College QB's you'd be interested in for the Jets

Matt39

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the correct way to go from a football standpoint.

But that will not sell PSL's. I betcha Woody is telling Tanny and Rex to fix this and fix this quick. If they felt the backup QB would be a better option he would be in by now. But moving forward no way Sanchez unless he can miraculously play better is the starting QB next season. So unless we land a Drew Brees by some miracle there is no way the JETS are going to next year's draft without scouting all potential QB's and having a plan to acquire the one they like in the first round. My fear is we win a few meaningless games at the end of the season drop down enough in the first round and than waste precious picks to move up the first round. Sound familiar.

It's unfortunate that the right way and the jets way is often not the same thing. I'm of the camp that if you feel someone is a legit franchise signal caller, you do what you can to get him, because winning without one is damned near impossible, as we've shown. If he's not it, then you don't trade the farm for him; you do what a good team does, fix our Oline, get a legit passrush and then try to acquire a quarterback via the later rounds or whatever. We shall see.

Playing the game

Strong chin and a square jaw

Muscles

Piercing eyes

Well above average height

Preferably white and over 40 though exceptions can be made

Needs a Football Man's ability to spot a starting QB from a mile away, look him straight in the eye, shake his hand in a firm and short manner, and close the deal

Sounds like a perfect description of Matt Millen

Dark horse QB prospect ... Ryan Nassib from Syracuse.

Not as tall as I'd like, 6'2" but 230 pounds and lots of guts... 18TDs, 7 ints, 65% completion rate and has carried that offense on his back all year long.

Probably be able to get him later in the draft.

A player for the Jets to look into.

I watch him every week, and if you think Sanchez sucks, Nassib is a lot worse.

Yeah Johnson hates winning. Favre, Sanchez, and even Tebow were about the money to be gained by being frustratingly mediocre.

Ahh i forgot...an owner always knows that what sells off the field will always succeed on the field. Wonder why football teams have GM's. The owner should always do the decision making. Like Jerry Jones does!

The Tebow move does not make any football sense. Period.

Ahh i forgot...an owner always knows that what sells off the field will always succeed on the field. Wonder why football teams have GM's. The owner should always do the decision making. Like Jerry Jones does!

the jets jumped the shark when they traded for tebow.

This. They've been hard to take seriously since then. It would have taken a playoff winning type season to prove to me otherwise.

At this point I don't see how they don't give him a shot. They've gone this far, Sanchez sucks, time to start throwing lifelines.

That's the correct way to go from a football standpoint.

But that will not sell PSL's. I betcha Woody is telling Tanny and Rex to fix this and fix this quick. If they felt the backup QB would be a better option he would be in by now. But moving forward no way Sanchez unless he can miraculously play better is the starting QB next season. So unless we land a Drew Brees by some miracle there is no way the JETS are going to next year's draft without scouting all potential QB's and having a plan to acquire the one they like in the first round. My fear is we win a few meaningless games at the end of the season drop down enough in the first round and than waste precious picks to move up the first round. Sound familiar.

Brees was almost left for dead.. his start were it replicated in NY, would be fitting.. a mediocre first season, then replaced by the guy he was supposed to replace.. Besides, it turns out that not all of Denver's problems were QB centered, just because they finally pulled out of a downward spiral doesn't mean Peyton has led anyone to the promised land yet.

If Peyton stays healthy, they might be the sh*t next year.

Brees was almost left for dead.. his start were it replicated in NY, would be fitting.. a mediocre first season, then replaced by the guy he was supposed to replace.. Besides, it turns out that not all of Denver's problems were QB centered, just because they finally pulled out of a downward spiral doesn't mean Peyton has led anyone to the promised land yet.

If Peyton stays healthy, they might be the sh*t next year.

Yes, he had his issues. But your argument would suit well if you were defending Sanchez on that basis.

I stay in this town but i do not propose to have minute detailed knowledge on all goings Broncos. So apart from QB do tell what Broncos issues were ?

This. They've been hard to take seriously since then. It would have taken a playoff winning type season to prove to me otherwise.

At this point I don't see how they don't give him a shot. They've gone this far, Sanchez sucks, time to start throwing lifelines.

They really messed up. last year they messed up their WR corps. This year it was the media, attention garnering, fake backup QB!

Yes, he had his issues. But your argument would suit well if you were defending Sanchez on that basis.

I stay in this town but i do not propose to have minute detailed knowledge on all goings Broncos. So apart from QB do tell what Broncos issues were ?

All I am saying is Peyton was supposed to complete the Broncos.. and they were 3-3 until their last game, and that is with Manning throwing to guys he brought with him... So the Donks had more that just a QB problem...

