Sanchez Does NOT Suck

Jet27

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life would have been so much easier as a Giants fan. My entire family are Giants fans. I would so punch 10 year old me in the face right now.

I've had similar thoughts...starting to appreciate my MIL view on New York sports...fan of all NY area teams...no need to hate... enthusiastically support the team with a compelling story line that you come to appreciate...versus blindly following a team since before you had pubic hair...

And so it's come to this. Quoting Nietzsche to justify the notion that Sanchez doesn't suck. Because when all else fails empirically, defer to Wikiquote.

Yeah but your only 1/3 correct with Nietzsche...who are the other two?

No they weren't. The sack exchange may have been a better unit, but the 98 team was better overall.

Do you honestly believe, Vinny would have withstood the pass rush? and Martin would have run the way he did on those units? Not a chance.

whether we support him and root for him wont change the fact he sucks.

And if he needs us to support him and root for him then he shouldnt be QB1 in NY

After sunday's game I have to admit I can no longer support this guy.....

I figured I would start this with these words of wisdom when I or you assess Mark Sanchez and/or his ability:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and while the surest way to corrupt a youth (and in this case Sanchez) is to instruct him to hold in a higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently, while in the end and as for me all I know is that I know nothing.

I thought I would provide the above as food for thought for those who want to continuily bash our QB, founded or unfounded.

Let's try and stand by our QB since he is our QB and show our support and root for him to suceed to reach for higher play.

This sunday, lets root for Mark to Win!

Dude, you can root for a sucky QB without lying to yourself. Sanchez sucks. The only team he doesn't suck against seems to be the Bills.

I figured I would start this with these words of wisdom when I or you assess Mark Sanchez and/or his ability:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and while the surest way to corrupt a youth (and in this case Sanchez) is to instruct him to hold in a higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently, while in the end and as for me all I know is that I know nothing.

I thought I would provide the above as food for thought for those who want to continuily bash our QB, founded or unfounded.

Let's try and stand by our QB since he is our QB and show our support and root for him to suceed to reach for higher play.

This sunday, lets root for Mark to Win!

He sucks, the sooner you realize this and move on the better.

Sanchez sucks.

Forget about no peripheral vision for pressure or carelessness with football, his number 1 problem is his inaccurancy. His high throws are 100% his fault. Hes either too stupid or too inattentive to fix it. Even if Clyeless Cavanaugh is failing to coach him on it, Sanchez should by now know how to deal with it.

Sanchez sucks.

Forget about no peripheral vision for pressure or carelessness with football, his number 1 problem is his inaccurancy. His high throws are 100% his fault. Hes either too stupid or too inattentive to fix it. Even if Clyeless Cavanaugh is failing to coach him on it, Sanchez should by now know how to deal with it.

Which is pretty baffling, considering he was rated as having the absolute best mechanics coming out of USC. The kid was basically groomed as a QB with a private QB coach since he was a fetus; it was a well-established fact that he had the best footwork of any QB in a while and his throwing mechanics were impeccable. When he has time to plant his feet and throw, his balls seem to be on the money and quite catchable, it's when he is getting pressured that he either forgets or just doesn't keep those mechanics and things go out of whack. That's the thing that pisses me off the most about him, he has all the talent in the world, it's just apparently between the ears he's lacking....and maybe below the belt.

I am an optimist...up to a certain point but that has run its course....

Mark Sanchez is going to have a career like Kerry collins or Trent dilfer. Or best case Phil Simms who didn't win until his was 30 or Rich Gannon who was basically tossed aside until gruden found him. A game manager who -can- win but not a franchise golden boy savior who carries the team.

He is a former high first rounder who will get a half dozen more chances after the Jets give up on him. In a league where the QB talent pool is shallow.

He's still immature, and he is getting better (despite the stats). I don't buy that the Mark Sanchez we see now in year 4 is the best he's gonna be. Whether he does his winning in NY is a whole 'nother story.

Mark Sanchez is going to have a career like Kerry collins or Trent dilfer. Or best case Phil Simms who didn't win until his was 30 or Rich Gannon who was basically tossed aside until gruden found him. A game manager who -can- win but not a franchise golden boy savior who carries the team.

