So here is Rex's "Trash Talk" about the Pats

shawn306

“I just think that I want them to know… and they know that I think we’re going to beat them,” Ryan said. “I recognize that they’re a great football team and Belichick’s a great coach. I’ve never once said that he wasn’t. But again, we’re not going to back down or concede anything.”

“They’re going to get our best shot and we know we’re going to get theirs,” Ryan added. “It really doesn’t matter who says what. But we are going to be ourselves. We’re coming there to take our swing.“We’ll see if we land that punch to win the game.”

The Jets, Patriots, Bills and Dolphins are all 3-3, which prompted Ryan to quip, “We’re tied for first in our division … We’re also tied for last.”

“Are they more vulnerable? I don’t know,” Ryan said. “They lost three games. That’s probably more than they normally lose in a season, but we need to worry about ourselves more than anybody else.”

“I’ve never stopped thinking about the Patriots,” Ryan said. “That’s the team you got to beat to win our division. Obviously Buffalo and Miami are improved … not taking anything away from them, but the team that’s won our division since I’ve been the head coach here has always been New England. So that’s the one you have to beat for sure.

“You think about them,” he added. “You even build your roster sometimes and trying to beat this team. So you’re always thinking about them.”

Am I missing something here ?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back Herm!!!

lol -

I like him a lot better than you do but this stuff makes me cringe as well. He talks to the press like he's one of the players rather than its head coach.

I have no problem with bravado. Head coaches need it. But they need it in the confines of their own locker room.

Granted, reporters now set him up with this type of crap, but he takes the bait so easily. He is borderline dopey.

if you want to see a guy trying to cater to everyone watch the debate tonight.

Football is entertainment.. it's the WWE with more credibility. Besides, I watched it yesterday and when he said that it was just a blip in an otherwise mundane pc. The media fished for it and Rex gave them a little of what they wanted.

Really nothing to see there at all.

What did he say that was so wrong?

Good coaches don't have to tell the media that "they are going to beat someone". Good coaches do it with their team and on the field.

Does it give other team fodder for trying harder? Who knows.

What it does, is make the braggadocios coach look like an ass. You know how excessive celebration after a touchdown likes contrived and stupid? Telling someone that you are going to beat them before you do it makes you sound like a pure idiot. Especially, after your predictions have been wrong before.

Smart coaches just maneuver deftly around these trap questions. Rex walks right into them thinking he is sou tough.

Good coaches don't have to tell the media that "they are going to beat someone". Good coaches do it with their team and on the field.

What it does, is make the braggadocios coach look like an ass. You know how excessive celebration after a touchdown likes contrived and stupid? Telling someone that you are going to beat them before you do it makes you sound like a pure idiot. Especially, after your predictions have been wrong before.

Smart coaches just maneuver deftly around these trap questions. Rex walks right into them thinking he is sou tough.

yeah... he never said he was going to beat them tho.

all he said was they know I think we're going to beat them. that's not a guarantee. in fact it's saying nothing at all.

yeah... he never said he was going to beat them tho.

all he said was they know I think we're going to beat them. that's not a guarantee. in fact it's saying nothing at all.

shouldnt be saying anything other than they're a tough team and we're going to prepare for them.

Thats it. Belichick the whole thing, including the cheating part.

8-8 is our destiny.

After every win there is this overwhelming sense of invincibility and then the predictable collapse. For some reason Rex thinks that beating the Colts was the same as winning the Super Bowl.

At least wait until they beat a team with a winning record to open your mouth. Can anyone name the last victory vs. a team with a winning record?

Oh come on. He didn't even say that.

It doesn't matter what he said or meant to convey. Words get twisted and misconstrued in the media.

Smart people realize this and stay far away from going anywhere near there types of incendiary quotes.

Rex, he latches on to them like dog and a bone. Pure stupidity. They serve no purpose

So Rex isn't a good coach?

8-8 is our destiny.

After every win there is this overwhelming sense of invincibility and then the predictable collapse. For some reason Rex thinks that beating the Colts was the same as winning the Super Bowl.

At least wait until they beat a team with a winning record to open your mouth. Can anyone name the last victory vs. a team with a winning record?

A year ago this weekend when they beat 4-1 San Diego.

The problem with it apparently is that Rex said he thinks they (the Jets will win). That is what the media is running with. They totally disregarded the rest of what I posted here, so they can get the "Well here goes Rex, win one game and he is back to being his blowhard self".

I didn't see alot wrong with what he said. He gave the Pats their props as being the team to beat but I guess that is not enough.

I would really love to see Rex play with the media. "Nah we have no shot this weekend. New England will probably put 50-60 on us." So let's move on to next week.

It doesn't matter what he said or meant to convey. Words get twisted and misconstrued in the media.

Smart people realize this and stay far away from going anywhere near there types of incendiary quotes.

Rex, he latches on to them like dog and a bone. Pure stupidity. They serve no purpose

So, you want the organization to completely stop having press conferences and interviews? Yeah, not going to happen.

A year ago this weekend when they beat 4-1 San Diego.

The problem with it apparently is that Rex said he thinks they (the Jets will win). That is what the media is running with. They totally disregarded the rest of what I posted here, so they can get the "Well here goes Rex, win one game and he is back to being his blowhard self".

I didn't see alot wrong with what he said. He gave the Pats their props as being the team to beat but I guess that is not enough.

I would really love to see Rex play with the media. "Nah we have no shot this weekend. New England will probably put 50-60 on us." So let's move on to next week.

He owes them nothing, media owes him everything. I wish that during his next presser, at the very last second (after they've stopped taking questions), he would just throw them a curve ball ("Oh yeah, Tebow is starting this week") and then leave w/o answering questions about it. Then, don't start Tebow. Just do it to mess with 'em. Tell me they don't deserve it...

What a bunch of pansies.

I don't care what he says. I care how they play. Bill Belichick can shove the bulletin board up his ass. It doesn't mean anything. People want to hate Rex so they jump on this kind of sh*t. He's not a ****ing politician. He's a football coach. I'm tired of the head coach being a two faced bitch politician.

Archived