Blockbuster trade: James Harden to the Rockets.

BroadwayJoe12

The writing on the wall was pretty clear once Harden turned down the offered extension, due to his demands for a max contract. After the way he played in last year's playoffs, I'm surprised the Rockets are going to give it to him, but then again this is the team that's paying almost 40 million to Lin and Asik. This will definitely help houston take some pressure off Lin, as it's painfully clear he's not someone you mold a team around.

The Rockets have traded James Harden and three other players to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, rookie Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick.

The Rockets will also receive Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward as part of the blockbuster, which was clearly precipitated by Harden's demand for a max contract -- and OKC's reluctance to give it to him. Harden is expected to get his max extension in Houston, where he slots into the starting SG spot and gives them a dynamic option to complement (and take pressure off) Jeremy Lin. per rotoworld.com

And BTW how much sh*t does OKC get to just ****ing luck in to? Lamb, Martin, AND two first rounders? Seriously? Both of those might wind up being lottery picks.

Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka are all locked up right?? So does this mean that they get the bird rights for Martin and Lamb because they were traded? If so, add those two guys to their already big three, in addition to the draft picks and this team is going to be dominant for even longer than I originally thought.

Awful move for Houston. A max deal for Harden after that disastrous Finals? Between that and the Asik/Lin deals...come on. In 2 years they'll have almost $45 million in cap room dedicated to Asik/Lin/Harden. Jesus.

I hear it's because they didn't want their announcers having to confuse the names Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Lamb

The Rockets might be the worst run organization in all of sports. The moves they made and money they have or will commit to non-superstar level players is pretty crazy. I dont know how anybody could be this high on Harden after the Finals last year. He totally melted under the spotlight. The guy couldnt even hit a layup. I guess Houston just wanted nothing to do with anything that they were going to use in their Howard deal that for whatever reason Orlando kept turning down.

The Rockets might be the worst run organization in all of sports. The moves they made and money they have or will commit to non-superstar level players is pretty crazy. I dont know how anybody could be this high on Harden after the Finals last year. He totally melted under the spotlight. The guy couldnt even hit a layup. I guess Houston just wanted nothing to do with anything that they were going to use in their Howard deal that for whatever reason Orlando kept turning down.

I get why Houston did it. If they want to be relevant in the West, much less Texas, they need to roll the dice with players like Lin and Harden.

Awful move for Houston. A max deal for Harden after that disastrous Finals? Between that and the Asik/Lin deals...come on. In 2 years they'll have almost $45 million in cap room dedicated to Asik/Lin/Harden. Jesus.

Completely agree. Harden is Gilbert Arenas without the crazy. Absolutely not worth max deal Houston will have to sign him. And, like you noted, the cap implications in 2 yrs is disastrous.

Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka are all locked up right?? So does this mean that they get the bird rights for Martin and Lamb because they were traded? If so, add those two guys to their already big three, in addition to the draft picks and this team is going to be dominant for even longer than I originally thought.

Yeah, they get the Bird rights too.

The twitter talking heads are questioning hard OKC's move, but it was a good move long & short term. Harden couldn't take the spotlight.

I know it can't last, but Harden and Lin absolutely tore it up last night. Betcha scotty brooks is going to love watching harden dominate the league like this and Lin is going to flourish not having to be the man and getting to play off the ball more

the sad part is OKC should care less. So the rockets now have a guy scoring 40 a game on a sh*tty team. OKC doesnt need scorers they need defensive players in the worst possible way. Also they now have 2 great rookies and picks to build around. But cole aldrich i cant believe they let him go </3

Archived