He is a former high first rounder who will get a half dozen more chances after the Jets give up on him. In a league where the QB talent pool is shallow.

He's still immature, and he is getting better (despite the stats). I don't buy that the Mark Sanchez we see now in year 4 is the best he's gonna be. Whether he does his winning in NY is a whole 'nother story.

I have said the guy is serviceable with the proper coaching but I think that train has left the station now. And I do agree with your assessment. Our team is in a mess.

Which is pretty baffling, considering he was rated as having the absolute best mechanics coming out of USC. The kid was basically groomed as a QB with a private QB coach since he was a fetus; it was a well-established fact that he had the best footwork of any QB in a while and his throwing mechanics were impeccable. When he has time to plant his feet and throw, his balls seem to be on the money and quite catchable, it's when he is getting pressured that he either forgets or just doesn't keep those mechanics and things go out of whack. That's the thing that pisses me off the most about him, he has all the talent in the world, it's just apparently between the ears he's lacking....and maybe below the belt.

This is a common "missing link" among almost all the college QB prospects taken in the first or second round who fail in the NFL ... they simply "don't get it".

This is a common "missing link" among almost all the college QB prospects taken in the first or second round who fail in the NFL ... they simply "don't get it".

It's also easy to look great in college when you have All-Americans at the other 10 positions around you. If you don't ever face adversity as a QB through your college career there's no way to tell what will happen when you get to the pros.

bwahaahahahahaha

Mark Sanchez is going to have a career like Kerry collins or Trent dilfer. Or best case Phil Simms who didn't win until his was 30 or Rich Gannon who was basically tossed aside until gruden found him. A game manager who -can- win but not a franchise golden boy savior who carries the team. He is a former high first rounder who will get a half dozen more chances after the Jets give up on him. In a league where the QB talent pool is shallow. He's still immature, and he is getting better (despite the stats). I don't buy that the Mark Sanchez we see now in year 4 is the best he's gonna be. Whether he does his winning in NY is a whole 'nother story.

bwahahahahaha

Sanchez is much more likely to have a career like David Carr or Joey Harrington: he'll bump around the league for a while as a backup simply because he was a high first round draft pick and has starting experience.

Sanchez has NOT improved significantly since about the middle of his second season. He's making the same mistakes now that he made then: failing to make defensive reads, locking onto receivers, not processing what he's seeing on the field, holding the ball too long, throwing behind receivers, etc. It doesn't matter if you look at how he plays games or at his stats, there's NO general improvement in his game. Even the excuse the Jets have failed to give him enough help this year is bogus when you look at 2010 and 2011 when he had significantly better protection, better running games, and better receivers but still wasn't significantly better. The only thing that better talent got the Jets was the ability to win despite Sanchez NOT because of him.

bwahaahahahahaha

It may have been hyperbolic, but the kid is definitely physically gifted; it's not physical limitations that will prevent him from being good in this league. It's the fact that he's an absolute mental-midget. This too could be said for the majority of first round picks, so it's not that bold of a statement. Either way, I want jarvis jones and if this f*cktard sucks enough to ruin our season, but not enough to land us jones, I'll dislike him even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Note to Sanchez,

Here you go...here is your chance. You played well against the Rams. Buts thats the Rams.

Here is your chance Mark. Prove all the haters wrong this Thanksgiving.

Prove every single hater out there that you are a winner.

Prove everyone wrong on Thursday. Prove that our playoff run for 2012 starts this Thanksgiving night.

Good luck Mark and make it happen.

Go Jets!

Note to Sanchez,

Here you go...here is your chance. You played well against the Rams. Buts thats the Rams.

Here is your chance Mark. Prove all the haters wrong this Thanksgiving.

Prove every single hater out there that you are a winner.

Prove everyone wrong on Thursday. Prove that our playoff run for 2012 starts this Thanksgiving night.

Good luck Mark and make it happen.

Go Jets!

Didnt he have this chance when the Jets were 3-3 going into Foxborough?

Archived