Rex Ryan

gangreenman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this team for a very long time, do I want to go back to the Mangina's Herm's, Kotites, Walton's. No thanks, we hung in Foxbourgh with the Pats and should have won.

Yes Sanchez sucks, we are playing with out best player out top WR and all the rest. But this team is not a million miles off. Davis looks good, Coles is young, and will get better. Hill can play Kerley is legit. We have a RT. This team with a average NFL QB will do damage. Worst off season mistake was resign Sanchez, which will cost us to cut him, but Scott, Pace, and few other over paid over the hill guys will be gone. Hell Revis will cost less with the Knee.

We have some easier games and the Wild card is up for grabs.

Go Jets.

Sorry if this already have been posted, but in my opinion we don´t afford to play it safe if we want to win these games. So when Sparano calls for the pass on 3-1 at their 2yard line or whatever it was, was the game for me. If we had a TD there (either by a direct run or by 4 new plays) we would have won the game.

At the moment it felt like we had them pinned down and I actually relaxed and thought about our great stats from the Colts game when we killed in every red zone play. So I was very surpriced that they went for the pass. And then more surprice as we didn´t try to convert on fourth.

**** it, I hate trying to win by playing safe. Even more when it doesn´t work.

Completely agree with the OP. The buck stops with him yes, but so much of the sh*t that has gone on is our of his control, and the fact remains his specialty (defense) is always at worst, a good unit, despite some pretty glaring weaknesses. I can't really emphasise how good a performance that was defensively. We gave the Patriots, the best offense in the league, very little and everything they got, they earned. We were constantly forcing them to convert 3rd downs. I didn't like the 3 man rush at all, but that was mainly because even with 8 dropping we couldn't ****ing cover Gronk. That would be my only criticism for him on this game, he flat out outcoached BB again, not the first time. The gameplan was perfect, the execution from a select few cost us the game. A coach can't legislate for the drops, the awful flags, the ST return, which I'm chalking up as an aberration considering how great that unit has been. I'd criticize him for sticking with Sanchez, but there's no alternate, and anyone who thinks he was behind the Tebow idea is delusional.

And Jets fans wonder why there is never any success in this franchise, the minute a 1st time HC, who is handed a QB he CAN'T bench for multiple reasons, but the most important being no matter how bad Sanchez is the other options on the roster are worse.

What if the Steelers fired every HC when there was turmoil, and down years every once in awhile, how about the Giants sticking with Coughlin even thou EVERY media, and fan wanted him fired after 2010.

Bill Belicheck was a HORRIBLE HC his first time around in Cleveland, you just don't magically become this amazing HC, you need some experience, yes Rex is a little slow in picking up on his mistakes, but the upside with him is better than any HC option that would be available to the Jets.

He has a loser owner who is more interested in selling tickets, and putting his team on the back pages of newspapers for the wrong reasons. A GM who has no idea how to construct a team, and no BALLS when it comes to dealing with the owner, and the HC, IMO he caves into whatever the 2 of them tell him to do, when he should be telling the HC, you coach I ****ing put together the roster.

If you can get Woody to higher a GM who is a FOOTBALL GUY who can also evaluate talent, and talent that fits his coachs schemes, that will have the balls to tell Woody I am going to make the football decisions or fire me, and tell Rex to shout up, and do what you do best coach up those players, and get them ready to win football games this franchise might have a chance.

Everybody sits here, and complains about the media sucks, this guy is a loser he writes trash blah blah blah, you are all right, but at the same time all you do is come on here to kill the first HC we have had in 13 years who actually came in, and changed the culture of the franchise, he has had his ups, and downs, and still needs to learn A LOT, and get better, but firing him because he has not produced a SB, with what he has to work with is the stupid NY what have you done for me a minute ago thinking, and you all feed into it.

Enough is enough, let this franchise grow under Rex, at the very least he deserves a chance with 1 more QB, so that to me gives him until 2015 before I would even entertaining the thought of firing him, if they cut ties with Sanchez after 2013, he get 2 years minimum with the next QB, and maybe 3 if that QB is a rookie IMO.

