You guys are missing the point a little...

gangreenman

Look, we all know that Sanchez is mediocre at best. Nobody here in their right minds would claim otherwise.

What is not getting mentioned is how Sparano is doing an awful job putting Sanchez in positions where he can look good, and instead putting him in situations where it is more likely he will falter. Seriously. With a mediocre at best QB, how can you constantly be putting him in 3rd and long situations because you ran Tebow/Greene/Powell/Hilliard into a stacked line on 1st and 2nd for a combined 2 or 3 yards? Isn't it much more likely for an offense with a below-avg QB to succeed if you let him throw the ball on 1st down, and leave him with 2nd/3rd and short? Instead, we put him in a 3rd and 9 when it has to be pass...The defense is blitzing, and they are in a tight man as opposed to a soft zone. Of course its going to be 3 and out a majority of the time.

Then we go down in the game, because the d gets worn out and the offense can't convert... And we put Sanchez in a position where he has to throw on every down because we are down big with time running out. Now a below avg QB has to throw over 50 passes and complete nearly all of them in order for the team to even have a chance.

And you know the funny thing? He did that against the Pats for the later half of the 3rd and into the 4th.... The result? 10 unanswered points and a tie game...And we get a fumble recover on their 18!! What does Sparano do? run Hilliard into the line for 1, Tebow for 2, and put Sanchez in a PLAY ACTION on 3rd and 7??? Seriously???

This is not a post excusing Sanchez, he has been extremely inconsistent the entire season and deserves a lot of criticism for some really stupid mistakes that he has made...But isn't it the coaches job to put his team in positions where, even if they can't take advantage of their strengths, their weaknesses aren't exposed? This guy seriously is awful. I am thoroughly embarrassed to have ever supported the move to hire him. Disgrace!

Doesn't matter who calls the plays, or what the plays are. Sanchez misses throws. Always under throws, over throws, hangs onto the ball ten seconds too long, doesn't secure the ball, and throws to defensive linemen. All that is on him. No one else.

When you have a QB that does that from time to time -- play calling is EVEN MORE important!! You have to at least put that QB in a position where he is given manageable situations, and he doesn't have to beat a defense that knows what is coming. No?

When you have a QB that does that from time to time -- play calling is EVEN MORE important!! You have to at least put that QB in a position where he is given manageable situations, and he doesn't have to beat a defense that knows what is coming. No?

When a receiver is wide open and you don't get it to him.. its your own fault. When all your receivers are covered but your check down is wide open with no one within 20 yards of him.. yet you throw to double coverage... its your own fault. Doesn't matter who is calling the plays, MANY of the errors happening (not all of them) are square on Sanchez's shoulders. There is nothing that any OC can do to eliminate the majority of these issues. Sure, some of it would be alleviated, but at the end of the day the problem still remains. And that problem's name, Mark Sanchez.

Sporano is about the only coach who I think should stay. He adjusted well at half time by running outside more and away from the Dolphins strength up the middle. No matter who is open and no matter how open they are Sanchez can not hit them. I can't believe he wasnt yanked in the 2nd quarter of this game. Unforgivable.

• Thumb Down 1

When a receiver is wide open and you don't get it to him.. its your own fault. When all your receivers are covered but your check down is wide open with no one within 20 yards of him.. yet you throw to double coverage... its your own fault. Doesn't matter who is calling the plays, MANY of the errors happening (not all of them) are square on Sanchez's shoulders. There is nothing that any OC can do to eliminate the majority of these issues. Sure, some of it would be alleviated, but at the end of the day the problem still remains. And that problem's name, Mark Sanchez.

I think you are over-stating Sanchez's ineptitude. No question there are 2 or 3 bad decisions a game on his part, and no question there are another 2 or 3 bad throws per game. Lets not act like the guy is incapable of completing a pass though. Even in today's game.... Sanchez threw for most of his 1st downs on...you guessed it...1st down!! Problem is, we only threw on 1st down like once the entire 1st quarter and a half!!! No mediocre QB is going to have much success when he is only allowed to throw on 3rd and long... Regardless of the errors that Sanchez makes...It is just bad coaching.

