Cimini: Trade Tebow by Next Week's Trade Deadline

BlackDynamite

http://espn.go.com/n...-deal-tim-tebow

Cimini is a stupid, ignorant hater, but someone may have given him a good idea, for a story anyway.

It's obvious that Ryan/Sparano don't really know what to do with Tebow, and he won't ever really get a chance to affect a game with Rex looking to avoid a QB controversy.

But Woody loves Tebow more than winning. And the Jets are tired of admitting they made (another) mistake.

Pretty sure they've made all the merchandising money they're gonna make off of him. The novelty has worn off, and it doesn't look like they're interested in making his star shine any brighter in the near future. He's a $2.1M decoy, and Rex does like the fact that "teams have to prepare for him" running the ball into the middle of the line for 3 yards.

I think teams are ready for 3 yard runs from NFL running backs. That's all I've seen him do. If they trade him, I won't be mad. The Jets have plenty of holes to fill next year. They need to decide if he's going to contribute now, or can his departure help them rebuild their team going forward, because this team will need PRODUCTIVE players starting next year.

This team is pretty light on actual talent, regardless of Rex's boasts earlier this season.....

BD

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont really see the point. Not sure who's going to trade for him and what you're going to get.

Besides, he's got value. 3 first down picks up on punt fakes, 2 in games the Jets won.

Maybe not worth the 2.1 mill they paying him, but it sure as hell gives the other team something to think about. The Patriots were in a standard defense with a guy deep last week and we got to him very quick for no gain off the punt.

I get that people are frustrated by not using him in that 3rd and 1, but Greene could have been used there too. It was just a stupid play call.

There is a great market for Tim.. it would be a great time to trade him.. He won't be doing anything Mark can't learn to do, or a

qualified RB can do, regardless of the hype.. The FO could do Sanchez and themselves a favor by trading straight up for Gabbert

Newton, Vick, or any number of washed up/all hype/ QBs in the league..

If they wait, they won't get the value that he offers now. Trade his ass to the Chiefs.. they seem desperate enough.

(Belichik has dreams of acquiring Tebow)

There is a great market for Tim.. it would be a great time to trade him.. He won't be doing anything Mark can't learn to do, or a

qualified RB can do, regardless of the hype.. The FO could do Sanchez and themselves a favor by trading straight up for Gabbert

Newton, Vick, or any number of washed up/all hype/ QBs in the league..

If they wait, they won't get the value that he offers now. Trade his ass to the Chiefs.. they seem desperate enough.

(Belichik has dreams of acquiring Tebow)

I'd listen to offers, especially from teams who might think Tebow upgrades their starting QB position, but I really don't think he has any more value than the fourth round pick the Jets gave up for him. And if that's the case, they're better off keeping him as the punt protector for the rest of this year and then looking to move him before next year's draft.

And I don't remember the Pats showing any interest in Tebow when he was available for trade last time. Why would Belichick want anyone to take snaps away from Brady? Makes no sense.

I'd listen to offers, especially from teams who might think Tebow upgrades their starting QB position, but I really don't think he has any more value than the fourth round pick the Jets gave up for him. And if that's the case, they're better off keeping him as the punt protector for the rest of this year and then looking to move him before next year's draft.

And I don't remember the Pats showing any interest in Tebow when he was available for trade last time. Why would Belichick want anyone to take snaps away from Brady? Makes no sense.

Brady isn't going to last forever.. BB was interested in Tebow before Tebow was out of college.. long before.

The Pats ran a modified version of the spread option and still do at times. He loves the 2010 class of UF, he has more of them than anyone.. Just because Tebow fell on the market per Peyton falling on the market doesn't mean "no one" was interested in him.

There is plenty of interest in Tebow as a starter.. all the fallacious bullsh*t otherwise is just that.

Start Tebow. Give Tebow the team and guarantee him the team like you've done with Sanchez. Give Tebow two full seasons at the helm and if he doesn't perform well, trade him.

Do it.

No QB gets a guarantee on team QB.. They can say all kinds of sh*t, but if he lays an egg, cya jack... even Aaron Rodgers ass is expendable.

Brady isn't going to last forever.. BB was interested in Tebow before Tebow was out of college.. long before.