And Jets fans wonder why there is never any success in this franchise, the minute a 1st time HC, who is handed a QB he CAN'T bench for multiple reasons, but the most important being no matter how bad Sanchez is the other options on the roster are worse.

What if the Steelers fired every HC when there was turmoil, and down years every once in awhile, how about the Giants sticking with Coughlin even thou EVERY media, and fan wanted him fired after 2010.

Bill Belicheck was a HORRIBLE HC his first time around in Cleveland, you just don't magically become this amazing HC, you need some experience, yes Rex is a little slow in picking up on his mistakes, but the upside with him is better than any HC option that would be available to the Jets.

He has a loser owner who is more interested in selling tickets, and putting his team on the back pages of newspapers for the wrong reasons. A GM who has no idea how to construct a team, and no BALLS when it comes to dealing with the owner, and the HC, IMO he caves into whatever the 2 of them tell him to do, when he should be telling the HC, you coach I ****ing put together the roster.

If you can get Woody to higher a GM who is a FOOTBALL GUY who can also evaluate talent, and talent that fits his coachs schemes, that will have the balls to tell Woody I am going to make the football decisions or fire me, and tell Rex to shout up, and do what you do best coach up those players, and get them ready to win football games this franchise might have a chance.

Everybody sits here, and complains about the media sucks, this guy is a loser he writes trash blah blah blah, you are all right, but at the same time all you do is come on here to kill the first HC we have had in 13 years who actually came in, and changed the culture of the franchise, he has had his ups, and downs, and still needs to learn A LOT, and get better, but firing him because he has not produced a SB, with what he has to work with is the stupid NY what have you done for me a minute ago thinking, and you all feed into it.

Enough is enough, let this franchise grow under Rex, at the very least he deserves a chance with 1 more QB, so that to me gives him until 2015 before I would even entertaining the thought of firing him, if they cut ties with Sanchez after 2013, he get 2 years minimum with the next QB, and maybe 3 if that QB is a rookie IMO.

3rd and 1 fom the 2 and we call a slant? And this with Greene/Oline doing a good job to that point. This is pure stupidity. Throw in the Jeckle/Hyde QB play and we have exactly what we have which is a another loss in which we should have won. You want to stick with Rex, fine but you need another possibly a change in the OC and you need a new QB and possibly a No. 1 WR.....

3rd and 1 fom the 2 and we call a slant? And this with Greene/Oline doing a good job to that point. This is pure stupidity. Throw in the Jeckle/Hyde QB play and we have exactly what we have which is a another loss in which we should have won. You want to stick with Rex, fine but you need another possibly a change in the OC and you need a new QB and possibly a No. 1 WR.....

Not arguing against any of those points, IMO these problems fall on the GM for hiring Sparano, and giving Rex that Jeckle/Hyde QB as his only option, I really don't care what anyone else says Tim Tebow is a worse option at starting QB then Sanchez period. If S Hill can learn to catch we will have that #1 WR, and a good slot guy in Kerley, then the Jets need to go, and replace Holmes with a M Wallace, P Harvin, V Cruz, A Brown, type, I know these guys don't grow on trees, but you need to find them.

Yes the O Coordinator is a problem, but not because of the scheme, but because he is a pussy who thinks FG's win games, and has no clue how to call the plays in certain spots, thats why Haley was his assistant O-Coordinator back in Dallas he knew when to call what, while Sparano knew the plays from that system.

Not arguing against any of those points, IMO these problems fall on the GM for hiring Sparano, and giving Rex that Jeckle/Hyde QB as his only option, I really don't care what anyone else says Tim Tebow is a worse option at starting QB then Sanchez period. If S Hill can learn to catch we will have that #1 WR, and a good slot guy in Kerley, then the Jets need to go, and replace Holmes with a M Wallace, P Harvin, V Cruz, A Brown, type, I know these guys don't grow on trees, but you need to find them.

