Richard Todd or Mark Sanchez?

Joewillie2012

All I know is in 1984 the Jets traded Todd to the Saints and got a number 1 draft choice (which they wasted of course)---the Jets would be lucky to get a 3 - 4th rd draft choice for Sanchez?---id take Richard Todd over Sanchez any-day and I hated F-Todd---Mark Sanchez has made one of my great joys in life--watching my New York Jets---UNWATCHABLE ---I know the team as a whole isn't the greatest BUT Sanchez is an albatross on the whole team -even the defense -Back when the team was in the playoffs Sanchez still was a hindrance ~we should have made the Superbowl at least once !

All I know is in 1984 the Jets traded Todd to the Saints and got a number 1 draft choice (which they wasted of course)---the Jets would be lucky to get a 3 - 4th rd draft choice for Sanchez?---id take Richard Todd over Sanchez any-day and I hated F-Todd---Mark Sanchez has made one of my great joys in life--watching my New York Jets---UNWATCHABLE ---I know the team as a whole isn't the greatest BUT Sanchez is an albatross on the whole team -even the defense -Back when the team was in the playoffs Sanchez still was a hindrance ~we should have made the Superbowl at least once !

Jets would get nothing for Sanchez unless they agreed to eat 80% of the remainder of the guaranteed portion of his contract. Do that and someone might take a flyer on him for a mid-rounder. Maybe.

Jets would get nothing for Sanchez unless they agreed to eat 80% of the remainder of the guaranteed portion of his contract. Do that and someone might take a flyer on him for a mid-rounder. Maybe.

I started a thread on this very topic last year (before the ridiculous extension). I thought the consensus was somewhere around a 3rd or 4th rd pick - not sure what it would be today with that albatross contract.

Aside from the untradeable contract, the other issue is that once Tannenbaum moves on from Sanchez he knows he is done as GM. He is hopefully done as GM anyway but it's really hard to stick around once you screw up the "franchise QB" pick. Throw in Gholston, Ducasse, and Wilson and you have a pretty woeful draft resume.

Archived