The Pats ran a modified version of the spread option and still do at times. He loves the 2010 class of UF, he has more of them than anyone.. Just because Tebow fell on the market per Peyton falling on the market doesn't mean "no one" was interested in him.

There is plenty of interest in Tebow as a starter.. all the fallacious bullsh*t otherwise is just that.

Belichick isn't going to last forever, either. I suspect he and Brady will head out towards the sunset together. If Belichick were to stay, I can't imagine him going from the high powered offense he's enjoyed for the last decade to a Tebow run spread. I just can't.

Do you think the Jets can get more than a fourth rounder for him? Like I said, I'd listen to offers but that would be my rock bottom price.

How about use the guy right because he can be useful. Like 3rd and 1 on the 5 yard line.

All those cool runs Tebow made last year weren't insertion plays like that, and he can't do that.. no one in their right mind would expect it.

He has been known to take advantage of holes and defensive stupidity in situational play, but it is ignorant to think just because he can do that in a series, he can be inserted in another QBs series and get the same result.

He would probably get better red zone results at present than Sanchez is, but it would prove Sanchez has failings, and that ain't happening... You'd have to stick him in anytime the ball was past the 30...

Belichick isn't going to last forever, either. I suspect he and Brady will head out towards the sunset together. If Belichick were to stay, I can't imagine him going from the high powered offense he's enjoyed for the last decade to a Tebow run spread. I just can't.

Do you think the Jets can get more than a fourth rounder for him? Like I said, I'd listen to offers but that would be my rock bottom price.

I can imagine a forward thinking coach going with the same type of offense that several teams are running now.. not *run* spread.. spread option offense.. of course , you have to have some measure of belief that Tebow knew how to throw at one time, and perhaps he can recall it through some special means or something of that nature.

My main point is ( veering away from BB) is that Tebow's value isn't going up as time passes, and he has proven to quite a few pro level

owners and coaches (that aren't stupid) that he has some outstanding characteristics... if anyone ever needed to be figured out, its Tim Tebow..because no one has come along in quite a while that has a nose for the endzone like that kid does.

I don't buy into the bs about how bad he is, or for instance, why do the JETS keep sending the back up out there ? I don't see any other back ups except maybe the 49ers when they play us, being sent out to do anything.. LOL.. Rex reminds me of some guy that takes two girls to the movies and keeps them in separate theaters..

What are you talking about? There is literally zero evidence to support your statement. While I won't argue whether or not there is any interest at all in Tebow throughout the league, because there's absolutely no way for either of us to know that for sure, the truth is there's absolutely no basis for stating that there is "plenty of interest" in him, and certainly not as a starter.

What we do know, as a fact, is that the Jets offer of a 4th round pick was more than any other team in the NFL was willing to give up for Tebow, and they gave it for him to be their backup QB and a gimmick player. While it's obviously not certain, that would give a strong impression that there were no teams out there overly interested in the prospect of Tebow as a starter if they were not willing to surrender more than that, especially considering it was a price which was far less than any other of the high-profile QB trades seen in recent years throughout the NFL (e.g., Cutler, Cassel, Kolb). Considering you have absolutely no evidence that suggests anything to the contrary, it turns out that you're the one who's stating bullsh*t when you start trying to make these kinds of definitive statements about your fabrication of all of the supposed interest that exists in Tebow as a starter.

I can imagine a forward thinking coach going with the same type of offense that several teams are running now.. not *run* spread.. spread option offense.. of course , you have to have some measure of belief that Tebow knew how to throw at one time, and perhaps he can recall it through some special means or something of that nature.

My main point is ( veering away from BB) is that Tebow's value isn't going up as time passes, and he has proven to quite a few pro level

owners and coaches (that aren't stupid) that he has some outstanding characteristics... if anyone ever needed to be figured out, its Tim Tebow..because no one has come along in quite a while that has a nose for the endzone like that kid does.

I don't buy into the bs about how bad he is, or for instance, why do the JETS keep sending the back up out there ? I don't see any other back ups except maybe the 49ers when they play us, being sent out to do anything.. LOL.. Rex reminds me of some guy that takes two girls to the movies and keeps them in separate theaters..

This is all well and good, but you never answered my question.

Do you think the Jets could get more for him than a fourth round pick before the trading deadline?

