When do we start talking about the Dolphins ?

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm worried about the running game. I can't believe that Greene went back out there. He sure looked unconcious. I'm probably the only guy that's glad. Miami's run D has been solid, but Schotty gashed them for 150+ (and a characteristic 14 points) last week. Before that our 90+ was the most they'd allowed. Our blocking looks much improved. There should be plays to be made through the air. We left a bunch of the field last time, but we didn't have many bodies at WR. Keller being back is a huge help.

On D, I wonder about Bush. Is he all healed up? He hasn't played well since he got hurt and we seem to be dealing a little better with speed. Hopefully we can keep him controlled. I think our D will be fine which some of you won't think is enough. A little worried about them coming off the bye, but I'm worried when we're coming off the bye too.

Why exactly do you think the below .500 Jets should win this game easily?

This game goes one of three ways.....

1. The Jets, having barely beat Miami on the road, show they really might just be the weaker team and lose a close one at home, 21-20. Bush has a nice day.

2. The Jets show markedly improved play and beat the Dolphins comfortably at home, 24-10.

3. Sanchez blows and the Jets lose despite allowing less than 10 points to Miami, falling 9-6.

This game goes one of three ways.....

1. The Jets, having barely beat Miami on the road, show they really might just be the weaker team and lose a close one at home, 21-20. Bush has a nice day.

2. The Jets show markedly improved play and beat the Dolphins comfortably at home, 24-10.

3. Sanchez blows and the Jets lose despite allowing less than 10 points to Miami, falling 9-6.

There was one game that didn't go that way. Chicago in 2010.

Well your record says you aren't.

Not our record against you ;)

Win this game and we're 4-4 with a 3-1 record in our division heading into the bye. Before the season started everyone knew that the first half was going to be brutal and most felt with games against san fran, pitt, new england and houston it would leave us right round 4-4, give or take a game. If we're able to steal one out west (luckily we get a 4 oclock game, which actually isn't too bad for us east coast teams) and handle the Rams, we once again have the opportunity for the division with New England at home.

Win this Miami game and it's all still a possibility. I was as down on Sanchez as everyone else, but I actually like what I've seen the last two weeks with him and this receiving corp and I'm a blind optimist sometimes, but playoffs are a legit possibility and that's all I could really ask for with this team.

I think this. The game's at home and team has gotten better. The offense (whatever you think of Sanchez) has looked better each week since Holmes went down. Sanchez would have to be a complete disaster which he usually isn't. He's mediocre constantly, but he's not usually disgustingly bad. The defense seems to have put it together a bit too. Fins are better than they once were, but not THAT good.

This doesn't mean the Jets won't make it scary for awhile, falling behind 10-0 or whatever, but I think they put it together and win.

I'm worried about the running game. I can't believe that Greene went back out there. He sure looked unconcious. I'm probably the only guy that's glad. Miami's run D has been solid, but Schotty gashed them for 150+ (and a characteristic 14 points) last week. Before that our 90+ was the most they'd allowed. Our blocking looks much improved. There should be plays to be made through the air. We left a bunch of the field last time, but we didn't have many bodies at WR. Keller being back is a huge help.

On D, I wonder about Bush. Is he all healed up? He hasn't played well since he got hurt and we seem to be dealing a little better with speed. Hopefully we can keep him controlled. I think our D will be fine which some of you won't think is enough. A little worried about them coming off the bye, but I'm worried when we're coming off the bye too.

Davis showed some flashes last game and part of me thinks that Rex was just stroking Scott's ego when he said he couldn't be out there due to the toe and the rest of me thinks Rex just knows Demario is a better player against everything but goal line and some thumper RBs. *Davis and Coples played 90% of the defensive snaps yesterday and definitely looked solid. Still can't believe Cro dropped that gimme, but the secondary looked good as well. Props to Trufant.

If Sanchez can build on that second half that he played (16-20 200+ yards or something along those lines) and continues to mesh with the receiving corp, especially with keller back, I think we'll have a chance to win every game we play. I'm not saying we will or should win every game, I'm just saying that we should be in every game and have a good chance to win 7 of the 9.

I think one thing handicapping us is the health of our RB corps.

Greene was injured yesterday. McKnight was limping even though he played. And Grimmes only had 1 carry for 1 yard.

Davis showed some flashes last game and part of me thinks that Rex was just stroking Scott's ego when he said he couldn't be out there due to the toe and the rest of me thinks Rex just knows Demario is a better player against everything but goal line and some thumper RBs. *Davis and Coples played 90% of the defensive snaps yesterday and definitely looked solid. Still can't believe Cro dropped that gimme, but the secondary looked good as well. Props to Trufant.

If Sanchez can build on that second half that he played (16-20 200+ yards or something along those lines) and continues to mesh with the receiving corp, especially with keller back, I think we'll have a chance to win every game we play. I'm not saying we will or should win every game, I'm just saying that we should be in every game and have a good chance to win 7 of the 9.

Yeah. Davis looked fairly good except when he was manned up on Welker and when he overshot the kick return. I feel bad about what's going to happen with Scott because he is a guy that I think will be/is a great part time LB, but he makes too much and now probably has too much ego to accept that.