Sporano is about the only coach who I think should stay. He adjusted well at half time by running outside more and away from the Dolphins strength up the middle. No matter who is open and no matter how open they are Sanchez can not hit them. I can't believe he wasnt yanked in the 2nd quarter of this game. Unforgivable.

I will shoot myself if Sparano is here next year. Dude is a downgrade from Schotty. And i HATED Schotty.

• Upvote 1

I will shoot myself if Sparano is here next year. Dude is a downgrade from Schotty. And i HATED Schotty.

No one gets a fair shot at that position while Sanchez is still here. Greene is another problem. Most fullbacks in this league take that one run to the house. Not Shonn Green though. This is a horrible unit to coach. Besides Kerley, no one is very good or reliable.

I think you are over-stating Sanchez's ineptitude. No question there are 2 or 3 bad decisions a game on his part, and no question there are another 2 or 3 bad throws per game. Lets not act like the guy is incapable of completing a pass though. Even in today's game.... Sanchez threw for most of his 1st downs on...you guessed it...1st down!! Problem is, we only threw on 1st down like once the entire 1st quarter and a half!!! No mediocre QB is going to have much success when he is only allowed to throw on 3rd and long... Regardless of the errors that Sanchez makes...It is just bad coaching.

You're understating it. Mark didn't put together two throws in a row until the game was basically over. And even then, I am not sure if he did throw two good balls in a row.

You say 2 or 3 bad decisions, and 2 or 3 bad throws. You understate it, but even if you were right.. that is an awful lot of mistakes. And his usually end in fumbles, INTs, or punts cause he couldn't hit a wide open receiver.

Both QB's on the field at the same time is a complete joke and his clock management has been HORRENDOUS. End of the 3rd and we're down by 4 scores, and the guy is running the ball with Sanchez taking his sweet ass time getting up to the line. This lasted well into the 4th. And sorry to bring up that debacle against New England but the clock management in that game was pathetic as well. The one plus he has on Schott is that he's willing to just say **** it and throw the ball downfield a few times per game, but other than that he's been just as bad with some of these dunce moves in the way the game is managed.

lol. So who is the OC you want? And if we get him, he makes Mark a QB that is better than the 48% or so completion percentage having, blitz fearing turd who THROWS THE BALL TO DEFENSIVE LINEMEN REGULARLY?

You're understating it. Mark didn't put together two throws in a row until the game was basically over. And even then, I am not sure if he did throw two good balls in a row.

You say 2 or 3 bad decisions, and 2 or 3 bad throws. You understate it, but even if you were right.. that is an awful lot of mistakes. And his usually end in fumbles, INTs, or punts cause he couldn't hit a wide open receiver.

I am not claiming that Sanchez is good.... He isn't. I am claiming that Sparano putting him in these situations is making him look even worse than he is!!

No one gets a fair shot at that position while Sanchez is still here.

Exactly. If we were any other team in the league we would have seen what Tebow AND McElroy had to offer. Its scary to think that Rex again said today that Mark is the QB. He is unwilling to make a move out of fear of not being Mark's friend.

No one gets a fair shot at that position while Sanchez is still here. Greene is another problem. Most fullbacks in this league take that one run to the house. Not Shonn Green though. This is a horrible unit to coach. Besides Kerley, no one is very good or reliable.

Sparano has been a failure as a HC and OC on many levels before. Don't you live in S. Florida? He was an abomination of an offensive coach there...and we brought him in, and idiots like me actually believed he'd magically be good with us. When you have below average talent, you need a good coach. Instead we hired a sh*t coach to go along with our sh*t talent. Not a good combo.

I am not claiming that Sanchez is good.... He isn't. I am claiming that Sparano putting him in these situations is making him look even worse than he is!!