Yes the O Coordinator is a problem, but not because of the scheme, but because he is a pussy who thinks FG's win games, and has no clue how to call the plays in certain spots, thats why Haley was his assistant O-Coordinator back in Dallas he knew when to call what, while Sparano knew the plays from that system.

Yes.....we better show up for the Fins on sunday...

There is no pass rush. Welker, Gronk and Hernandez ran wild. I understand they are superior players, but the lack of the a rush and piss poor coevrage has to give you pause.

But bigger than that-get the sense like his dad he has almost next to nothing to do with the offense. We know he doesn't call plays, but the abortions on the playcalls all day were really puzzling. Does he even talk to Sparano? Why is tebow even dressing if you aren;t going to use him? Is there any discussion during the week aout any of this? As we learned again today you aren't winning in Foxboro settling for kicking FGs. It has NEVER WORKED.

I can never understand why everyone lets Brady off the hook.. He has a glaring weakness.. just get in the backfield and he turns into Cutler... rewatch the game, every time a defender broke into the bf, Brady inc.

On his long balls, they drop double into the bf to block for him, same thing every year.. he has a great arm, quick release, but he has to be alone to get it done.

Every year I keep waiting for some DC to figure it out and just rush Brady..he is a glass doll.

Please stop with Tebow is a worse option..

Tebow took an NFL team that had a 1.8% chance of making the playoffs to said playoffs.

Let me know the next time you find a QB that does that. I would be interested in knowing who that was.

It would be fugly to start with but he gets it done..

Going into this game, I think roughly 90% of this site expected the Jets to get blown out. I know I thought the 10 point spread might be a little low.

But instead, Rex Ryan went into NE with Mark Sanchez at QB, his best players on IR, and forced OT.

And it's his fault they lost... ?

Coaching was the reason this game was close. Yeah, the Jets missed opportunities, but the vast number of opportunities they missed came down to execution, not play calls.

Sanchez played well for most of the game, and ****ed up royally on a couple plays. That's Sanchez, even when he's good he's bad. But calling for Rex's head for sticking with Sanchez? Who is/was he supposed to turn to? Clemens? Brunell? Tebow? McElroy? There's no one to turn to.

The problem with this team is personnel. Tannenbaum went all in the year before Rex arrived, bought a couple expensive FAs for Rex, and now most of those expensive players suck (and/or are on IR), and the roster's weak, and the cap is a mess.

If any heads roll after this year, I hope it's Tannenbaum's. And then I hope the new GM sees what he has in Rex and agrees to give him a shot. Rex needs to work for a strong football guy. Rex is a smart coach, but he needs a boss who keeps him focused. The right GM can overrule Rex on personnel decisions, and help to mold him into a better head coach. People want to bitch about him, but I really don't think there are a lot of better coaches than him out there right now. There are a ton of guys out there who could do worse, though.

Sorry if this already have been posted, but in my opinion we don´t afford to play it safe if we want to win these games. So when Sparano calls for the pass on 3-1 at their 2yard line or whatever it was, was the game for me. If we had a TD there (either by a direct run or by 4 new plays) we would have won the game.

At the moment it felt like we had them pinned down and I actually relaxed and thought about our great stats from the Colts game when we killed in every red zone play. So I was very surpriced that they went for the pass. And then more surprice as we didn´t try to convert on fourth.

**** it, I hate trying to win by playing safe. Even more when it doesn´t work.

I agree. Unfortunately, Sparano has failed as an OC thus far. His plays don't produce consistency. The first drive results in a TD with ground and pound. After that, he abandons it. The 3rd & 1 on the 2 yd line was an opportunity to gain, at least, a first down or score via running the ball. Calling a slant pass, especially after dominating the line, was blatanly stupid. Add to Sparano's poor efforts, Sanchez helped snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is his fourth year and he is regressing. While heplays well at times, he lacks the mentality needed at nhis position. As a result, he makes critical errors in judgment at the worst times. He's a lingering problem that will exist and hurt the team throuhout this year and 2013. His mind is not on football.