This business of "we need a QB but there's nobody out there so let's draft a second or third rounder" doesn't cut it.

A few years ago I checked the 16 top ranked QB's that year, and 8 were first rounders, two were second rounders and the remainder were lower rounders and UDFA's. There were as many UDFA's starting that year in the top 16 as there were second rounders.

Brees, Esiason and Favre are exceptions, true, but all three were widely regarded as going in the first round before the draft who somehow slipped down. The players being discussed here all seem to be regarded as second or third rounders pre-draft.

Do we want to repeat Miami's experience with Chad Henne? "We can get this guy second round-hey, he looks pretty good in training camp let's make him the future".

If the guy isn't good enough to go first round, he's not good enough to be the man you draft to build your offense around.

All I am saying is Peyton was supposed to complete the Broncos.. and they were 3-3 until their last game, and that is with Manning throwing to guys he brought with him... So the Donks had more that just a QB problem...

Peyton is still not throwing darts out there. We will see. If he lasts the entire season they might be dangerous.

We need a College QB...

Geno Smith

Barkley from USc

The K-State QB?

The Texas Tech qb?

Gimme some names of who you think Jets should take in the draft. Its clear that the Jets will stick with Sanchez next year and then start a new QB. Who ever we choose will be the starter in 2014. Between this year and next, we will see a lot of bad games...

2012 - 6-10

2013 - 7-9

2014 - New QB and Sanchize can go back to male modeling and being a spokesgal for In and Out burger.

Meh, insisting it doesnt make it true. A ten year old could figure out why he would be useful beyond ZOMGZ PRESS CLIPPINGZ AND PSLZZZ.

IF the Jets want to replace Sanchez and

This business of "we need a QB but there's nobody out there so let's draft a second or third rounder" doesn't cut it.

A few years ago I checked the 16 top ranked QB's that year, and 8 were first rounders, two were second rounders and the remainder were lower rounders and UDFA's. There were as many UDFA's starting that year in the top 16 as there were second rounders.

Brees, Esiason and Favre are exceptions, true, but all three were widely regarded as going in the first round before the draft who somehow slipped down. The players being discussed here all seem to be regarded as second or third rounders pre-draft.

Do we want to repeat Miami's experience with Chad Henne? "We can get this guy second round-hey, he looks pretty good in training camp let's make him the future".

If the guy isn't good enough to go first round, he's not good enough to be the man you draft to build your offense around.

I don't agree with your premise. This is EXACTLY the time when drafting a non-first round QB could be useful. A guy that has talent and upside and can sit for a year or part of the year while you finalize your dealings with Sanchez and/or Tebow. This whole board wants a new starter yesterday, but that isn't going to happen. IF they get a developmental prospect and actually developed them it might work. With Sanchez they got a talented kid that needed experience and work and threw him out to start without even letting him loose to make mistakes. Classic way to ruin a young QB. I see how they might have had limited options, but it's not the optimal way to end up with a QB1. They don't need a QB to build their team around. They need a QB that doesn't suck. Period.

We need a College QB...

Geno Smith

Barkley from USc

The K-State QB?

The Texas Tech qb?

Gimme some names of who you think Jets should take in the draft. Its clear that the Jets will stick with Sanchez next year and then start a new QB. Who ever we choose will be the starter in 2014. Between this year and next, we will see a lot of bad games...

K States QB is more in the Tebow mold.

Alabamas QB hasnt thrown a INT this season.

The KC Chiefs will be in the market for a QB this draft too and will likely have the 1st pick the way theyre playing.

Pioli might be fired before the draft too.

Egoli should be canned, why would Hunts extend him after he made original sin by tradin for mama cass mon

Speaking of Klein and McCarrons, Bama might play KSU for the Championship.

Snyder is a hell of a HC, but I dont think he could pull off beating Saban.

My Bama has a tough rd ahead LSU in death valley a tough place and then A&M vs Johhny football and then Sec championship game vs Ga in Atlanta

Long way to go

Honest question: did afosomf always talk like Hermes Conrad? I'm worried that he had a stroke or something.

Bender - We are going to fight to legalize it right here!

Hermes -Yeh mon, Ya got to legalize it!

Amy - You know we are talking about robosexual marriage, right

Hermes - We are talking about lot's of stuff

My concern about Glennon is that after Sanchez, I hate drafting someone without at least 3 years of starting experience at the college level (preferably 4). The NFL is not the right place to learn how to play QB.

No to Glennon, i have watched him play numerous times, no thank you.

Archived