An Embarassing Debacle, Now What?

Ken Schroy

I haven't seen play like this since Rich Kotex. If Rex doens't get his sh*t together and get this team playing, he will be fired. It's losses like this that get you fired. Don't get m wrong it's not just THIS loss. These games lead to a serious downward spiral. We have all seen it before. The Tebow experiment has been a complete and utter failure. Sporano, another failure. Can you fire your OC after only 1 season? I guess you can. As for Sanchez, well he may have worn his welome too. I just don't know, what the plan would be after this year. I guess alot will depend on what happens the rest of the year. I only see them winning maybe 2 games the rest of the year. What a huge dissapointment. Maybe these fools will all learn to keep there mouths shut if you can't back it up, and that includes Rex.

I haven't seen play like this since Rich Kotex. If Rex doens't get his sh*t together and get this team playing, he will be fired. It's losses like this that get you fired. Don't get m wrong it's not just THIS loss. These games lead to a serious downward spiral. We have all seen it before. The Tebow experiment has been a complete and utter failure. Sporano, another failure. Can you fire your OC after only 1 season? I guess you can. As for Sanchez, well he may have worn his welome too. I just don't know, what the plan would be after this year. I guess alot will depend on what happens the rest of the year. I only see them winning maybe 2 games the rest of the year. What a huge dissapointment. Maybe these fools will all learn to keep there mouths shut if you can't back it up, and that includes Rex.

Well, we sure as $hit wouldn't want that to happen.

2 of the past 4 home games have been the most embarrassing ****ing things ever. **** this team. No heart at all. And honestly? Anyone who pays to go to these games should be livid. At the end of the day we're all nothing more than customers and the product they've been putting out on the field is completely unacceptable. Tannenbaum's 7th year on the job and this is the dogsh*t he throws out there.

I like Rex a lot and I think he's been good for the franchise . That being said, you can't rebuild with Rex. When the rebuild happens it will be with a new regime.

So basically Rex is trying to prove that he can win with this team and specifically Sanchez. For the rest of the season the Jets continue to roll out the same players with the same gameplan. After the season Rex will blame injuries for the debacle and may or may not get another season, most likely with the same QB, same game plan, same results.

Personally, I think it's time to see what Tebow can do. Give him 8 games to prove he can play, if he can't do it then it's time for the rebuild. I'd be ok with Rex, Gruden, or Andy Reid as long as Sanchez is gone.

Well, maybe Rex is bullsh*tting us along with the rest of the league. Who knows, he might just throw Tebow out their against Seattle and surprise the entire league. Or, he'll do the same as he's been doing and our team well sink with Sanchize.

When a coach hitches his wagon to a sinking ship like Sanchez he deserves to sink with him.

at this point i hate to say it but i dont give a **** what you do to get us wins. Play who you gotta play, cut who you gotta cut. I think Rex is a great coach but hes gotta put his foot down and open his eyes. Sporano was a bad choice, the Tebow deal is proving to be a flop as well. As fans all we can do is just sit back strap in and prepare for a really rocky end to this season. I dont really see us going anywhere unless some teams have so major breakdowns but the pats and the fins remaining schedule plays into their favor. Ours idk,..

Same thing as Larz. I felt numb as the deficit climbed to 20-0. This team needs to be blown up. This team has no leader. A leaderless ship will sink to the bottom of the ocean. For our sakes...we need a "Suck for Luck" campaign. We cannot go on with Sanchez....he needs to be shipped off. I am sad to say the following but Rex needs to go with Tannenbaum. The team needs to be blown up. Sanchez, Rex and Tanny have to go. I liked Rex, I wanted him to succeed but I see that he lives in his own reality. The post game conference was a thing of sadness. He was still complimenting that sack of mierda Sanchez. Its over. I am numb now....time to reboot the operation. A New GM and New coaches. Lets get this thing fixed before we let more years go by with the same excrement.

