The Official JN Tim Tebow Thread [Merged 3X]

Knix Tix

When we mixed it up with the QBs against the Bills we confused them. Had ‘em on their heels all day! Granted it was “the Bills” but at the time it seemed like the start of something good that we could work on and perfect. It was hard to defend!!! All of a sudden…nothing. [confused]

So, what was all the cloak and dagger crap during pre-season about using Tebow 10-20 times in a game? Rex said opponents would have to prepare for it. Maybe that’s one of the problems…they’re preparing for it! Where is the Wildcat? Who are we hiding it from…ourselves? Was it all just BS?

Or, could these incentives be a factor???

name=]

"Every year Tebow has a number of incentives that he can unlock in his contract:

• If he passes for over a certain number of yards and finishes in the top 5 in any passing category he earns a $1 million dollar escalator the following season.
  • If Tebow plays in 70% of the Jets offensive plays and in 70% of the offensive snaps in a playoff win he earns an additional $250,000 for each win.
  • If Tebow is named NFL MVP or Super Bowl MVP he will earn an escalator of $375,000
  • If Tebow is voted into the Pro Bowl he earns a $200,000 escalator.

So the total extra amount he can earn each year is $2,575,000.”

http://www.nyjetscap...bowcontract.php

Hmmmm...

I don't know what Tebow's Jet salary is this season, but I'm guessing he's only played in about 50 plays so far? Somebody please do the math to find out how much he's earning per play for the Jets.

During this Bye week, somebody needs to go bye-bye!

Here we have Tim Tebow, a two time national champion...first ever sophomore to win the heisman...two time college player of the year winner...and arguably the greatest college player of all time sitting on the bench. TT was in the game for ONE damn snap. ONE. The starting QB is not getting it done and the Jets are LOSING. TT took a 1-4 team to the playoffs last year after they inserted him as the starter. WHAT THE F IS THE HOLD UP? WHAT IS THIS FAT, OBSCENE, TOE LICKING POS HEAD COACH DOING? DOES HE HAVE A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH SANCHEZ? HOW IN THE F IS THIS HAPPENING? TT IS WASTING AWAY ON THE BENCH WHEN HE COULD BE LEADING THE TEAM TO VICTORIES.

I DESPISE THIS WHOLE DEBACLE. TIMMY DOES NOT DESERVE THIS BS. DENVER TOOK A CHANCE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. WTF CAN'T THIS ORGANIZATION SEE? TT IS A WINNER. TT NEEDS TO IMPROVE BUT THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN ON THE FIELD. TT IS A TRUE LEADER, A GREAT RUNNER OF THE FOOTBALL AND YES, HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST DEEP PASSING GAMES IN THE NFL ALREADY.

GIVE HIM THE EFFIN BALL.

GOD BLESS.

Tebow sucks as an NFL QB what he did in college is meaningless and you're mental.

God Is Made Up

if you had a backup QB who did what tebow did last year but without the story and background youd be begging for him to come in now. Dont let a name make you hate a guy. I know us jets fans like to hate on everything and are cynical (for good reason) and im guilty of this too but its like sometimes we dont even want them to do well.

Here we have Tim Tebow, a two time national champion...first ever sophomore to win the heisman...two time college player of the year winner...and arguably the greatest college player of all time sitting on the bench. TT was in the game for ONE damn snap. ONE. The starting QB is not getting it done and the Jets are LOSING. TT took a 1-4 team to the playoffs last year after they inserted him as the starter. WHAT THE F IS THE HOLD UP? WHAT IS THIS FAT, OBSCENE, TOE LICKING POS HEAD COACH DOING? DOES HE HAVE A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH SANCHEZ? HOW IN THE F IS THIS HAPPENING? TT IS WASTING AWAY ON THE BENCH WHEN HE COULD BE LEADING THE TEAM TO VICTORIES.

