Kris jenkins rips Tannebbaum on FAN

Bugg

Like him or not Jenkins is spot on about Tannenbum. He is not very good. Period. When was the last time we could say the jets had a good draft or a decent off season. The roster is tweeked from week to week because of the lack of depth and NFL talent. I still can't believe that people defend Tannenbum. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that this guy is a hack.

Ill listen to Damien Woody a little, but Kris Jenkins played like 8 games for us, couldnt stop eating reubans and now some how has the pulse of the organization? Nigga PUHLEASE

Why do you think he came to NY? Can't get a decent a Rueben in Carolina.

Like him or not Jenkins is spot on about Tannenbum. He is not very good. Period. When was the last time we could say the jets had a good draft or a decent off season. The roster is tweeked from week to week because of the lack of depth and NFL talent. I still can't believe that people defend Tannenbum. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that this guy is a hack.

I don't think anyone is defending Tannenbaum. It is more that they are shocked that anyone would take Jenkins seriously as having an in depth knowledge on the pulse of all things Jets. "Football is not a priority" yet the team went to the AFC title game without his oft injured butt the two years he was supposed to be on the field. Not saying that is an overwhelming accomplishment but I would think football would have to be a priority for that to have happened.

Dissing the Jets off of last seasons 8-8 has been easy for anyone trying to carve their way to being considered relevant in the media. Kudos to Jenkins for finding his post career niche. I anxiously await his next in depth analysis.

So I guess Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins are saying things about the organization they played for just for the hell of it. Its not possible for these guys who were on the inside to recognize some of the problems. Nah they are just making sh*t up for attention. :rolleyes:

so what are they saying about the patriots and the panthers?

I cant see why everyone gets so worked up about Woody and Jenkins talking about the Jets. Their new jobs are to basically talk about the Jets. Woody, if anything, is complementary towards alot of it. Jenkins is a little harder to take seriously only because he seemed to leave on bitter terms with the team. Whether that affects his opinion or not I have no idea, but I think many of us feel that is why he comes so hard at the organization at times. That being said I dont think he is totally wrong about the way the team is run. He was here for the Pennington to Favre to Sanchez transition. Favre was not a football decision. Even though he is a clear upgrade to Chad its a nightmare for a team to bring a new QB in with no organizational history with training camp already halfway complete. Im sure Tebow reminds him of that.

In some ways Jenkins benefited from it as well since the move to get him was also pushed from the top when they seemed to open up the pocketbook and go away from Manginis character rather than stars type of players.

Not a huge fan of Tanny by any means and while Jenkins makes some valid points, it's funny you never hear him rip on Carolina, who's made their fair share of recent gaffs.

Yeah, but nobody gives a crap about Carolina. Why talk about them? lol

Plus, the in-thing is to rip the Jets right now. Why wouldn't they try to get guys to be critical of them?

This. I thought this was a stellar observation. Drafts post-Mangini have had average to poor results.

And I don't think Jenkins is bitter. I think he knows what he's saying. Even if he is a bit bitter, he's not wrong.

Matt Slauson, Jeremy Kerley, Austin Howard, Mike Devito, Garrett Mcyntire, Aaron Maybin, Kenrick Ellis all say hello.

Matt Slauson, Jeremy Kerley, Austin Howard, Mike Devito, Garrett Mcyntire, Aaron Maybin, Kenrick Ellis all say hello.

sigh.

Mike Devito - not a Jets draft pick & a Mangini era pickup.

Garrett McIntyre - not a Jets draft pick

Aaron Maybin - not a Jets draft pick

Austin Howard - not a Jets draft pick

As for Matt Slauson, Jeremy Kerley, and Kenrick Ellis - average to poor results say hello. Slauson is solid but I wouldn't say exceptional. Kerley and Ellis show promise but neither has proven themselves for even a season yet.

And not to mention the average to poor performances of Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, and Vlad Ducasse.

And remember, the Giants don't talk trash either. All class. It's not like one of their players is warning RGIII to not run to his side or he'll have something for him. Only a Jets player would say something like that.

The Giants have earned the right to talk. The Jets have earned nothing.

The Giants are the best team in the NFL right now.

It's not like one of their coordinators is whining about an opposing player getting away with penalties, either.

Oh wait yes it is :)

Could you imagine the media backlash if a Jets coach had said something like that about the Pats?

i dont understand the critique of drafting projects. all draft picks are projects. No one is truly ready for the NFL out of college.

I also love the fact that if the team drafts a project, it's either "they don't know how to cut bait with their draft picks" but then those same people are the ones bitching the team doesn't develop players.

Archived