A Jets Fashion Survey

Bombdirt

Let me paint a quick scenario:

I was listening to the radio a few weeks back--this was a Chicago station; I live in the Midwest--and the deejays brought up an interesting topic. They claimed that it wasn't okay to wear a "Division Champions" or "AFC/NFC Champions" shirt in public under any circumstance unless your team went on to win the Superbowl. Their reasoning was that it was pointless to try and celebrate something that was ultimately futile. (And the Chicago guys are well-qualified to discuss such a point after the Bears' recent Superbowl loss and NFC Championship meltdown.)

That got me thinking. Granted, we haven't won the division since like, what, '02? I don't have a Divisional Champs shirt from that year, but I'm sure there are some out there.

Now, if the Jets ended up winning the AFC but losing in the Superbowl, I'm not sure I could stop myself from grabbing a souvenir shirt that said "AFC Champions" or "Superbowl 20XX: Jets vs. Whoever." I would probably not wear it out in public, but for hanging out at home/washing the car/slapping mosquitoes: hell yeah I would.

Which brings me to my questions:

1. If you were a Jets fan way back in the olden days, did you purchase an '02 Division Champs shirt?

2. If so, did you wear it in public?

3. Do you still have it?

4. Would you buy a division champions/AFC champions shirt this year if such a scenario happened?

5. Would you wear it if the Jets didn't win the Superbowl?

Now, if the Jets ended up winning the AFC but losing in the Superbowl, I'm not sure I could stop myself from grabbing a souvenir shirt that said "AFC Champions" or "Superbowl 20XX: Jets vs. Whoever."

Holy crap, I love that motto: "Superbowl 20XX: Jets vs. Whoever."

JN can have the T-shirt rights as long as I get 10 percent of the profits.

Let me paint a quick scenario:

I was listening to the radio a few weeks back--this was a Chicago station; I live in the Midwest--and the deejays brought up an interesting topic. They claimed that it wasn't okay to wear a "Division Champions" or "AFC/NFC Champions" shirt in public under any circumstance unless your team went on to win the Superbowl. Their reasoning was that it was pointless to try and celebrate something that was ultimately futile. (And the Chicago guys are well-qualified to discuss such a point after the Bears' recent Superbowl loss and NFC Championship meltdown.)

That got me thinking. Granted, we haven't won the division since like, what, '02? I don't have a Divisional Champs shirt from that year, but I'm sure there are some out there.

Now, if the Jets ended up winning the AFC but losing in the Superbowl, I'm not sure I could stop myself from grabbing a souvenir shirt that said "AFC Champions" or "Superbowl 20XX: Jets vs. Whoever." I would probably not wear it out in public, but for hanging out at home/washing the car/slapping mosquitoes: hell yeah I would.

Which brings me to my questions:

1. If you were a Jets fan way back in the olden days, did you purchase an '02 Division Champs shirt?

2. If so, did you wear it in public?

3. Do you still have it?

4. Would you buy a division champions/AFC champions shirt this year if such a scenario happened?

5. Would you wear it if the Jets didn't win the Superbowl?

1- No But did recieve a sweatshirt for Christmas.

2- Hell Yes

3-Yes (Does not fit too well these days but comfy with a pair of sweats on early in the morning)

4-see answer number 3

5-see answer number 3

Holy crap, I love that motto: "Superbowl 20XX: Jets vs. Whoever."

JN can have the T-shirt rights as long as I get 10 percent of the profits.

I like that, too. I think Max should get on it.

To answer your question, I like parading around in my Patriots 19-0 gear.

Archived