I DESPISE THIS WHOLE DEBACLE. TIMMY DOES NOT DESERVE THIS BS. DENVER TOOK A CHANCE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. WTF CAN'T THIS ORGANIZATION SEE? TT IS A WINNER. TT NEEDS TO IMPROVE BUT THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN ON THE FIELD. TT IS A TRUE LEADER, A GREAT RUNNER OF THE FOOTBALL AND YES, HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST DEEP PASSING GAMES IN THE NFL ALREADY.

GIVE HIM THE EFFIN BALL.

GOD BLESS.

Besides having one of the best deep passing games in the NFL, you're 100% correct on all counts. Tebow does not deserve to be a circus sideshow and I personally feel that it's an insult to more than just the NFL by using him this way after he kicked butt last season. As a proud Christian that truly looks up to and admires Tebow and his life story, there's no way that he shouldn't be starting somewhere. The Jets need to play the kid or cut him...end of story.

GIVE HIM THE EFFIN BALL.

GOD BLESS.

:rl:

Tebow sucks and should be appreciative just to be in the league with actual football players. If he was toilet paper, he'd be one ply. If he were bread, he'd be rye. If he were in war, he'd be a useless Canadian. If he were food, he'd be a veggie burger.

And Sanchez are what exactly? Do something, either one of the backups should get a chance to turn it around. One did it a year ago and that must be the biggest reason for him too get that chance. I have read all this about TT not being a real QB and that may bee true, but guess what, he wins games. Find a true QB when the time comes but start winning after the BYE.

Tebow sucks and should be appreciative just to be in the league with actual football players. If he was toilet paper, he'd be one ply. If he were bread, he'd be rye. If he were in war, he'd be a useless Canadian. If he were food, he'd be a veggie burger.

Come on man. Turkey on Onion Rye bread is the sh*t.

GIVE HIM THE EFFIN BALL.

GOD BLESS.

This is what the incompetent fools in the jets FO brought on all of us.

But Sanchez sucks too. Who believes that Mark Sanchez is a pro QB? And as far as throwing goes, Mark is also inaccurate. Sure he is a better thrower than Tebow, but he is not a good passer. Everyone seems pretty much agreed on that. Tebow will not be sacked as much as Sanchez. He will not fumble the ball as much as Sanchez. And because he will tuck and run more, he may not even throw as many INTs as Sanchez. I said MAY. Plus, he will turn more negative plays into positives in one game than Mark would in a season. As for reading defenses and picking up secondary receivers, I have one word: Hahahahahahaha. I am not saying we will win more. This team has many issues. I am just saying that as far as performance on the whole? Hey, Tebow went to the playoffs last year. Mark did not. Neither had a good team. If I thought that playing Tebow would hurt Mark's development, I would never do it. But Mark has no prospects for development.

Is NOT whether or not he will have better results than Sanchez, I think he would.

The question is where can you realistically go with Tebow as your QB.

This is a passing league, and Tebow is a below average passer.

He has proven he can make the playoffs, but he will never win the SB, the NFL as it is set up today is not conducive to Tebow time, it's just not.

Look at what NE did to him in the playoffs last year.

Elway realized this, and wanted nothing more than to end Tebow time, he got lucky because he was able to land Manning which nobody could question, but make no mistake, Manning or no manning, Elway knew he needed to get away from Tebow.

Tebow may even lead us to an 8-8 or 9-7 season this year, but I don't want it. I know with 100% conviction that Tebow is not the guy to lead this franchise to a SB, and if he takes this team to 9-7 or even 8-8, he WILL be the QB next year, and we will ignore getting a true QB to take us to the promise land.

If this franchise turns on Sanchez, it has to be to Mcelroy, not Tebow!

If you think Tebow is the answer at QB then under that thought process, my semen is actually skin moisturizer.

Tebow is just as worthless as the guy in front of him. Neither have the tools to be a NFL QB. Sanchez is mental and mechanics. Tebow is all mechanics and talent, or lack thereof. Why do you think Elway was in such a hurry to get rid of him. The fact we traded for him must still be a point of laughter in the Broncos front office.

Tebow is worthless and is nothing more than a distraction.

Archived