Who wants to work out with a Jet?

Maxman

I should be chosen to win this competition. I am a life long Jets, Mets and Rangers fan, following my father. I cherish any opportunity is get to meet an athlete that is apart of one of my favorite teams. My dad has had tickets since shea when he was in high school, and our family knows the pain of being a Jets fan. My Grandparents actually lived next to Babe Ruth's Widow. They were given a lot of Ruth memorabilia, so my family was destined to be a Yankees/Giants family. Turns out, the seats at the new shea stadium were wider, allowing my "larger" grandfather to sit more comfortably at games. From then on, my grandfather and father would attend Mets and Jets games instead of Giants and Yankees. My future as a Jets fan would be decided upon a few centimeters of seat space. My first game was the playoff win against Jacksonville. After that, I would miss very few home games, and have made many road trips to see the Jets. I bleed green through the good and bad (even though i was too young for kotite), and would love the opportunity to meet a New York Jet.

1. Make a short post in this thread telling us why you should win.

2. If you are on Twitter we will pick some who retweets this tweet.

3. If you are on Facebook, like this post.

So, if you're a JN poster, you actually have more work to do to win, rather than the Tweet machine users, or the Foul Minions of Zuckerberg.

They are doing another flag football competition as well. The Jets sent an email out about it today!

Can I come this year?

i've been there before, maybe i can i bring home the gold this time!

You should. You're in awesome shape.

To our new friends here at JN.

Welcome! Hope you poke around a bit and join in some conversations... especially the game thread tomorrow and post game. We would love to hear more opinions about our favorite team. JN is a fun place (been here 6 years) and a great way to blow off steam after another painful loss.

Good luck in the contest!

That was steam?

A real credential? If Cena and Holmes can do it then it doesn't carry much weight

Don't be ridiculous, I'm not talking about some meaningless position as one of many captains of some sorry ass Jets team. We're talking about the sole reigning captain of the prestigious organization of JN here. Those clowns aren't even good enough to wipe this JN captain's ass.

To our new friends here at JN.

Welcome! Hope you poke around a bit and join in some conversations... especially the game thread tomorrow and post game. We would love to hear more opinions about our favorite team. JN is a fun place (been here 6 years) and a great way to blow off steam after another painful loss.

Good luck in the contest!

That was steam?

I think he said his name was Steam.....

Don't be ridiculous, I'm not talking about some meaningless position as one of many captains of some sorry ass Jets team. We're talking about the sole reigning captain of the prestigious organization of JN here. Those clowns aren't even good enough to wipe this JN captain's ass.

Nice one. :)

I'll bring my three-legged dog that has no clue he's done weekly game day videos for the Jets for years (and he'll make things fun). I'm also a big fan :)

A 3-legged dog? Does he have good paws? He might be an option for the Jets at WR.

Thanks everyone for entering. This contest is now closed while we contact the winners and confirm that they can attend. The full list will be posted here once confirmed. RJF, RSherry and Bleedin Green all won tickets from the forums. We gave some additional tickets away on FB and Twitter. Thanks everyone

This event was a lot of fun. Kerley was amazing, really cool with everyone, very easy to talk to.

Ron Pickett is doing a recap of the event but it was enjoyable. They had skills competitions which I won except for punting. I have a video of Ron punting the ball 60 yards. Pretty impressive....

Last night, JetNation was invited to go to the Jets practice facility in Florham Park. MasterCard’s “Priceless New York” program allowed this all to happen, so big thanks to Mastercard for organizing such an amazing night.

When we arrived, we were greeted by members of the MasterCard team and brought into the auditorium where the team has their team meetings. It was there that we had a question and answer session with none other than Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley. Kerley answered questions from fans for about half an hour before they allowed us into the field house for a “Skills Competition.”

During the Skills Competition in the Field House, Kerley walked around between the 40-yard dash run, the football accuracy game, the field goal kicking challenge, and the punting challenge. Kerley also threw routes to the young children in attendance for about 20 minutes.

After the Skills Competition, Kerley sat down and autographed people’s memorabilia for about a half hour. He also took pictures with most fans also. Once the autograph signing was complete, a member of the Jet’s front office gave us a tour of the facility for a half hour before sending us on our way.

It was a great experience for us, as well as the children to hang out with a true professional Jeremy Kerley. He answered any and all questions to the best of his ability. He had great energy throughout the night and it was nice to see a professional giving his time after a long day to hang out with the people who truly idolize him. Kerley is an amazing person and an extremely humble guy. He treated everyone as if they were his friends. We could only hope more guys in the NFL and other professional sports could be as friendly.

Thanks again to MasterCard for the experience and I look forward to more events such as this in the future.

Archived