So here is Rex's "Trash Talk" about the Pats

shawn306

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it now,

"i hate him, I hate him, I hate him"

so no matter what Rex does you will bash him,

glad to know not to listen to anything you have to say about Rex.

I think he is a bad head coach. If you choose to ignore the trends, so be it.

He openly admitted to "losing the locker room" last year. This from a guy who supposedly is a "players coach". He chose to give out "C"'s to players like he was dishing candy on Halloween.

He is supposed to be a defensive guru. His teams can not sniff a quarterback. They can not get off the field on 3rd down. They seem ill equipped to "end games" when it is on the defenses hands

There is not a player on this team that I think his staff has "coached up" and made better. Players under Rex Ryan seem to settle to their own level.

He seems unable to adjust to what is the NFL. The new NFL is approaching offense in a pass happy manner, because the rules dictate it. It is to speed up play, and get more plays in to keep the defenses off balance. Force their packages. The Jets s-l-o-w things down to a crawl, almost telegraphing what they are going to do. Rex is stuck in a time capsule.

I can go on.....

Hey, at one time I liked Rex too, and thought that he was a breath of fresh air. That air is now stale, as it has no new life in it. Rex has become a caricature of himself.

The worst thing that a team can do with a "players coach" is allow that act to run too long, if there is not anything else he can bring to the table. And that is where Rex is

Damn some of you sound like bitches! Are you kidding me? What exactly did he say that was so bad?

Oh no...now the Pats know we want to beat them!! Damn it Rex, that was supposed to be a secret!!

Man the **** up and stop being afraid of this team, we have beat them before and can beat them again! **** the Pats!

What did he say that was so wrong?

Isn't any one thing. A lot of it is tone. He sometimes talks like an insecure loser trying to psyche himself into convincing himself that he's otherwise. He talks like he's one of the players on the field, which I don't care for. He is their leader, not their chum. If a player made half these remarks on Twitter, we'd say zip it and do your talking on the field. Well this is a HC who does that.

And this is coming from someone who generally likes Rex.

Whatever. We won and technically are in first place with the tie breaker. So I'm not really looking for things to beat up our HC about after a decisive win that displayed the type of game the HC seeks every week (smothering defense and dominant run game and a QB mostly just doing no harm).

Isn't any one thing. A lot of it is tone. He sometimes talks like an insecure loser trying to psyche himself into convincing himself that he's otherwise. He talks like he's one of the players on the field, which I don't care for. He is their leader, not their chum. If a player made half these remarks on Twitter, we'd say zip it and do your talking on the field. Well this is a HC who does that.

And this is coming from someone who generally likes Rex.

Whatever. We won and technically are in first place with the tie breaker. So I'm not really looking for things to beat up our HC about after a decisive win that displayed the type of game the HC seeks every week (smothering defense and dominant run game and a QB mostly just doing no harm).

He is Santonio Holmes dropping the ball after every first down.

Man the f#ck up?? :lol: You are one silly goose.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with this forum! Such a defeatist attitude here all the time. The Patriots are FAR from unbeatable, even with the way we have been playing. The Pats lost to the Seahawks, Cardinals, and the Ravens. 3 losses by week 6? This is the most vulnerable this team has been in a while. Who cares if Rex wants to talk sh*t, he backed it up fairly well until last year. Besides I don't even see how what he said was so bad.

*** Looks at trophy case, sees it empty. ******

Facts are we havent won sh!t. Facts are we lost 2 AFC championship games. Shove those 4 wins. No hardware means we've done nothing.

Lot's of really good coaches either haven't won championships (Andy Reid) or took forever to win it (Bill Cowher). Rex may not be an elite coach yet but he's a very good one.

There's no way anyone can make an argument he isn't a good HC at this point. If Tannenbaum and Sanchez were good at their jobs he'd have at least one Super Bowl ring already, in just 4 years of being a HC.

Now we're making Sanchez-type of "If only they gave him....." arguments?? :lol:

Believe what you want to believe, I'll believe what I see. Rex is not a good head coach. Great cheerleader though.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with this forum! Such a defeatist attitude here all the time. The Patriots are FAR from unbeatable, even with the way we have been playing. The Pats lost to the Seahawks, Cardinals, and the Ravens. 3 losses by week 6? This is the most vulnerable this team has been in a while. Who cares if Rex wants to talk sh*t, he backed it up fairly well until last year. Besides I don't even see how what he said was so bad.

Um.. this place would be boring if we were all homer's having a circle jerk.

We all want the same thing; A good team who wins. Dont forget that. We all want to win. But we all have different opinions about a team.

And I care if Rex talks sh!t. I'd rather he shut his mouth and let his team kick their ass all over the field. HE is the reason we are a clown show. Shut yer mouth and coach.

