Rex Ryan to take a 'hard look' at Tim Tebow's usage

Jetfan13

Jets coach Rex Ryan in a conference call to reporters said that Mark Sanchez will be the starter moving forward, however, the coaching staff will look into a bigger, or different role for Tim Tebow, Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

"Offensively the problems aren't one man, if it were one man that's easy to do," Ryan said.

Ryan said that when Sanchez had the time to set his feet, he was "fairly accurate" with the football and also mentioned Stephen Hill's drop in the corner of the end zone. "I think Mark's our guy, there's no doubt about that," Ryan said.

He added: "I think Mark gives us the best chance to win, and that's how I feel. Can Tim be successful? Yeah, absolutely and we need to look at that as well."

"I definitely think that's a fair statement," Ryan said. "I think we'll take a hard look at how we're using him[Tebow], is there other things we can do with him? I think you're absolutely right we'll be doing that."

It's not so easy to fix if that one man is the QB. Scheme and surrounding talent will never make Sanchez capable of leading this offense. Period.

Teams change QB's. it happens. You think the Jets are the only team in the history of the NFL to have an awful qb playing for them?

Exacerbating the problem is inadequate talent being funneled to inadequate coaches who cannot adjust their ways of thinking. Bunch of one trick ponies we have.

Teams change QB's. it happens. You think the Jets are the only team in the history of the NFL to have an awful qb playing for them?

Exacerbating the problem is inadequate talent being funneled to inadequate coaches who cannot adjust their ways of thinking. Bunch of one trick ponies we have.

I'm talking about Rex suggesting that if it were one man, he could fix the problem THIS YEAR, which is incorrect. The QB of the rest of 2012 and 2013 is not on our roster yet.

And that is the fault of the talent acquirer.

Not that I want this staff nurturing that position at all.

Agreed. And I don't want Tannenbaum, Bradway, or anyone in our current scouting department making the decision on who our QB of the future is.

By the end of this season it'll be time to clean house. Keep Rex on board until the new GM decides what to do.

anyone see tebow after the game? He looked like he just got dumped or something looked so sad. He probably really wants to play.

He is a professional football player, and he like the rest of the world sees that the guy in front of him on the depth chart is complete trash as a football player. Of course he wants to play over that.

He is a professional football player, and he like the rest of the world sees that the guy in front of him on the depth chart is complete trash as a football player. Of course he wants to play over that.

lol yea i know but usually he is just so up beat and team first guy. I think your right he is like wtf is this guy in front of me doing

I wanna know where we turn after the tenth straight punt tebow leads them to? Then what? Thank you Tannebum for taking a team that was right there and turning it into this. Your big move this offseason was downgraded backup QB and guaranteeinng Sanchez starts. Nice job u moron.

News flash to fans: Mark Brunell would have already been inserted. Hanson would have been inserted. Tebow not starting has nothing to do with Sanchez being good and everything to do with Tebow sucking. This guy took a sh*tty QB, extended his contract, stripped down the offense to practice squad talent and brought in the only QB on the planet who is worse.

Before calling for a new QB you better becalling for his head or it will never change.

And BTW you have to point to Rex or endorsing this crap. He's a defensive guru?? Hehas burnt his last three good draft picks on DL and still can not get near the QB. lol

Look at out drafts:

Ellis, coples, Wilkerson, Sanchez, Wilson, Stephen Hill a few of those were traded up for! lol If it wasnt for Revis we would be batting zero! Never in my life (as a Jet fan no less) have I seen anything like this! Sorry we could "Suck for whoever" it won't mean sh*t if this guy is involved.

LOSE this tub of sh*t. Give Gruden anything he wants (if not look at Billick or Cowher rather not have Reid..but no more first year experiments) , maybe they keep Rex as a Linebackers coach or something. I would say DC but I'd really like to see a sack here and there. Then maybe we have a shot. I know that's a wish, but.....

Sanchez sucking has 99% to do with the team who drafted him. He has regressed in lock step with the rest of the team. Anyone we Suck for will wilt the same exact way. It's too bad we dont even have anyone to prove that fact. We'll have to learn the hard way.

Pathetic top to bottom

I wanna know where we turn after the tenth straight punt tebow leads them to? Then what? Thank you Tannebum for taking a team that was right there and turning it into this. Your big move this offseason was downgraded backup QB and guaranteeinng Sanchez starts. Nice job u moron.

News flash to fans: Mark Brunell would have already been inserted. Hanson would have been inserted. Tebow not starting has nothing to do with Sanchez being good and everything to do with Tebow sucking. This guy took a sh*tty QB, extended his contract, stripped down the offense to practice squad talent and brought in the only QB on the planet who is worse.

Before calling for a new QB you better becalling for his head or it will never change.

And BTW you have to point to Rex or endorsing this crap. He's a defensive guru?? Hehas burnt his last three good draft picks on DL and still can not get near the QB. lol

Look at out drafts:

Ellis, coples, Wilkerson, Sanchez, Wilson, Stephen Hill a few of those were traded up for! lol If it wasnt for Revis we would be batting zero! Never in my life (as a Jet fan no less) have I seen anything like this! Sorry we could "Suck for whoever" it won't mean sh*t if this guy is involved.

LOSE this tub of sh*t. Give Gruden anything he wants (if not look at Billick or Cowher rather not have Reid..but no more first year experiments) , maybe they keep Rex as a Linebackers coach or something. I would say DC but I'd really like to see a sack here and there. Then maybe we have a shot. I know that's a wish, but.....

