Rex Ryan

gangreenman

Brady wasnt even good today. Jets cant defend screen passes. No pressure, Brady had all the time in the world to throw his 4 yard passes

That's sort of a contradiction, no? He gets the ball out so quick. When he did hold onto to it they did put some pressure on him. Edited by HessStation

Rex's lack of caring about the offense is going to be his downfall. The way they call and run the offense is horrific. This has been going on since 2009. The decision to bring in Sparano was insane. This was a guy that wanted to go for 2 up against the Jets when the situation called for 1. Why? Because he had no clue what was going on. 3rd and 1 shotgun on the goal. That is all you need to see and when you are the head coach and this garbage goes on under two guys you have to take the blame. The time management makes Herm Edwards and Dick Curl look like geniuses. Unless Rex takes more of an interest in the other side of the ball hes going to be this generations Wade Phillips, getting a few gigs as a head coach after excelling a DC.

• Upvote 2

Sorta I guess....these werent all quick hitters though.

Not at all. Belichick is always one step ahead. Those four yard screen passes are going to be the new thing of the future.

I did edit and then said, He gets the ball out so quick. When he did hold onto to it they did put some pressure on him. But I hear you. Just don't think it was about a pass rush.

I'm kind of in the same place. I've given him a pass because even after today he's nine games over .500 (inc. playoffs), with Mark Sanchez starting all but one of those games. But the Sparano hire was absolutely retarded--the offensive playcalling remains retarded and the in-game management has reached laughable proportions. And on top of it all, he insists on keeping himself hitched to Sanchez seemingly at all costs. I know the talent pool sucks, but given the idiotic way we run our scouting department, he doesn't get off the hook for that either. The nexus of personnel and in-game coaching is an absolute disaster. We could have won that game 8 different ways today and we ****ed up basically every single one of them.

We put two quarterbacks on the field at the same time today, sending one in motion out to WR to block. This happened several times today. And that was the second time this season that the defense was handed a lead at the end of a game and folded to send a game into OT, one of those being against Ryan Tannehill. I mean come on with this sh*t.

• Upvote 1

We put two quarterbacks on the field at the same time today, sending one in motion out to WR to block. This happened several times today. And that was the second time this season that the defense was handed a lead at the end of a game and folded to send a game into OT, one of those being against Ryan Tannehill. I mean come on with this sh*t.

Tebow makes sense on a 2nd or 3rd and short, when the OL is pushing around the D and the Jets have momentum....hmmm. So anyway, yeah not on a 1st and 10 on your own 25, when the Pats have the momentum and are up by 10 with 11 minutes left in the game...

Edited by HessStation

I'm kind of in the same place. I've given him a pass because even after today he's nine games over .500 (inc. playoffs), with Mark Sanchez starting all but one of those games. But the Sparano hire was absolutely retarded--the offensive playcalling remains retarded and the in-game management has reached laughable proportions. And on top of it all, he insists on keeping himself hitched to Sanchez seemingly at all costs. I know the talent pool sucks, but given the idiotic way we run our scouting department, he doesn't get off the hook for that either. The nexus of personnel and in-game coaching is an absolute disaster. We could have won that game 8 different ways today and we ****ed up basically every single one of them.

Its the problem with the team and their whole philosophy. He kicked my butt so he has to be good while the GM chimes in "and he knows Parcells". Forget the fact that the guy was replaced in Dallas and his offenses in Miami stunk against everyone else not wearing green for the most part. I still remember the one game they beat they Jets where he called for a 2 point conversion when they were up 30-19 early in the 4th putting the Jets in a position to get 8 and 3 to tie when an extra point means two touchdowns to win. The only reason he did it was because the Jets were dumb enough to try one in the 3rd quarter and he wanted to match the stupidity. He sucks.

Schottenheimer was no good but when you fire him you have two options- hire a proven OC or go and take a flier on a bright young talent. Instead they took option 3 which was to take a guy who was awful but had head coaching experience meaning Rex didnt really have to concern himself with that side of the ball.

• Upvote 3

Coples can play btw. Might be the team's best DL this year, which speaks to alot of under performing amongst the veterans moreso than a major drop in talent level. Are they falling below expectations because the coaches can't coach D anymore, the players stupid dummy dumb dumbs, or a grand combination of the two? THIS and other stories to unfold as your NY Jets complete the other 9 games left of the 2012 NFL regular season!

This is fun guys.

He's the guy who has refused to bench the worst QB in the NFL and completely neglected the offense. People wanting to give him a pass for that are clueless. He's the HC. The buck stops with him. His D could've won the game tonight twice and didn't.

This, 100%

Coples can play btw. Might be the team's best DL this year, which speaks to alot of under performing amongst the veterans moreso than a major drop in talent level. Are they falling below expectations because the coaches can't coach D anymore, the players stupid dummy dumb dumbs, or a grand combination of the two? THIS and other stories to unfold as your NY Jets complete the other 9 games left of the 2012 NFL regular season!

This is fun guys.

So, I was thinking...what the Jets would look like in a more blitz heavy (as you could lend Cro and Revis to still lock up in man) attacking type Tampa 2 style D. They'd be on the small side but just thinking for starters...

DT: Mo and Coples

DE: Maybin and McIntyre

ILB: Harris

WLB: Davis

SLB: Too bad Mauga got hurt

....could probably try Wilson at FS and Landry at SS.

anyway, was just a thought. Would be a total, different approach. Just a thought.

