The eleventh hour

lancemehl

Is anyone else terrified to get this game underway....knowing that this season is close to collapsing completely and another loss with NE coming up would start attracting the vultures? And we start all over again? smh I am. lol

Here's an interesting piece of Jet trivia I just noticed. I doesn't exactly apply here, but it just illustrates the team's flair for repelling success and quickly squashing any signs of hope: Since SB3, we've only had double digit wins (10 or more) back to back once. (85-86)

We have reached the ten win mark 6 other times besides that. Once was followed by a strike year (6-3 mud bowl) The other five went like this:

'98- 12-4 (one game from SB) - next year 8-8 (no playoffs)

'04- 10-6 -- next year 4-12

'06- 10-6 (playoffs)-- next year 4-12

'10 - 11-5 (one game from SB) - next year 8-8 (no playoffs)

But in 2001 we were 10-6 (playoffs) and next year got in again at 9-7! THEN the FOLLOWING year they went 6-10. lol

And for kicks, last time we followed an AFC title game with an 8-8 season, we came back with a 9-7 playoff-less effort. idk

Just some fun Jet facts. Sometimes I wonder, following the basic spiritual law of manifestation (or attraction), if the collective conscious of all Jet fans actually effect these games, in other words, they lose because so many people watching believe they will lose. lol Either that or I'm going with the Joe Namath deal with the devil. idk

Just some fun Jet facts. Sometimes I wonder, following the basic spiritual law of manifestation (or attraction), if the collective conscious of all Jet fans actually effect these games, in other words, they lose because so many people watching believe they will lose. lol Either that or I'm going with the Joe Namath deal with the devil. idk

Do you think Vegas builds our collective consciousness into the lines?

Do you think Vegas builds our collective consciousness into the lines?

lol It's been a while since I've given my money to Frankie "Mo" in an envelope on Wednesday; How have they done against the spread in recent years? I think the cosmic forces only secure losses. Just like any great dynasty though, it is magical the way they lose

Is anyone else terrified to get this game underway....knowing that this season is close to collapsing completely and another loss with NE coming up would start attracting the vultures? And we start all over again? smh I am. lol

Here's an interesting piece of Jet trivia I just noticed. I doesn't exactly apply here, but it just illustrates the team's flair for repelling success and quickly squashing any signs of hope: Since SB3, we've only had double digit wins (10 or more) back to back once. (85-86)

We have reached the ten win mark 6 other times besides that. Once was followed by a strike year (6-3 mud bowl) The other five went like this:

'98- 12-4 (one game from SB) - next year 8-8 (no playoffs)

'04- 10-6 -- next year 4-12

'06- 10-6 (playoffs)-- next year 4-12

'10 - 11-5 (one game from SB) - next year 8-8 (no playoffs)

But in 2001 we were 10-6 (playoffs) and next year got in again at 9-7! THEN the FOLLOWING year they went 6-10. lol

And for kicks, last time we followed an AFC title game with an 8-8 season, we came back with a 9-7 playoff-less effort. idk

35-9. Ouch. WHAT A DISASTER of a game.

Archived