I feel bad to see how so many have turned on Rex. Rex was never a great coach but he isnt an awful coach. I think he can bounce back from this. His problem is that he is learning how hard it is to be a players coach. The whole "my team is great" bit not only has his team playing like garbage but has turned the fanbase against him because you cant expect a fan to believe these guys are playing well or have any talent. Even the most casual fan can see the QB simply cant play but Rex goes out and says he is great. If Rex gets tougher on these guys he can rebound, but the Jets need some philosophical changes at an organizational level.

I feel bad to see how so many have turned on Rex. Rex was never a great coach but he isnt an awful coach. I think he can bounce back from this. His problem is that he is learning how hard it is to be a players coach. The whole "my team is great" bit not only has his team playing like garbage but has turned the fanbase against him because you cant expect a fan to believe these guys are playing well or have any talent. Even the most casual fan can see the QB simply cant play but Rex goes out and says he is great. If Rex gets tougher on these guys he can rebound, but the Jets need some philosophical changes at an organizational level.

The thing we need to ask is if Rex is that big of an asset on defense to keep him around as a HC. Im not sure either way.

The thing we need to ask is if Rex is that big of an asset on defense to keep him around as a HC. Im not sure either way.

I think so. Defenses come and go. The Jets have trended down for a few years now and failed to really improve the talent level to compensate. JMO, but he has done exceptionally well with garbage talent. You look at the starters the Jets have on defense and ask who would start elsewhere? His prime guys are DeVito, Coples, Wilkerson, Pouha, Scott, Harris, Pace, Landry, Bell, Cromartie, and Wilson. Wllkerson, Harris, Cromartie, and Landry would start on most teams. Nobody else would. They have played well enough the last few weeks and probably better than expected in 2010 and 2011. The problem is everyone expects 2009 and that is a rarity. If the Jets get some talent on defense in the front 7 they can be more consistent. The bigger issue is that Rex has no clue what to do on offense and that is not changing at all.

I think so. Defenses come and go. The Jets have trended down for a few years now and failed to really improve the talent level to compensate. JMO, but he has done exceptionally well with garbage talent. You look at the starters the Jets have on defense and ask who would start elsewhere? His prime guys are DeVito, Coples, Wilkerson, Pouha, Scott, Harris, Pace, Landry, Bell, Cromartie, and Wilson. Wllkerson, Harris, Cromartie, and Landry would start on most teams. Nobody else would. They have played well enough the last few weeks and probably better than expected in 2010 and 2011. The problem is everyone expects 2009 and that is a rarity. If the Jets get some talent on defense in the front 7 they can be more consistent. The bigger issue is that Rex has no clue what to do on offense and that is not changing at all.

Yeah. Definitely. Problem is Rex has drafted defense and those guys havent been very good save Wilkerson.

The problem is; Who asked to draft those guys? Rex wanted them.

The problem is; Who asked to draft those guys? Rex wanted them.

Thats an organizational problem. The Jets need a football guy in the room not a cheerleader. Its pretty clear Rex falls in love with good and totally overlooks the bad. I think its also clear than Mangini, for better or worse, was the driving force behind those early drafts. Maybe the Jets need him back as a consultant. No matter what they need a new voice because the draft voices they have have led to 4 years of nothing.

Think RYan is a good guy. But the player's coach thing works only for as long as the players perform. And the bigger problem is he is out of his depth about the offense. Dallas got down 3 scores today,got ahead and almost pulled it out at the end despite being down 3+ scores. And they pulled it out by hitting the gas-hurry up,scramble, break your ass. It's no great secret, but it seems based on the 3rd quarter today Rex Ryan and Sprarano didn't trust Sanchez and the offense enough to just let them try that.Or worse, they didn't think it could be done. And as to Tebow-at this point why not?Running him between the tackles once today is really stupid. Look, the Broncos had success with this guy by running options wide and getting him one on one vs. LBs and Dbs moving side to side. Running him right at 300 lb. DL guys makes no sense.

How is it Cro goes out on the very first drive and gets a dumb 15-yarder? Did anyone on the staff tell them to froget the nonsense and play the game isntead fo getting baited? A good coach does that. The stuff in the papers before this game was so idiotic Pop Warner players would laugh at it.

Archived