If the answer is "yes," they should take it. If the answer is "no," then they should continue to use him on specials and try to move him in the offseason.

Starting to get a little disenchanted with Sparanos decision-making. Wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt with all the injuries but what is Tebow here for? It seems to me they throw him a bone once a quarter so they don't have to answer the questions of why he's not playing. Give the guy a series... let him throw a pass. The one time they did he launched a perfect bomb that was dropped.

Either don't play him at all or give him a real chance to contribute. It's almost embarassing to see him trot out there for 1 play, run into the line for 3 yards, then trot off.

Starting to get a little disenchanted with Sparanos decision-making. Wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt with all the injuries but what is Tebow here for? It seems to me they throw him a bone once a quarter so they don't have to answer the questions of why he's not playing. Give the guy a series... let him throw a pass. The one time they did he launched a perfect bomb that was dropped.

Either don't play him at all or give him a real chance to contribute. It's almost embarassing to see him trot out there for 1 play, run into the line for 3 yards, then trot off.

i agree with one thing. have th eguy throw a ****ing pass. whats the point in jus thaving him run? have him throw some passes and make the defense actually guess

What are you talking about? There is literally zero evidence to support your statement. While I won't argue whether or not there is any interest at all in Tebow throughout the league, because there's absolutely no way for either of us to know that for sure, the truth is there's absolutely no basis for stating that there is "plenty of interest" in him, and certainly not as a starter.

What we do know, as a fact, is that the Jets offer of a 4th round pick was more than any other team in the NFL was willing to give up for Tebow, and they gave it for him to be their backup QB and a gimmick player. While it's obviously not certain, that would give a strong impression that there were no teams out there overly interested in the prospect of Tebow as a starter if they were not willing to surrender more than that, especially considering it was a price which was far less than any other of the high-profile QB trades seen in recent years throughout the NFL (e.g., Cutler, Cassel, Kolb). Considering you have absolutely no evidence that suggests anything to the contrary, it turns out that you're the one who's stating bullsh*t when you start trying to make these kinds of definitive statements about your fabrication of all of the supposed interest that exists in Tebow as a starter.

Sure there is..

He made the top 100 list last year, for instance.. and you yourself would have to clear away all that Tebow hate clutter you have

to be able to see his value, or to even speak about it without all that *clutter*. Same thing with any evaluation..

As for the bold part, you yourself fabricate things it seems..

Just because you have an inclination to believe a certain thing doesn't make it real.

That trade happened fast, you and I both know that teams have long term plans, most don't like to deviate from them especially on the cusp of the season, or the cusp of the draft.. Besides that.. if you apply the same logic, Why weren't more team interested in Peyton by Gawd Manning ? Seems like just a few were ready to jerk their boy for Peyton.. Alex Smiths ass, and Mark Sanchez's ass were on the line if I recall..

When a QB becomes available, just because every team doesn't kick their QB to the curb for him doesn't mean he has no value.

Unless its Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow or Alex Smith, vs. Peyton Manning..(and whoever else was interested that we didn't find out about)

Speaking of value..(and since you want to ream someone like me today ) I wonder who has more value right now, Mark Sanchez, or Tim Tebow ?

This is all well and good, but you never answered my question.

Do you think the Jets could get more for him than a fourth round pick before the trading deadline?

If the answer is "yes," they should take it. If the answer is "no," then they should continue to use him on specials and try to move him in the offseason.

I have no idea.. maybe , maybe not.. I personally think there are a few teams that would be interested..

Tebow is the next Cordell Stewart/Vince Young as far as I'm concerned. 4 years from now, he'll be out of the league, running for office, or whatever. He doesn't seem very bright, and someone will convince him to become a Senator. And sadly, he would probably win, for no particular reason other than he's Tim Tebow.....

But onto a larger subject, I do take one thing very positive away from the Pats game.

The Jets aren't afraid of "The Past". They showed them that they can go to Foxboro and will, and the Past have to play their best, whatever that is at this point, to beat the Jets. That's important.

This is the first game that the Jets have played competitively against the Texans and Patriots, the two teams that are most favored to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC. They showed that they can play with these teams.

If the Jets get in the Playoffs, the Texans and The Past don't want to play the Jets.....

BD

Archived