Going into this game, I think roughly 90% of this site expected the Jets to get blown out. I know I thought the 10 point spread might be a little low.

But instead, Rex Ryan went into NE with Mark Sanchez at QB, his best players on IR, and forced OT.

Coaching was the reason this game was close. Yeah, the Jets missed opportunities, but the vast number of opportunities they missed came down to execution, not play calls.

Sanchez played well for most of the game, and ****ed up royally on a couple plays. That's Sanchez, even when he's good he's bad. But calling for Rex's head for sticking with Sanchez? Who is/was he supposed to turn to? Clemens? Brunell? Tebow? McElroy? There's no one to turn to.

The problem with this team is personnel. Tannenbaum went all in the year before Rex arrived, bought a couple expensive FAs for Rex, and now most of those expensive players suck (and/or are on IR), and the roster's weak, and the cap is a mess.

If any heads roll after this year, I hope it's Tannenbaum's. And then I hope the new GM sees what he has in Rex and agrees to give him a shot. Rex needs to work for a strong football guy. Rex is a smart coach, but he needs a boss who keeps him focused. The right GM can overrule Rex on personnel decisions, and help to mold him into a better head coach. People want to bitch about him, but I really don't think there are a lot of better coaches than him out there right now. There are a ton of guys out there who could do worse, though.

Don't take this the wrong way but the 90% that you said expected us to get blown out have no clue about what happens during a divisional game in the NFL. And yesterdays game proves that point exactly.

Yesterday's play calling indicates a jeckle and hyde approach. And how disconnected our HC is to the offense. And to be brutally honest did the D make a stop when it counted the most? The coaching on this team is not very good. Thats a fact. And it makes our QB's play or lack thereof come front and center in a game like the one you just saw.

Amen!

Exact point I have been trying to get across here!

Don't take this the wrong way but the 90% that you said expected us to get blown out have no clue about what happens during a divisional game in the NFL. And yesterdays game proves that point exactly.

Yesterday's play calling indicates a jeckle and hyde approach. And how disconnected our HC is to the offense. And to be brutally honest did the D make a stop when it counted the most? The coaching on this team is not very good. Thats a fact. And it makes our QB's play or lack thereof come front and center in a game like the one you just saw.

That's an opinion.

The personnel on this team is not very good. That's a fact.

I hate the prevent bullsh*t on defense as much as anyone, and watching the Pats score a FG to tie it in regulation, and then another to win it in OT was painful to watch. But in both situations, the Jets had an opportunity to win the game after the Pats scored. Had the Jets been more aggressive on defense either time, and gave up a TD as a result, the game would've ended on that play. So while I hate the conservativity, I understand it.

That's an opinion.

The personnel on this team is not very good. That's a fact.

I hate the prevent bullsh*t on defense as much as anyone, and watching the Pats score a FG to tie it in regulation, and then another to win it in OT was painful to watch. But in both situations, the Jets had an opportunity to win the game after the Pats scored. Had the Jets been more aggressive on defense either time, and gave up a TD as a result, the game would've ended on that play. So while I hate the conservativity, I understand it.

You are being nice I get it...listen I don't want to have another HC change, but the man is responsible for the results. You can't expect to win a game against the Pats playing soft. We gave the game away last night thats not an opinion thats is a fact. Who is to blame? you me or Rex?

This garbage about the defense not making plays when it mattered is hilarious. Do plays somehow not matter in the first 3 quarters?

Do you know whats hilarious, throwing a slant when your running game and Oline is in control and your on the 2 yard line for a 3rd and 1......to me that's the funniest thing I have seen since, wait, the Texans game.

You are being nice I get it...listen I don't want to have another HC change, but the man is responsible for the results. You can't expect to win a game against the Pats playing soft. We gave the game away last night thats not an opinion thats is a fact. Who is to blame? you me or Rex?

