The Thread I'm Waiting To See Here...

SoFlaJets

Will say that somebody OTHER THAN SANCHEZ will be named the New York Jets starting QB after the bye week. Now I don't care which guy it is; Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, or even Jeremy Kerley, I just want to see somebody else out there under center. Someone who isn't GUARANTEED to cost the Jets points with either a fumbled ball or an interception. I don't think there's EVER been a QB who has so consistently cost his team so many points over a year and a half span the way that Mark Sanchez has been doing it over the past 13 losses.

Will say that somebody OTHER THAN SANCHEZ will be named the New York Jets starting QB after the bye week. Now I don't care which guy it is; Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, or even Jeremy Kerley, I just want to see somebody else out there under center. Someone who isn't GUARANTEED to cost the Jets points with either a fumbled ball or an interception. I don't think there's EVER been a QB who has so consistently cost his team so many points over a year and a half span the way that Mark Sanchez has been doing it over the past 13 losses.

Tebow will start vs STL, seattle def is going to bitchslap sanchez

SoFla, you're about as old as I am, so I submit Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell as candidates for this title.

So you want to start someone who gives this team no shot to win? Are you giving up on the season then?

Sanchez is the guy who gives us less and less of a chance of a winning record...I can see either Tebow or McElroy actually winning some games-did you guys SEE him on SNY after the game? He's stranding there with an I-could-care-less-because-Rex-will-never-bench-me demeanor. He was selling the same old Sh!t that he was saying from the New Orleans game his rookie year and giggling like a little girl. Where is the passion, where is the Keyshawn slamming the podium I hate to lose fire? It certainly was NOT in that room with Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez is the guy who gives us less and less of a chance of a winning record...I can see either Tebow or McElroy actually winning some games-did you guys SEE him on SNY after the game? He's stranding there with an I-could-care-less-because-Rex-will-never-bench-me demeanor. He was selling the same old Sh!t that he was saying from the New Orleans game his rookie year and giggling like a little girl. Where is the passion, where is the Keyshawn slamming the podium I hate to lose fire? It certainly was NOT in that room with Mark Sanchez.

the jets F/o would be wise to never let MS ever speak in a postgame presser evah again

Will say that somebody OTHER THAN SANCHEZ will be named the New York Jets starting QB after the bye week. Now I don't care which guy it is; Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, or even Jeremy Kerley, I just want to see somebody else out there under center.

SoFla - the issue for Rex is that once he moves away from Sanchez the rebuild starts and Rex is most likely gone. Once he puts Sanchez on the bench there is no going back. So they roll with Tebow for the last 5-6 games and then they rebuild.....with a new regime.

It's not that Rex doesn't see how god-awful Sanchez is, it's the fact that once he benches Sanchez he is done as HC of the NYJ.

SoFla - the issue for Rex is that once he moves away from Sanchez the rebuild starts and Rex is most likely gone. Once he puts Sanchez on the bench there is no going back. So they roll with Tebow for the last 5-6 games and then they rebuild.....with a new regime.

It's not that Rex doesn't see how god-awful Sanchez is, it's the fact that once he benches Sanchez he is done as HC of the NYJ.

I don't think this is necessarily true. HCs make QB changes all the time, especially when the named starter isn't playing well. It says that the HC will do whatever is needed to win, including admitting he was wrong in judging his QB. It's NOT like he's benching Sanchez for one bad game; Sanchez has played like crap against just about every team except the Bills for the last year and a half.

Ryan's problem is that he's NOT only committed to Sanchez, but that he also keeps trumpeting his commitment by saying "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win", thereby painting himself into a corner. The fact is, he's more likely to get fired for sticking with Sanchez if Sanchez continues his poor play than if he changes to Tebow. If Tebow starts and succeeds somewhat, Ryan is a "genius". If Tebow fails, at least Ryan can say, "see, I told you he's NOT good enough", but not giving Tebow a chance makes him look exactly like a HC coaching scared.

Furthermore, somebody higher up the Jets food-chain, either Tannenbaum or Johnson, wanted Tebow enough to trade for him. A HC with a seriously under-performing starter who ignores the fact that the GM or owner (or both) really, really like the bench-warmer does so at his own peril.

