Trade scenario: Tebow + Shonn Greene + 2nd Round pick for MJD

JetsFanInDenver

Why ?

1. MJD wants more $$ so any trade would need to include a new contract.

2. Have you learned nothing watching Tannenbaum trade pick after pick away

3. If the Jets trade a pick it better be for a starting QB (i.e. Kapernick)

4. Why would Jax want Greene? They can get just as good of a player off the street.

4. Why would Jax want Greene? They can get just as good of a player off the street.

What makes you think Kapernick is a starting QB.

You're really pushing the Kaepernick bandwagon huh?? I won't lie, I would be all over it if it were a possibility, but since the 49ers spent what is essentially a later first rounder on him, they're not going to be giving him up very easily. The only thing anyone would have going for them is that he seems pretty reluctant to be relegated to the sidelines and with Alex Smith winning 20 of the last 26 or whatever it is, he's not getting off the bench any time soon, at least in a major role.

He's got ideal size and an absolute cannon for an arm, but the questions that he came into the league with are still concerns. Can he read a defense? Can he play in a NFL offense, not like the one he was playing at Nevada? Can he shorten his quasi-byron-leftwhich elongated throwing motion? Even with all those questions, I would still take him over sanchez in a heartbeat. The kid has promise, but there's no way you have sanchez on the roster for 17 million and go and trade a high two for a guy who won't even get to start.

What makes you think Kapernick is a starting QB.

He can make every throw in the book, is one of the most athletic QBs to come out in years and was statistically successful at nevada. The kid improved his completion percentage and yards per attempt every year (with the outlier being his first year) and he freaking rushed for over 1000 yards his last three years there. He was very raw coming out, but I would still take him over sanchez any day of the week.

He can make every throw in the book, is one of the most athletic QBs to come out in years and was statistically successful at nevada. The kid improved his completion percentage and yards per attempt every year (with the outlier being his first year) and he freaking rushed for over 1000 yards his last three years there. He was very raw coming out, but I would still take him over sanchez any day of the week.

everyone would rather have anyone over sanchez right now. Im not so sure kapernick is the answer seeing how we have 2 guys who havent got playing time yet and wed have to give up a lot for an unproven guy. Much rather have flynn

Was he more statistically successful at Nevada than Alex Van Dyke?

Nope.

Therefore he sucks and always will suck.

everyone would rather have anyone over sanchez right now. Im not so sure kapernick is the answer seeing how we have 2 guys who havent got playing time yet and wed have to give up a lot for an unproven guy. Much rather have flynn

You'd rather have the guy who was given a guaranteed two year contract that wound up getting beat out by a rookie third rounder?? Righttt.

You'd rather have the guy who was given a guaranteed two year contract that wound up getting beat out by a rookie third rounder?? Righttt.

Wilson is a player simple as that. There is no evidence to say that flynn wouldnt be better anyway since hes never been given a chance to play. Wilsons upside is awesome tho

Wilson is a player simple as that. There is no evidence to say that flynn wouldnt be better anyway since hes never been given a chance to play. Wilsons upside is awesome tho

Agreed that Wilson is a player, but you'd have to imagine they gave Flynn everything opportunity and then some to win that job. Even if there was a tie, he was going to win it. Losing out to wilson doesn't speak too highly for his value and this is coming from a diehard LSU fan who watched every single snap the kid took in his collegiate career. Do I think he could perform better than sanchez? Probably, but if I had the choice between him or Kaepernick, I'm going with Colin just based on upside alone.

Agreed that Wilson is a player, but you'd have to imagine they gave Flynn everything opportunity and then some to win that job. Even if there was a tie, he was going to win it. Losing out to wilson doesn't speak too highly for his value and this is coming from a diehard LSU fan who watched every single snap the kid took in his collegiate career. Do I think he could perform better than sanchez? Probably, but if I had the choice between him or Kaepernick, I'm going with Colin just based on upside alone.

i feel yea. As much as i hate pete caroll i think he did great picking wilson over flynn takes a lot of balls. And i just dont know bought kaep havnt seen him play enough to really think hes gonna be great. Cept when he ran riots on the jets

You're really pushing the Kaepernick bandwagon huh?? I won't lie, I would be all over it if it were a possibility, but since the 49ers spent what is essentially a later first rounder on him, they're not going to be giving him up very easily.

2 years learning under Harbaugh makes a huge difference than when he was coming out of college.

If the 49ers make it deep into the playoffs again it will be hard for them to move on from Smith. Kapernick still has 2 years left on his deal so he may not be available but the Jets should at least make a run.

Oh yes, Matt Flynn, who has had his value established by QB3 in Wilson.

Flynn is sh*t, he is worse than McKelroy. Dont let your eyes fool you with him standing in for Rodgers last year.. if he was that good, why would the pack dump him ?

Oh yes, Matt Flynn, who has had his value established by QB3 in Wilson.

Flynn is sh*t, he is worse than McKelroy. Dont let your eyes fool you with him standing in for Rodgers last year.. if he was that good, why would the pack dump him ?

Didn't dump him, they just couldn't afford to resign him for the money he was garnering. Not really an indication of his skill, just it wasn't feasible to lock up a backup for that type of money.

Didn't dump him, they just couldn't afford to resign him for the money he was garnering. Not really an indication of his skill, just it wasn't feasible to lock up a backup for that type of money.

he wasnt garnering any money, he was back up for Rodgers. Seattle sold the farm and picked him up , and they got screwed.

MJD will look to fly and he will be old. You cannot allow Tanny to do this, and probably hamstring his more competent successor with ANOTHER dumb trade of picks. this 1000 times.

lol what are you talking about? They probably have one of the best qb situations in the league

LOL...I am saying the facts, that is what I am saying.

Flynn was waiting for Rodgers to get hurt, or quit.. and getting paid back up money to do it.

He stepped in when there was no reason to continue to start Rodgers to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

He looked good (many think because he is good) throwing the same routes that he had watched Rodgers throw over and over. Seattle took the bait. They paid too much without really knowing what they had.

Now, instead of Flynn leading the Seahawks into relevance, it is Wilson.

Flynn is making more than Wilson btw.

LOL...I am saying the facts, that is what I am saying.

Flynn was waiting for Rodgers to get hurt, or quit.. and getting paid back up money to do it.

He stepped in when there was no reason to continue to start Rodgers to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

He looked good (many think because he is good) throwing the same routes that he had watched Rodgers throw over and over. Seattle took the bait. They paid too much without really knowing what they had.

Now, instead of Flynn leading the Seahawks into relevance, it is Wilson.

Flynn is making more than Wilson btw.

So they have a starting QB that makes next to nothing and a backup QB getting paid. That seems like it equals out to me. They should be extremely happy they have 2 guys on there roster that could be NFL starting QBS. Wilson is better then expected hoorah for them lol?

The jets best kept secret is their newly acquired 4th, for now rb Jonathan Grimes. Why do you think Houston was trying to hold on to him for next year when tate goes. But the coach sucks. Had every opportunity to see wat he had when mcknight and powell were hurt, and then green went down. He could .have played Grimes and Tebow

Archived