D.) None of the above

The gameplan was solid, the execution wasn't. Coaching resulted in that game being lot closer than I expected it to be. The team came back from 10 points down in the fourth quarter to take the lead with Mark Sanchez at QB and Jeremy Kerley as his leading receiver.

Poor Poor Rex. Everyone else sucks. its not his fault.

This garbage about the defense not making plays when it mattered is hilarious. Do plays somehow not matter in the first 3 quarters?

Sure.

do they not matter in the 4th or overtime?

Simply put- the defense didnt get the job done to win the game. the offense didnt get the job done to win the game. special teams didnt get the job done to win the game. coaches didnt get the job done to win the game.

D.) None of the above

The gameplan was solid, the execution wasn't. Coaching resulted in that game being lot closer than I expected it to be. The team came back from 10 points down in the fourth quarter to take the lead with Mark Sanchez at QB and Jeremy Kerley as his leading receiver.

E.) REX and COACHING......did the game plan include going soft? Not going for a TD? And did the game plan include yet again a D NOT making a stop when we needed one to be made?

E.) REX and COACHING......did the game plan include going soft? Not going for a TD? And did the game plan include yet again a D NOT making a stop when we needed one to be made?

Whatever man. Swap QBs, and the Jets win by 20 points yesterday. And QB isn't the only problem on the Jets roster. Far from it.

Whatever man. Swap QBs, and the Jets win by 20 points yesterday. And QB isn't the only problem on the Jets roster. Far from it.

Slats, we are stuck with Sanchez now, but the reality is you can't go soft against elite teams when we have the elite team right there for defeat. This is what I am saying. We all know Sanchez plays jeckle and hyde....we all now this. But you can't rush 3 guys and allow Gronk to beat you. That is not acceptable. The way we lost yesterday is the same way we have lost many games to "elite" teams in the past 4 years now (and counting). When will our HC learn to "adjust" somethings. Come on man, we went into the prevent D...WTF?

Poor Poor Rex. Everyone else sucks. its not his fault.

Not quite everyone, but pretty close to everyone.

We gave up 19 points in regulation against the best offense in the league, in their stadium without our best player. The defense didn't cost us anything, it was as good as you'll get.

That's a pretty tough ****ing game. The one team that have beaten NE in Foxboro this season did exactly the same thing we did except Gostkowski shanked his FG against them, they don't lose their very often and I'd be shocked if they lose there again the rest of the season. People are too busy assigning blame to realise that would have been an incredible upset against one of the best teams in the conference if not the league. It's so easy for anyone to criticize one individual aspect of the performance and blame it all on them, because yes those one plays could have changed the game. Had we have been beaten soundly, I actually doubt there would have been so much over analysis onto whose fault it was. We played a very good all around game against a good all around team and came up just short. If Gostkowski misses that kick like he did vs Arizona, we're all sucking each others dicks right now.

We gave up 19 points in regulation against the best offense in the league, in their stadium without our best player. The defense didn't cost us anything, it was as good as you'll get.

That's a pretty tough ****ing game. The one team that have beaten NE in Foxboro this season did exactly the same thing we did except Gostkowski shanked his FG against them, they don't lose their very often and I'd be shocked if they lose there again the rest of the season. People are too busy assigning blame to realise that would have been an incredible upset against one of the best teams in the conference if not the league. It's so easy for anyone to criticize one individual aspect of the performance and blame it all on them, because yes those one plays could have changed the game. Had we have been beaten soundly, I actually doubt there would have been so much over analysis onto whose fault it was. We played a very good all around game against a good all around team and came up just short. If Gostkowski misses that kick like he did vs Arizona, we're all sucking each others dicks right now.

You are really overrating the Patriots.

Brady wasnt even good today. Jets cant defend screen passes. No pressure, Brady had all the time in the world to throw his 4 yard passes

who can get pressure on the qb when he is throwig 4 yrd passes? I didnt know that was possible.