A turd is a turd. Just because you throw some confetti on it, its not fooling anyone. So joking aside, are you saying that if we had the greatest OC on Earth, that Sanchez would be more than a fraction better than he is showing to be all through his professional career?

Dude, that was a laughable performance. WR's were open. I dont know if he hit one WR in stride all day. His WR's looked like they had no idea where the ball was going to end up. It was despicable The WR's were open too. It's one thing to see Holmes shake his head and not know where the pass was going to end up. Its another thing to see every single WR do it through the course of the game.

Edited by RSJ

lol. So who is the OC you want? And if we get him, he makes Mark a QB that is better than the 48% or so completion percentage having, blitz fearing turd who THROWS THE BALL TO DEFENSIVE LINEMEN REGULARLY?

I don't know. It is not my job to evaluate the talent of offensive coaches around the league, and I do not have enough free time to do so... What I do know is that when you have a QB that is constantly making bad throws and bad decisions, you don't put him in situations where the whole world knows he has to throw, its really that simple.

I don't know. It is not my job to evaluate the talent of offensive coaches around the league, and I do not have enough free time to do so... What I do know is that when you have a QB that is constantly making bad throws and bad decisions, you don't put him in situations where the whole world knows he has to throw, its really that simple.

What? You went from saying its Sparano's fault to saying you don't know.

A turd is a turd. Just because you throw some confetti on it, its not fooling anyone. So joking aside, are you saying that if we had the greatest OC on Earth, that Sanchez would be more than a fraction better than he is showing to be all through his professional career?

If we had the best QB in the world, yes, Sanchez would look better. Why? Because he would be throwing more on first down...We would be running less out of tight formations and would probably see some surprises along the way that keeps the defense on its heels. On the flip side, if we had the best QB in the world, that would also make Sparano look good. The fact is, we have a below avg QB and offense that is being even further limited by a terrible coach. Not a good combination.

Rex needs to come out and name another QB the starter before it's too late. We need to see how good the rest of our players really are and our coordinator if nothing else. Its a bye week and It's time, make the change Rex.

We are 3-4, and still in the playoff hunt... Rex will continue to go with what he thinks will give his team the best chance to win.

We are 3-5, and this team is not going to the playoffs with Sanchez at QB.

I liked 3-4 a lot better. Can we just not count one of those losses?

I don't think we are going to the playoffs regardless of who is our QB. But I do think Sanchez gives us a slightly better chance to get there than either Mccelroy or Tebow.

I liked 3-4 a lot better. Can we just not count one of those losses?

I don't think we are going to the playoffs regardless of who is our QB. But I do think Sanchez gives us a slightly better chance to get there than either Mccelroy or Tebow.

You might be right - but we will never know until we see. We have already seen what Sanchez is.

1) Our QB doesnt do it from time to time. Its most of the time.

2) Ya know what is EVEN MORE important that anything else!!!??! Finding a top QB. Can't win without one.

To late (middle of the night) too read all your posts but some good point have been made. Conclusion after all but the first game of this year is this;

We have a piss poor QB, too inconsistent, scared little bitch, cry baby who I personally whould like to kick in the ass. Go to your Eva in cali will you.

We have a OC that i can´t figure out. He had some very nice plays in his sleave against Bills but since then been so extremely one dimensional. Everyone, EVERYONE knows what plays he have in store now. WTF happened?

We have a HC who is starting too send some warning flags. He is/should be fired soon if he doesn´t get this team turned around. Must bench Marky Mark and let Tebow get his chance too either rise as our starting QB or to loose it him as well.

WJ should let Rex stay the remains of the year and next fire or put him on the DC position. He knows nada about offence and haven´t been able to turn the ship around. And for crist sake get a new QB coach.

On the bright side. Some youngsters are really playing well. Kerley, Greene the last games, Trufant, Davis and so on have been very good.