Sanchez sucking has 99% to do with the team who drafted him. He has regressed in lock step with the rest of the team. Anyone we Suck for will wilt the same exact way. It's too bad we dont even have anyone to prove that fact. We'll have to learn the hard way.

Pathetic top to bottom

i agree with one thing here. i think we should get a guy like gruden in here. and give him control. is parcells still doing reclamation projects?

Look at out drafts:

Pathetic top to bottom

Well, well - aren't we Mr. Optimism?

The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.

[a man puts a body on the cart]

Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.

The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: What?

Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.

Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.

The Dead Collector: He isn't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.

Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.

The Dead Collector: I can't take him.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.

The Dead Collector: I can't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?

The Dead Collector: Thursday.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.

Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.

[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]

Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.

The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

The good thing about this ridiculous exercise of futility and loyalty is that we will rid ourselves of Sanchez, Tanny and Rex at the same time. We won't get into another situation where we fire the coach but keep half his staff, and hamstring the new coach with the same problematic centerpiece as we've seen this franchise do in the past.

I expect this bitch to be gutted to the bone, and completely rebuilt.

I still can't believe Rex called this his most talented roster yet. This is possibly the least talented roster in the league and EASILY one of the most undisciplined and poorly coached teams I've ever seen.

The good thing about this ridiculous exercise of futility and loyalty is that we will rid ourselves of Sanchez, Tanny and Rex at the same time. We won't get into another situation where we fire the coach but keep half his staff, and hamstring the new coach with the same problematic centerpiece as we've seen this franchise do in the past.

I still can't believe Rex called this his most talented roster yet. This is possibly the least talented roster in the league and EASILY one of the most undisciplined and poorly coached teams I've ever seen.

Hope this will be the case. It will take Woody eating a bunch of money, as both Ryan and Tannenbaum are under contract through 2014.

Neither can be trusted to pick talent, nor groom talent. It has to be done.

:)

Want to see a completely lost Head Coach ? Watch what happens when we play Seattle and get steamrolled. I can see Sanchez completeing about 30% of his passes in that game.

Oh, it's going to be a Pick-A-Thon. Seattle's defense, and secondary in particular, is gooood.

yeah... no.

Woody isn't going to eat 15-20 million or whatever to get rid of Sanchez and Rex before 2014. despite the horror of a 3-5 record Rex and Sanchez have yet to finish under .500 and have been to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

The only way anything gets "gutted to the bone" is if they lose the next 8 in a row.

Now Tanny on the other hand could be a goner. Handing out ridiculous contracts to Holmes, Harris, and extending Sanchez before he proved himself this year cannot be overlooked.

Found this tonight:

Sources tell Action News the Jaguars are making a play to bring Tim Tebow to Jacksonville

Contributor.jpg

Reported by: Steve Wrigley

Email: swrigley@ActionNewsJax.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow could soon be a part of our home team. Sources tell Action Sports, the Jaguars are making a play to trade for Tebow before the trade deadline this Thursday.

The deadline was supposed to be today. It was pushed back a couple days because of Superstorm Sandy, which hit New York hard. It just so happens, that's where Tebow plays now for the Jets.

Action Sports is working to confirm the possibility that Tebow could be headed home. We've called Jags owner Shad Khan, who said publicly that he would've drafted Tebow. Action Sports also put a call into Jags General Manager Gene Smith, who made a play for Tebow in the offseason.

We will stay on top of this and bring you any updates online and in our morning news beginning at 4:30am on FOX 30 and at 5am on CBS 47. For instant gratification, sign up for our mobile app and get breaking news alerts to your smartphone.

http://www.actionnew...XYFyVI1ZAw.cspx

Found this tonight:

Sources tell Action News the Jaguars are making a play to bring Tim Tebow to Jacksonville

Contributor.jpg

Reported by: Steve Wrigley

Email: swrigley@ActionNewsJax.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow could soon be a part of our home team. Sources tell Action Sports, the Jaguars are making a play to trade for Tebow before the trade deadline this Thursday.

The deadline was supposed to be today. It was pushed back a couple days because of Superstorm Sandy, which hit New York hard. It just so happens, that's where Tebow plays now for the Jets.

Action Sports is working to confirm the possibility that Tebow could be headed home. We've called Jags owner Shad Khan, who said publicly that he would've drafted Tebow. Action Sports also put a call into Jags General Manager Gene Smith, who made a play for Tebow in the offseason.

We will stay on top of this and bring you any updates online and in our morning news beginning at 4:30am on FOX 30 and at 5am on CBS 47. For instant gratification, sign up for our mobile app and get breaking news alerts to your smartphone.

http://www.actionnew...XYFyVI1ZAw.cspx

hell no Ryan wont let that happen.. The JETs play Jax, and he couldn't let TT run all over the JETS after a trade and all the Wheres Tebow jazz

yeah... no.

Woody isn't going to eat 15-20 million or whatever to get rid of Sanchez and Rex before 2014. despite the horror of a 3-5 record Rex and Sanchez have yet to finish under .500 and have been to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

The only way anything gets "gutted to the bone" is if they lose the next 8 in a row.

Now Tanny on the other hand could be a goner. Handing out ridiculous contracts to Holmes, Harris, and extending Sanchez before he proved himself this year cannot be overlooked.

Reading your posts is like farting into my own face.

Archived