The Jets are a total mess. No direction, no clue, awful drafting, no QB. No one knows what the purpose of the team is right now. Other than ESPN following them around in August, this is the least interesting team in pro sports. The Jets are just there and no one really knows why.

Not when he has to bite the John Fox bullet and put Tebow on the ground.. You know that part about *makes the whole team better*, that included Fox in Denver ?.. it would include Ryan here. There is something else afoot, something Mark is in on, because he has the same demeanor as Ryan.. and Sparano is like the silent partner in the whole thing.

All three know Tebow is not as bad as what Mark is doing right now.. in every area clearly, *except* passing..and even that is debatable.

I disagree. I do believe Sanchez is far and away the best QB on the Jets roster. That just goes to show you how bad the QB situation is for the Jets. I think that while McElroy may be able to limit turnovers, he also has hot garbage for an arm and is not NFL ready. In other words, the Jets are royally screwed.

I don't think this is necessarily true. HCs make QB changes all the time, especially when the named starter isn't playing well. It says that the HC will do whatever is needed to win, including admitting he was wrong in judging his QB. It's NOT like he's benching Sanchez for one bad game; Sanchez has played like crap against just about every team except the Bills for the last year and a half.

After the Seattle game the Jets will have 6 losses. Let's assume he goes to Tebow at 3-6. If the Jets finish 5-2 with Tebow (8-8) what next? It's like Denver all over again for Tebow, nobody wants him as the franchise QB and the Jets start all over in their search for the franchise QB.

At this point the rebuild is coming whether Rex likes it or not. Pace, Thomas, Scott, Harris, Pouha, Landry are all probably gone after the season. My take is that Rex is trying to eek out 7 or 8 wins and then blame the debacle on injuries (Revis, Holmes, et al). Once he puts Sanchez on the bench he is done as HC.

I disagree. I do believe Sanchez is far and away the best QB on the Jets roster. That just goes to show you how bad the QB situation is for the Jets. I think that while McElroy may be able to limit turnovers, he also has hot garbage for an arm and is not NFL ready. In other words, the Jets are royally screwed.

Sanchez is the best passer on the Jets roster, NOT necessarily the best QB since leadership is a necessary part of being a good QB.

Sanchez is the best passer on the Jets roster, NOT necessarily the best QB since leadership is a necessary part of being a good QB.

Tebow may be the best leader, but the Jets are still not out of the playoffs as dire as things are. Sanchez still gives them the best chance to win. Although, why they didn't bring in Tebow when getting blown out in games or giving more drives remains a mystery.

After the Seattle game the Jets will have 6 losses. Let's assume he goes to Tebow at 3-6. If the Jets finish 5-2 with Tebow (8-8) what next? It's like Denver all over again for Tebow, nobody wants him as the franchise QB and the Jets start all over in their search for the franchise QB.

The point is that Woody Johnson apparently wanted him, and expects to see him on the field more than 1 or 2 running plays plus a few ST plays a game. Anybody who watches the games and doesn't just go by the box scores realizes that Sanchez's continual poor play is a major factor in the Jets' offensive woes, and that this goes back to last season as well. Ryan has nothing to lose by going with Tebow and everything to lose by sticking with Sanchez when the team owner wants Tebow on the field.

At this point the rebuild is coming whether Rex likes it or not. Pace, Thomas, Scott, Harris, Pouha, Landry are all probably gone after the season. My take is that Rex is trying to eek out 7 or 8 wins and then blame the debacle on injuries (Revis, Holmes, et al). Once he puts Sanchez on the bench he is done as HC.

The Jets can eek out with 7 or 8 wins with Tebow or Sanchez or even McElroy. Switching out QBs would at least create the facade that Ryan is trying his best to win without alienating the team owner. Then the Jets draft a rookie QB and he sits on the bench until Tebow and Sanchez prove their suckiness in short order, and everybody will cheer when he comes in. Of course, if Tebow were given a chance and played poorly (which I think he would because I don't think Sparano could create an offense to suit his skills), then Tebow would be gone.

Archived