Are we that deep on HB that we can let Grimes go?

CM28

That means JETS feel Powell and McKnight will be ready to go after the bye week. Same for Kenrick Ellis, Pouha.

I still wanted them to find a way to keep Jonathan Grimes. Looked like he could be a productive player.

Yeah my bad, thought Powell would be out longer than that. But as you say, with all the nice talking about Grimes it would have been fun to have him for a while longer and see what he can do. Last game he hade what, one or two plays? I saw one in which he ran for 4-5 yards but maybe that ain´t good enough for the ground n´ pound.

Grimes hasn't looked very good to me. His use was limited, but I won't miss him much and I'm pretty sure he will still be available if we want to sign him back up.

FWIW, I think they get 3 weeks NFL pay guaranteed. As for his "job" on the practice squad with the Texans, that wasn't guaranteed at all and was at a lower rate.

yeah from what we saw on the field, he's hesitant and not good.

Grimes hasn't looked very good to me. His use was limited, but I won't miss him much and I'm pretty sure he will still be available if we want to sign him back up.

FWIW, I think they get 3 weeks NFL pay guaranteed. As for his "job" on the practice squad with the Texans, that wasn't guaranteed at all and was at a lower rate.

Obviously he is probably a long shot but come on the guy had 2 rushing plays how do you evaluate that ? From what we saw on the field ?? Really ?

Obviously he is probably a long shot but come on the guy had 2 rushing plays how do you evaluate that ? From what we saw on the field ?? Really ?

He was on the field a lot more than 2 plays. I don't really evaluate it, but he certainly didn't jump out at me. Did you see something that makes cutting him a shock?

He was on the field a lot more than 2 plays. I don't really evaluate it, but he certainly didn't jump out at me. Did you see something that makes cutting him a shock?

Dom he had 2 carries and thats all. But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity and if Im not mistaken the kid had some speed. Im not at all shocked they cut him maybe something they saw in practice but my point is how can we as fans evaluate based on two rushing plays.

Dom he had 2 carries and thats all. But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity and if Im not mistaken the kid had some speed. Im not at all shocked they cut him maybe something they saw in practice but my point is how can we as fans evaluate based on two rushing plays.

I am not "evaluating" the guy. I didn't like what I saw. How can guys evaluate a guy that they have seen with 2 carries and complain about cutting him? I watched him move around, run routes out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. Didn't like much about how he moved. It doesn't mean anything. I didn't like plenty of guys that are great - like Eric Dickerson and Emmit Smith. FWIW, McKnight runs fine between the tackles and his game is all speed.

I am not "evaluating" the guy. I didn't like what I saw. How can guys evaluate a guy that they have seen with 2 carries and complain about cutting him? I watched him move around, run routes out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. Didn't like much about how he moved. It doesn't mean anything. I didn't like plenty of guys that are great - like Eric Dickerson and Emmit Smith. FWIW, McKnight runs fine between the tackles and his game is all speed.

You know how much I hate McKnight but I have to be honest he has improved by a large margin. Hes running much harder and hes holding on to the football . I think he could actully go in there and produce. I was particularly impressed at how he was running up the middle. To bad he got hurt and has been battling injury for most of the year same with Powell. At least they have some shiftyness in them unlike Mr Straight Line SG

You know how much I hate McKnight but I have to be honest he has improved by a large margin. Hes running much harder and hes holding on to the football . I think he could actully go in there and produce. I was particularly impressed at how he was running up the middle. To bad he got hurt and has been battling injury for most of the year same with Powell. At least they have some shiftyness in them unlike Mr Straight Line SG

Yes. McKnight did extremely well when he got the ball, I hope he gets more reps when he´s ok again. I have been up and down on SG, and even if he isn´t a starter he sure has made some progress the latest weeks. I haven´t seen him do any move at all other than lowering his shoulders before a full frontal in a few years, but now he actually does small things like changing direction and sh*t!

A guy who was not drafted by anyone in the league after a 4 year career in college and extensive post career evaluation is given a three week run by our staff in practice, meetings, etc.. and is then released because they feel he will not suit their immediate needs on the active roster, just like every other team has done and we feel that this gem of a player deserves more of a chance. Why not take the tact that only two teams in the entire league have seen anything indicating he can play and maybe they have been wrong and he sucks?

But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity

Yeah those crazy stupid retarded Jets and their between the tackles running plays! Nobody does that! Especially if the guy has a little speed! DAMN YOOOOOOU REEEETTTTAAAAAARRRRRDSSSSS! Damn you to retard hell!

Archived