Sanchez's stats with and without Holmes.

Jetfan13

exactly what the hell are you reading ?

I'm reading one guy (Dom) point out the flaws that in exist in trying to predetermine a plan for the upcoming draft and then see another guy (you) celebrating this position, thinking that it somehow support his stance, which featured the supposed need to have a predetermined draft plan for the next two years.

Obviously it depends on the circumstances and who's available, but you certainly don't walk into the next draft saying you aren't going to address the position, as was suggested in the post I was replying to. As for this past year, perhaps instead of pissing away a draft pick on a proven failure at the position as the only other option aside of a guy who finished last year by playing the worst football of his career, they could have at least looked to possibly address the position in the draft.

If they find someone they like in the draft, they can always make a move for him if they really wanted, and if they can't find a single QB they like (which would bring up a whole other set of questions), that's one thing, but going in advance and saying they're absolutely not taking a QB regardless of who's available would be the single dumbest thing any team could ever possibly do. Thus, the reason why the idea that Jets should wait until 2014 before even looking for a QB is absolute foolishness, which was the point I was directly responding to. Interesting that you didn't take such issue with that point, considering that it was not only indicating that the QB position be drafted in a single specific year of 2014, but in addition to that, also suggested intentionally predetermining not to address it prior to that.

If the Jets find a QB they really like, they should go after him, period.

But this notion many Jets fans have that anyone is going to be an improvement is idiotic.

Sanchez sucks, but so do many other starting QBs.

If there are 7-10 QB's drafted per year, that would mean in the last 10 years somewhere around 75-100 QB's have been drafted, and there are maybe 10 good QB's in the league today.

Drafting a QB for the sake of drafting one would be really foolish, considering how many holes are on this team.

If they really love one, totally different story, but they have to love one, and be able to make the move to get him, that is not going to be easy.

Nothing like a minuscule number of games to make some sort of definitive conclusion. Hey I remember a few games into the 2010 season people using a few games as some sort of evidence that Sanchez had gotten so much better. Then of course life caught up to him. If you suck, you can't hide it for very long. Hey I can gamble and win a ton on a few hands or rolls of the dice. In the end, the house always wins.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived