The Official 2012-2013 Miami Heat Thread

dolphann4life

WE'RE BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!! Your 2012 NBA Champion Miami Heat start their quest to repeat as NBA Kings tonight! Off-season additions include Ray Allen (sorry Blackout :winking0001: ), Rashard Lewis and Josh Harrleson. This team is CLEARLY the class of the NBA!!! Looking forward to tonight's contest with Boston and Friday's matchup against our HATED Rival NYK's!!! NBA is Back baby!!!!

YOU CAN HEAT ME NOW!!! BUT I WON'T STOP NOW!!!

"After we hoist the Championship Banner... then you have our permission to HATE"-LeBron James

521838_425370494179430_663785492_n.jpg

HATE MY DRESS CODE!!!! GUCCI THIS PRADA THAT, WHAT YOU EXPECT YO!!

416903_425399160843230_99706400_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch last night's Heat/Rockets game? It was a doozy! Bron went HAM and saved the day. Finished with 38/10/6. His state line is amazing this year. Gotta give props to James Harden. Didn't think the dude was this legit but he is. Gets to the basket like a young D. Wade. Knicks fans should be thankful they let Lin walk and signed Felton. Felton is the much more talented PG. Jeremy has zero confidence in his game and shot a wide open air ball from 3 to try and win the game last night

396614_430227273693752_1502317885_n.jpg

Heat are class of the NBA. We all thought that going into the season.

The other teams in the East hope, like the Knicks, is to end up being the 2nd or 3rd seed so they would have to play the Heat in the conference finals. There, anything could happen with injuries, fatigue, etc.

As to last night, Harden has the greenlight to shoot so he's making the most of it. Let's see how long it can last. Lin is getting his assists, but his shooting has been abysmal thus far.

Heat are class of the NBA. We all thought that going into the season.

The other teams in the East hope, like the Knicks, is to end up being the 2nd or 3rd seed so they would have to play the Heat in the conference finals. There, anything could happen with injuries, fatigue, etc.

As to last night, Harden has the greenlight to shoot so he's making the most of it. Let's see how long it can last. Lin is getting his assists, but his shooting has been abysmal thus far.

Not so sure the Knicks aren't the class of the NBA right now with the way their playing D and Melo is scoring. We needed a Monster effort from LBJ last night to get past the Rockets. Our defense is downright awful right now. Were not closing out on 3pt shooters like we did last year. Certainly there is alot of time to get the defense fixed but it's a red flag right now.

Not so sure the Knicks aren't the class of the NBA right now with the way their playing D and Melo is scoring. We needed a Monster effort from LBJ last night to get past the Rockets. Our defense is downright awful right now. Were not closing out on 3pt shooters like we did last year. Certainly there is alot of time to get the defense fixed but it's a red flag right now.

I think it's a bit of a championship hangover for the Heat so they'll work things out when they get serious.

I said it in the other thread, the Knicks are in the 50s winwise while the Heat are in the 60s. At the end of the day, if everyone is healthy for both squads, I just can't see the Knicks surpassing the Heat recordwise. The Knicks could get close (ex. Heat, 60-42 while the Knicks are 57-45).

What the Knicks don't want to do is be like the Bulls 2 years ago and play 110% in April and then not find another gear in the postseason. The Knicks would likely try to sow up the Atlantic and the 2nd or 3rd seed as quickly as they can and then give guys rest so they can be fresh for the postseason. The Heat don't have that concern because they have a younger roster.

• 3 weeks later...

Got caught doing what might happen tonight with us, looking ahead to Thursday.

On a sidenote Bosh is playing out of his mind so far this season. Further proof that there is no God.

It's a lot of the same bad tendencies that they've showed most of the season. They felt they could just coast by in the first few quarters and turn it on in the fourth; they almost always can, but once in a while they can't. Their defensive efficiency is something like 19th thus far and you can tell there just isn't the same sense of urgency as all throughout last year. I like our chances if Kidd is able to come off the bench.

Got caught doing what might happen tonight with us, looking ahead to Thursday.

On a sidenote Bosh is playing out of his mind so far this season. Further proof that there is no God.

You think that he'll wear down playing the 5 all year? I have my doubts about him and Battier making it to May in one piece*.

These doubts are largely based in wishful thinking.

It's a lot of the same bad tendencies that they've showed most of the season. They felt they could just coast by in the first few quarters and turn it on in the fourth; they almost always can, but once in a while they can't. Their defensive efficiency is something like 19th thus far and you can tell there just isn't the same sense of urgency as all throughout last year. I like our chances if Kidd is able to come off the bench.

It's beyond frustrating watching them play this way. I just want to fast forward to the playoffs.

Surprised Knicks blew out Heat again, but without Melo and in Miami.

This just might be the championship hangover.

Yeah. I wouldn't put too much stock in this. They're dealing with so much new stuff right now. Bosh at the 5, Allen, Wade with his sh*t; more importantly I think those guys in the locker room know that some major moves might be happening because of their upcoming luxury tax problems. That stuff weighs on a basketball team way more than any other sport.

And amidst all of this, they're still winning a ton of games. Lebron is still playing out of his mind and is having yet another MVP year. He's basically refined every single weakness that ever existed in his game. His midranger is consistent now. He can attack both sides of the paint rather than just the right. His post-game is incredible. His 3 is solid and he's been an absolute beast on the glass this year. Really the only thing the guy can't do is shoot free throws. All the old criticisms are no more, and not only that, he's made them strengths.

I personally think that Miami doesn't even need to be as good as last year, they just need to be average around him because it looks like he's poised to have an even better postseason than he did last year. He's that much better IMO. They'll settle all the little stuff some time in the 2nd half of the season and be fine.

I really would like to see both these teams at full strength in a 7 game series. Win or lose that would be the best matchup in basketball. But man, this is going to be a whole new level of Lebron next summer. Like, "yeah, he's definitely better than Jordan" type sh*t. JMO.

Yeah. I wouldn't put too much stock in this. They're dealing with so much new stuff right now. Bosh at the 5, Allen, Wade with his sh*t; more importantly I think those guys in the locker room know that some major moves might be happening because of their upcoming luxury tax problems. That stuff weighs on a basketball team way more than any other sport.

And amidst all of this, they're still winning a ton of games. Lebron is still playing out of his mind and is having yet another MVP year. He's basically refined every single weakness that ever existed in his game. His midranger is consistent now. He can attack both sides of the paint rather than just the right. His post-game is incredible. His 3 is solid and he's been an absolute beast on the glass this year. Really the only thing the guy can't do is shoot free throws. All the old criticisms are no more, and not only that, he's made them strengths.

I personally think that Miami doesn't even need to be as good as last year, they just need to be average around him because it looks like he's poised to have an even better postseason than he did last year. He's that much better IMO. They'll settle all the little stuff some time in the 2nd half of the season and be fine.

I really would like to see both these teams at full strength in a 7 game series. Win or lose that would be the best matchup in basketball. But man, this is going to be a whole new level of Lebron next summer. Like, "yeah, he's definitely better than Jordan" type sh*t. JMO.

Unfortunately, I was noticing all the same improvements in his game this year as well as the deterioration of Wade, which makes Decision 2.0 in 2014 that much more interesting. I can't put into words how annoyed I would be if he ended up on Brooklyn; there's a large part of me that feels he'll go back to cleveland if he wins another chip this year. I could be way off, but I just feel that if he has two rings, nothing would mean more to him than bringing a championship to the Cavs and ingratiate himself with his city again.

Kyrie, Waiters, LBJ, Thompson, Varejao and whomever they end up drafting this year Noel//Muhammed/Len/Porthryess etc. If he continues on his better than MJ tract, that could be enough to get it done.

I can definitely see LeBron go back to Cleveland. Cleveland is not committed to anyone in 2014/15, with the 9 players signed only having team options. They can completely rebuild that team that year. They'll pick up the team options for the young core for sure, but still have enough to sign LeBron and another player to a max deal.

As for Brooklyn, they're capped out in 2014/15, so that won't happen for LeBron

This is the second game I've seen of the Warriors and Mark Jackson has that teem absolutely on fire, I think they're like 16-6 or something along those lines. Steph Curry is finally healthy and showing everyone that he can be a star in this league and also validates all the hype this franchise was giving him while D'an was here. Lee is playing his best basketball since his last year in NY and his defense is fairly improved. And for all those who don't know Klay Thompson...now you know. Kid is gonna be a stud.

Yeah, Mark Jackson is doing a great job. I wanted him over D'Antoni, but Walsh chased the Big 2 pipedream. It worked out for the Knicks with Woodson, though.

Same here, I was really disappointed that Dolan/Walsh didn't go after Jackson, but I'm quite satisfied with how things have turned out. There's not much that I don't like about Woodson; he holds his players accountable while seemingly stilled like by all of them, knows and stresses defense, adapted his offensive philosophies to what he thinks works best for his team and is exponentially better of an Xs and Os coach than he was advertised as. I know he caught a lot of sh*t for the iso-joe offense in Atlanta, but his second to last year with the Hawks they were third in offensive efficiency and top ten the next, and I swear we score on just about every possession off of a time out. Whereas with D'Antoni our players would have no clue what they were doing and would either turn it over or fail to get off a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if OKC has that fatal flaw that will stop them, mainly Westbrook doing stupid sh*t in close games.

Can't understand attacking the basket constantly when there are 4 Heat players in the paint.

It's only when they play Miami too. Their spacing, no ball movement, the bizarre form of iso that happens, Westbrook completely forgetting how to pass...only against Lebron does this sh*t happen with them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This streak is insane.  The Heat have now beaten everyone in the NBA this season and they now have the best record.  First time since the 1980s Celtics that a defending NBA champion is on pace to have best record.

The supporting cast is the key. LeBron will always be LeBron, i.e., best player alive, but the supporting cast has really stepped up the last 2 months.

This streak is insane.  The Heat have now beaten everyone in the NBA this season and they now have the best record.  First time since the 1980s Celtics that a defending NBA champion is on pace to have best record.

The supporting cast is the key. LeBron will always be LeBron, i.e., best player alive, but the supporting cast has really stepped up the last 2 months.

Agree 100%. Lebron had an off game last night only scoring 13 pts. and we handled the Pacers easily. 26 by Chalmers and 11 by Allen. The Chris Anderson signing was fantastic. His prescence has sparked the Heat Defense and Rebounding efforts.

Archived