This was a good game, we had the chance to win it before overtime. That is all you can ask, is to give your team a chance to win. Hill dropped the gimme at the end of the game and for some reason we let Gronk score 2 TDs in goal line situations. Should have had Cro or double teamed him. shoulda coulda woulda. Someone had to lose and it was us. the road team and 11 pt underdogs. loss made me sick but I had it as a loss before the year started so meh....

Slats, we are stuck with Sanchez now, but the reality is you can't go soft against elite teams when we have the elite team right there for defeat. This is what I am saying. We all know Sanchez plays jeckle and hyde....we all now this. But you can't rush 3 guys and allow Gronk to beat you. That is not acceptable. The way we lost yesterday is the same way we have lost many games to "elite" teams in the past 4 years now (and counting). When will our HC learn to "adjust" somethings. Come on man, we went into the prevent D...WTF?

And what would your complaint be if the Jets were aggressive, and Tom Brady beat them the way Eli Manning beat the Redskins in the early game?

I'm as frustrated as anyone with the prevent defense, but the fact is that the Jets were in position to win even after giving up a FG in OT. Which is a much better position than I expected the team to be in before the game started. Or in the third quarter, for that matter. It's ugly to watch, but it kept them in a game on the road against a superior team.

I agree. Unfortunately, Sparano has failed as an OC thus far. His plays don't produce consistency. The first drive results in a TD with ground and pound. After that, he abandons it. The 3rd & 1 on the 2 yd line was an opportunity to gain, at least, a first down or score via running the ball. Calling a slant pass, especially after dominating the line, was blatanly stupid. Add to Sparano's poor efforts, Sanchez helped snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is his fourth year and he is regressing. While heplays well at times, he lacks the mentality needed at nhis position. As a result, he makes critical errors in judgment at the worst times. He's a lingering problem that will exist and hurt the team throuhout this year and 2013. His mind is not on football.

Not a Sanchez fan either but to his defence, yesterdays result was mainly on that poor playcall and dropped passes. Even though Sanchez weak pass to Hill was no goodie..

And I want to say that yes, we have a lot of injuries and yes maybe many thought we would loose. But what the hell of a looser mentality is that to have going into a game?! We almost won and I can´t stop thinking that NE have a huge mental advantage over many teams. Last night they didn´t deserve it, they played like sh*t. They won on our mistakes. I´ll bet that NE will loose more games this year.

I had to write that because I see many post here about their long history with "same old Jets" and that we shouldn´t have such high expectations, wtf. Enough already, time to create a new history. A successful one!

:rl:

Ok.

:rl:

Give me a break. The defense didnt stop them and we lost because they didnt stop them. And enough about the best offense crap. Did they look like the best offense this week or last? No. They played like sh!t. Brady played like sh!t. Our defense was OK yesterday and failed when it mattered the most. They have to close that game out and they didnt.

Dude... come out of the clouds. The Pats are not good. They are a mediocre team that has better players than us.

What matters the most is we had a chance to win and f#cked it up. Offense. Defense. Special Teams and coaching. We f#cked ourselves out of a win yesterday. There is ZERO joy in losing. There is no moral victory we were close. We need 10 wins. We needed that game yesterday. And we didnt get it because the Offense Defense and SPecial Teams didnt get the job done. Stop making excuses. They f#cked up.

This was a good game, we had the chance to win it before overtime. That is all you can ask, is to give your team a chance to win. Hill dropped the gimme at the end of the game and for some reason we let Gronk score 2 TDs in goal line situations. Should have had Cro or double teamed him. shoulda coulda woulda. Someone had to lose and it was us. the road team and 11 pt underdogs. loss made me sick but I had it as a loss before the year started so meh....

We did have a chance to win and it makes me sick we let them off the hook. huge dogs or not, whether we expected the loss or not... we still lost a game we need and should have had. That hurts.

Archived