The Patriots are ripe to be taken. But, it will not be by this jets team. That is the most disappointing aspect.

We tried that already. That was his predecessor. I'm sick of copying people. Coach the ****ing team. I don't want a politician. I don't want a "manager". I want football and I want to **** people up.

Mangini wasnt a good coach. Plus he didnt instill the Belichick way of running things.. Belichick earned the respect of his players and system. Mangini demanded it.

Coaches would be better off not saying anything. Rex would be better off keeping his mouth shut. And if he needs to open it, stick someone elses foot in it.

I think he is a bad head coach. If you choose to ignore the trends, so be it.

He openly admitted to "losing the locker room" last year.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of this post because how absolutely ridiculous it is but this is something I've seen you say a lot.

I'm just curious, you dont find accountability and humility to be a good characteristic of a leader? I do. If he lost the lockerroom and didnt own up to it, that would be a problem. The fact that he's owning it and vowed to never let it happen again would be a sign that he's learning from his mistakes to become a better HC.

And I personally think this whole issue is way over blown. I think this is Rex taking the pressure off the team and putting it back on him which is his intention with everything you hear him say to the media. If Sanchez didnt choke away last season, we'd never of heard about this fractured lockerroom.

Um.. this place would be boring if we were all homer's having a circle jerk.

We all want the same thing; A good team who wins. Dont forget that. We all want to win. But we all have different opinions about a team.

And I care if Rex talks sh!t. I'd rather he shut his mouth and let his team kick their ass all over the field. HE is the reason we are a clown show. Shut yer mouth and coach.

I agree 100 percent with this statement-not that it matters

Lot's of really good coaches either haven't won championships (Andy Reid) or took forever to win it (Bill Cowher). Rex may not be an elite coach yet but he's a very good one.

Woody's new motto-"It may never happen, or may take us forever, but hang in there"

Hey, I get you, and I for the longest time was the fan of consistency and trying to build with what you have. I can't do it with this regime. I believe them incapable of building anything.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of this post because how absolutely ridiculous it is but this is something I've seen you say a lot.

I'm just curious, you dont find accountability and humility to be a good characteristic of a leader? I do. If he lost the lockerroom and didnt own up to it, that would be a problem. The fact that he's owning it and vowed to never let it happen again would be a sign that he's learning from his mistakes to become a better HC.

And I personally think this whole issue is way over blown. I think this is Rex taking the pressure off the team and putting it back on him which is his intention with everything you hear him say to the media. If Sanchez didnt choke away last season, we'd never of heard about this fractured lockerroom.

Rex owns those "chokes" as he oversaw them. He does not get the luxury of pawning those off on his players. Nor should he.

The fact is, the Jets did lose at the end of last season. And Rex did lose the locker room. We can't just wish them away and say" well, if they didn't lose, we wouldn't know" They DID lsoe. And Rex led them down that path.

Rex owns those "chokes" as he oversaw them. He does not get the luxury of pawning those off on his players. Nor should he.

The fact is, the Jets did lose at the end of last season. And Rex did lose the locker room. We can't just wish them away and say" well, if they didn't lose, we wouldn't know" They DID lsoe. And Rex led them down that path.

Again, do you not think its a good characteristic of a leader to own his mistakes and vow to never let them happen again?

For me, this isnt just about Rex. I dont think any player, coach , owner, should ever give the media any good quotes or sound bites. It will never benefit them. I understand why Rex does it- take pressure off players, get fans to rally behind the team, have a little fun in a game where its too serious at times. But, personally, I dont like it. But it is who Rex is. He likes to talk. He likes to say things.I sure hope he can prove me wrong and win something with this band of misfits we have playing. But until then... Im not going to like it.

There's no way anyone can make an argument he isn't a good HC at this point. If Tannenbaum and Sanchez were good at their jobs he'd have at least one Super Bowl ring already, in just 4 years of being a HC.

Huh? How can you be a good HEAD COACH when you completely ignore the offense, give full reigns to Brian Schottenheimer and have no clue about offensive game plans on a week-to-week basis, and is at times oblivious to what is going on with the offense during the game?

After the Giants game debacle last year Rex said that he didn't know the game plan going in was to throw the ball so much.

He also was surprised they had thrown it 60 times. In other words, he had no idea what the offense was doing and did nothing to prevent it even though every offensive play goes through his headset.

In the Miami game he said he had no idea that Holmes had been benched because he was concentrating on "his" defense. He was also oblivious to the lockerroom turmoil which was all due to the offense. Why was he oblivious? Because he freakin ignores the offense.

Sorry, but even with Tanny and Sanchez sucking at their respective jobs, that gives no excuse to a HC to ignore other units of the team and act as a DC with a HC name tag.

Archived