Edited by HessStation

In a universe where the last 2 minutes of a game are more important than the other 58 combined...Tim Tebow is a top 10 QB.

Actually, the last 2 minutes of a game are more important than the other 58 when how a team plays in those 2 minutes determines if they win, lose, or go into OT. If Sanchez threw an INT on the go ahead FG drive, that would be worse than any other TO in the game.

Actually, the last 2 minutes of a game are more important than the other 58 when how a team plays in those 2 minutes determines if they win, lose, or go into OT. If Sanchez threw an INT on the go ahead FG drive, that would be worse than any other TO in the game.

Sure, but if he had, say, thrown a touchdown to Hill instead of a pick there, or actually connected with Chaz on that 3rd & 1 from the 2, maybe we're never in this squeaker to begin with.

Edited by stoicsentry

I just want to get this off my chest, because this game sealed it for me.

If the Jets fire Rex Ryan, I will stop caring about this team. Without Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Ellis, and literally down to a 3rd string UDFA, a fullback, and a QB at the running back position, and we were still not only competed, but should have won that game.

Under Mangini or Edwards or anyone else, this game is a laugher. Now Im brutally pissed that Sparano sat on the ball when we could have ended the game, that the ref invented a pi call on a play he couldn't see... And that we lost a game we should have won.

Tom Brady managed a grand total of 20 points on four scoring drives. The Jets offense scored 26 points.

Give him a good QB, and that man is going to win a Super Bowl. I hope our owner gives him that chance.

:rl:

Sure, but if he had, say, thrown a touchdown to Hill instead of a pick there, or actually connected with Chaz on that 3rd & 1 from the 2, maybe we're never in this squeaker to begin with.

Can't have it both ways. If you're shifting it onto the WR's, you kiiiiiiiinda have to put that one on the guy who acquired them.

You won't be laughing when your watching Rex win a SB for his next team.

And to clarify, I will put on record that if Rex is fired from the Jets, I will become a fan of whatever team hires him.

Whether Rex wins with another team or not I dont care.

Whether you become a fan of another team because of him... I dont care.

Rex is not--- Not- a good Head Coach. He's a great cheerleader. He's been a defensive genius. But he lacks terribly as a HC. I wish he was a more complete coach. I wish he would take us to the promise land. But... i just dont see it.

He's decent. And yes.. better personnel would help. But we've gone backwards in his 4 years in personnel. Who is to blame? Him or Tanny or both? I say both.

That's a fair question. Except the 4th quarter of the 49ers game, the team always plays hard for him. I do think he needs to give the playcalling back to Petine at some point or get someone in here who can make the calls. Still I feel like we will always play hard and always be competitive with Rex as the HC. The picking of the personnel needs to be addressed this off season for sure.

Whether Rex wins with another team or not I dont care.

Whether you become a fan of another team because of him... I dont care.

Rex is not--- Not- a good Head Coach. He's a great cheerleader. He's been a defensive genius. But he lacks terribly as a HC. I wish he was a more complete coach. I wish he would take us to the promise land. But... i just dont see it.

At the end of the day, with a below average QB and holes all over the roster...His team always seems to have a chance to win and has always been in the playoff hunt toward the end of the season. Really, thats all you can ask for from a coach...Put the team in position to win, and hope the ball bounces your way or a call goes your way enough to get you into the dance.

Oh, and when that has happened and he has been in the playoffs, it'd be tough to argue that he didn't take advantage.

That's a fair question. Except the 4th quarter of the 49ers game, the team always plays hard for him. I do think he needs to give the playcalling back to Petine at some point or get someone in here who can make the calls. Still I feel like we will always play hard and always be competitive with Rex as the HC. The picking of the personnel needs to be addressed this off season for sure.

Hard... yes. Maybe its our supporting coaches just arent good enough to carry his jock and show the players his vision.

At the end of the day, with a below average QB and holes all over the roster...His team always seems to have a chance to win and has always been in the playoff hunt toward the end of the season. Really, thats all you can ask for from a coach...Put the team in position to win, and hope the ball bounces your way or a call goes your way enough to get you into the dance.

Oh, and when that has happened and he has been in the playoffs, it'd be tough to argue that he didn't take advantage.

Has a chance and falls flat. the past year and a half and we're below .500 by a game. Losing AFC championships are cute, but meaningless. Struggling 2 straight years is a big black mark. Being close to winning isnt enough. We actually have to win these games against the better competition in the league.

Can't have it both ways. If you're shifting it onto the WR's, you kiiiiiiiinda have to put that one on the guy who acquired them.

Actually, I'm putting that on the QB, not the receivers. Sanchez had Hill for the TD if he pulled the trigger faster. Of course Hill had his own screw up later by dropping that pass.

We're a pretty good team, missing our best offensive weapon and best defensive weapon.

We played a good team, in their building, and took them to overtime. I'm not going to use the phrase moral victory, but I can't see how it's an indictment of the roster, either.

Edited by stoicsentry

Two Tings!

First Ting: At the start of the post-game press conference, it looked like he just finished crying. Just sayin'.......

Second Ting: In this extra-weak AFC, no Playoffs, no job security. If you can't make the Playoffs with about 3 spots up for grabs, you can roll. Tired of him protecting Sanchez, and pumping up how much talent this team has. Stop the lies.

T-Rex and Mark. The 3-headed monster.

You ride together. You die together.....

BD

Edited by BlackDynamite