up and down.

my point in this thread is that if the Jets can find away to get up, they have a chance. there's very few bad matchups left.

the way I see it (and you probably won't agree) is that game was similar to the Pats game where they had just lost Jim Leonard. They fell apart after Revis went down. Psychologically, not having that key player is a problem. Everyone was pressing harder, trying to make up for the loss. Sanchez's run around and fumble on 3rd down for example.

What was his excuse all the times he's done it before?

this is a fair point too, in the light of how that game turned out

the way I see it (and you probably won't agree) is that game was similar to the Pats game where they had just lost Jim Leonard. They fell apart after Revis went down. Psychologically, not having that key player is a problem. Everyone was pressing harder, trying to make up for the loss. Sanchez's run around and fumble on 3rd down for example. That game got away from them after losing their best player for the year. These guys are supposed to be consistent and awesome every week but they are humans and will be up and down.

my point in this thread is that if the Jets can find away to get up, they have a chance. there's very few bad matchups left.

Fair enough analysis. Losing Revis is a big blow but the way the Jets are getting gashed by the run sorta makes the Revis loss seem less significant. I mean its not like they are losing from poor pass defense. Cromartie has stepped up big so far.

I see where you can look ahead and try and predict wins and losses but I felt the NYJ were a 9 win team before the injuries.

Archived