JETS to Watch Today ?

Ken Schroy

I will keeping an eye on a couple of New guys today.

Jonathan Grimes - Can he run the ball? If he can than, it can chnage things for the Offense, Big Time.

Marcus Dowtin - Can this kid play linebacker and be as fast as he says? He would be very helpful clogging the middle for the defense.

Coples, Wilkerson, Devito; if those three can't apply consistent pressure than brady will pick us apart.

Lankster/Trufant et al. whomever is covering Welker, needs to keep that shifty little bastard from gashing us for 100+ and converting on every 3rd down.

Not a person to watch, but 3rd down defense needs to get the guys off the field against brady.

On offense, besides the obvious sanchez; Hill, Kerley and Keller need to get open downfield if the running game is going to have any chance of running the ball on these guys. They opened up lanes well last time, but as mentioned before, we struggle so mightily on blocking the second-level defenders, which destroys our ground game.

Coples, Wilkerson, Devito; if those three can't apply consistent pressure than brady will pick us apart.

Lankster/Trufant et al. whomever is covering Welker, needs to keep that shifty little bastard from gashing us for 100+ and converting on every 3rd down.

Not a person to watch, but 3rd down defense needs to get the guys off the field against brady.

On offense, besides the obvious sanchez; Hill, Kerley and Keller need to get open downfield if the running game is going to have any chance of running the ball on these guys. They opened up lanes well last time, but as mentioned before, we struggle so mightily on blocking the second-level defenders, which destroys our ground game.

3rd downs period. Both sides.

I'm going to be watching whoever the 3rd CB is on the field because they are going to get picked on, a lot.

Mangold. If he can handle Wilfork without help it will be huge for both the running and passing game. If Wilfork has to be doubled, the Jets will struggle. The key to the Pats D-line is Wilfork & Love commanding three blockers, thus creating advantages and openings elsewhere -- i.e. LB's easily shooting the gap to blow up plays.

Jonathan Grimes - Can he run the ball? If he can than, it can chnage things for the Offense, Big Time.

Marcus Dowtin - Can this kid play linebacker and be as fast as he says? He would be very helpful clogging the middle for the defense.

Dowtin is playing snaps?

1. Eric Smith - hopefully I am watching him stand on the sidelines and nothing more.

2. Bell + Landry covering the NE TE's

3. Bryan Thomas Jamming the TE's at the line since he can't get to Brady anyway

Smith will be watching, he wont even be making the trip.

Archived