Greene was injured yesterday. McKnight was limping even though he played. And Grimmes only had 1 carry for 1 yard.

With all the injuries, why didn't they play Grimes more? McKnight was already hurt to being with, putting him back out there seemed like a very risky move and luckily it didn't blow up in their face.

With all the injuries, why didn't they play Grimes more? McKnight was already hurt to being with, putting him back out there seemed like a very risky move and luckily it didn't blow up in their face.

They must have done some evaluation in practice on how ready Grimes was and whether a gimpy McKnight was a better option. I was expecting to see a lot more of Grimes and I thought that was what was Rex's weekend surprise.

They must have done some evaluation in practice on how ready Grimes was and whether a gimpy McKnight was a better option. I was expecting to see a lot more of Grimes and I thought that was what was Rex's weekend surprise.

Same here. I'm just glad McKnight didn't walk out seriously injured. I understand a divisional game is a big deal, especially against the Pats, but I'd rather see McKnight more rested for the remainder of the year instead of aggravating his injury further.

I know yesterday's defeat stung. And the jury is still out whether Sanchez is a serviceable QB. And the refs are still awful.

But when do we start talking about the Dolphins. That's also a division matchup, at home and equally as important.

And what are our chances of winning this one ? Any ?

Discuss.

Tuesday. Monday is for beating Sunday to death. Tuesday is for the new week. Unless we play monday, then we carry monday into tuesday. And tuesday becomes wednesday. unless we play thursday then friday becomes a monday and monday becomes a wednesday and we take a 4 day weekend.

Greene came back and it was his head. He was asking back in before they took him to the lockers. He seemed like he was out cold, so I'm shocked they let him back. He should be good to go on Sunday. Hopefully McKnight didn't suffer any setback.

I think we overrate guys that we haven't seen. Backs that aren't ready can get a QB killed. I know we might be in favor of that, but it isn't helpful to the passing game. McKnight was running very well early and then went downhill a bit. Maybe it was because his leg was getting worse or maybe the change of pace wore out.

Tuesday. Monday is for beating Sunday to death. Tuesday is for the new week. Unless we play monday, then we carry monday into tuesday. And tuesday becomes wednesday. unless we play thursday then friday becomes a monday and monday becomes a wednesday and we take a 4 day weekend.

Oh that was so simple to follow.

And everybody STOP. We still can talk about the Dolphags!

But its not Tuesday. :-(

In some parts of the world it is.

Greene came back and it was his head. He was asking back in before they took him to the lockers. He seemed like he was out cold, so I'm shocked they let him back. He should be good to go on Sunday. Hopefully McKnight didn't suffer any setback.

I think we overrate guys that we haven't seen. Backs that aren't ready can get a QB killed. I know we might be in favor of that, but it isn't helpful to the passing game. McKnight was running very well early and then went downhill a bit. Maybe it was because his leg was getting worse or maybe the change of pace wore out.

Yeah was shocked he wanted to comeback. Thats what a contract year can make you do. McKnight is reportedly on crutches. So safe to say he would be a no go on Sunday.

That's true. Usually coaches would evaluate Grimmes readiness in practice.

Yeah. Davis looked fairly good except when he was manned up on Welker and when he overshot the kick return. I feel bad about what's going to happen with Scott because he is a guy that I think will be/is a great part time LB, but he makes too much and now probably has too much ego to accept that.

Asking any backer, besides possibly '07/'08 Patrick Willis, to guard welker and that's a rough deal. I think Davis is actually going to turn into a good player, he has some pretty solid instincts attacking the gaps. The jets came in with a great game-plan on defense and executed pretty well for the most part. I don't think Scott is going to want to take a pay cut, but if/when he's cut this off-season and no one else will pay him what he wants, I hope he realizes who invested in him the most and comes back as a situational backup; like yesterday on the goal line.

McKnight was on crutches today.

McKnight was on crutches, but they said he didn't suffer any setback, just the expected soreness with having a high-ankle sprain. Say what you will about this kid, but playing with that type of injury and to carry the pile like he did a few times took absolute balls. I'm sure the jets had zero plans on using him yesterday besides kickoff, but he manned up when he needed to. Hopefully we can get by without using him on anything besides kickoffs against miami and can give him the rest of the bye week to heal up. With the cold weather on the way and the second half the season, it's definitely the right time for the Oline to start exerting itself and green and mcknight showing some life. I can't help but drink the koolaide sometimes, but the offense seems like it's about to click.

In some parts of the world it is.

Yeah was shocked he wanted to comeback. Thats what a contract year can make you do. McKnight is reportedly on crutches. So safe to say he would be a no go on Sunday.

That's true. Usually coaches would evaluate Grimmes readiness in practice.

I doubt his contract status had anything to do with it. Say what you want about Greene, but he certainly isn't afraid to run into things. He seems like he'd try to run through a wall at top speed.

I doubt his contract status had anything to do with it. Say what you want about Greene, but he certainly isn't afraid to run into things. He seems like he'd try to run through a wall at top speed.

It does not help when Mark sets Greene up for a monster hit= combat pay on passes

Archived