Go get him Jets....Sean Payton a free agent.

PFSIKH

is he bringing Brees?

if so, sean payton would turn around the offense and ruin the defense

I can't remember how many years we went without a decent defense.

now all we want is a great offense.

remember Kenny Obrien and the 1985 Jets? Great friggin offense. Couldn't stop a nosebleed on defense.

I don't know what the solution is but you need both to win. the saints defense is atrocious right now.

Doesn't matter really. Considering the crux of the problem in this instance is that Payton didn't ever want to run the risk of working for someone stupid, I can't imagine him wanting to work for Tannenbaum.

Even in my most cynical, sordid Jets-being-Jets scenario projection could I imagine Rex getting the boot with taking Tannenbaum with him.

is he bringing Brees?

if so, sean payton would turn around the offense and ruin the defense

I can't remember how many years we went without a decent defense.

now all we want is a great offense.

remember Kenny Obrien and the 1985 Jets? Great friggin offense. Couldn't stop a nosebleed on defense.

I don't know what the solution is but you need both to win. the saints defense is atrocious right now.

You're blaming Sean Payton for a defense he's not coaching right now.

Even in my most cynical, sordid Jets-being-Jets scenario projection could I imagine Rex getting the boot with taking Tannenbaum with him.

I'd like to think that too, but as my cycloptic colleague likes to often point out, the world is a cruel place completely devoid of light in which hope, belief, and even existence are completely meaningless.

Odd. The 1985 Jets were ranked 3rd in points allowed, 8th in yards allowed, 2nd in t/g differential, and 3rd in both point and yardage differential. Maybe the damn internet is on the fritz again.

completely false

learn your history

Hey check it out, just for fun, I googled '1985 Jets defense,' and this SI review of a December game came up. Highlights include:

Any discussion of the 1985 Jets must begin with Carson's defense: complex, ever changing, cerebral principles translated into the quick strike and relentless pressure.

The Jet defense is a testimony to Carson's ingenuity. An injury-ridden secondary has performed at a consistently high level, with a lineup that's ever changing. Lynn, for instance, has bounced around every defensive backfield position. Carson got together with his linebacker coach, Dan Radakovich, who was with him in Pittsburgh and L.A., and decided to switch Lance Mehl, one of the game's finest outside backers, to the inside, where he's having an All-Pro year.

The difference between the Jets who were 6-6 after 12 games last year and the current 9-3 team is 831 fewer yards given up. New York came into the Patriots game ranked second in defense in the AFC.

In unrelated news I am still single.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1120234/2/index.htm

maybe i was thinking of the wrong year. regardless that team didn't win jack squat in terms of hardware

maybe it's just hard to win in the league, and firing people every 3-5 years doesn't really help

I don't see how keeping incompetents who have made the team worse and less talented every year they have been here helps.

I don't get why JETS fans would want a HC who just barely escaped criminal charges (and the proverbial fat lady has not bellowed as yet) with his current team.

Payton is a gum chewing coolio HC with a recent SB win.. but hello.. Seems he went to the pats school of game planning imo..

Sure its fun to have a badass HC.. as long as that a$$hole doesnt' get half the team and the entire coaching staff benched for a season or two.. The Saints are having a great year, don't you think with that smashtabulous HC payton.. (Wow.. I had no idea smashtabulous was a word.. )

Yeah, just like the middling offense he ran in middle of decade with Bledsoe at QB, he's proven time and time again he can produce irregardless of QB

Well the way I see it if Sanchez has to be here for another year due to the guaranteed money next year Payton would be a good choice to attempt to turn his career in the right direction. If he cant, at least we have a proven HC to choose the next QB and begin building a competent offense. I can picture a guy like Payton being capable of running an entire organization as a GM/HC not many of those types out there.

maybe i was thinking of the wrong year. regardless that team didn't win jack squat in terms of hardware

maybe it's just hard to win in the league, and firing people every 3-5 years doesn't really help

Maybe because we've fired the wrong people.

Tannenbaum must go. That's it.

Well the way I see it if Sanchez has to be here for another year due to the guaranteed money next year Payton would be a good choice to attempt to turn his career in the right direction. If he cant, at least we have a proven HC to choose the next QB and begin building a competent offense. I can picture a guy like Payton being capable of running an entire organization as a GM/HC not many of those types out there.

for one thing there is no way he leaves unless hes promised a small country or something.

other then that phew they do not run the ball at all i dont think hed be the guy to help sanchez asking him to essentially carry the entire offense like he does brees

for one thing there is no way he leaves unless hes promised a small country or something.

other then that phew they do not run the ball at all i dont think hed be the guy to help sanchez asking him to essentially carry the entire offense like he does brees

when the Saints won the SB they were a top 5 rushing team and they have always had one of the best RB corps in the entire game. Remember Brees dumps off to his running backs more than any other QB in the game and thats by design. That offense will nickel and dime you to death then strike up top the Jets simply do not have that capability and are not even close. The Saints have Thomas, Sproles, Ingram and Ivory and from what I saw last night any one of those RB's would be a starter on the Jets. Every one of those running backs can catch the football, everyone of those running backs can be shifty or run hard.

When it comes to Payton I agree the chances are very slim of the Jets luring him in. Dont take what I said seriously Im well aware Payton wont be here but one can have hope :) .

Put yourselves in his shoes....you can go anywhere you want....you are an offensive genius looking to prove you can do it somewhere else....oh, and your family lives in Dallas, Texas. Why would you come to New York and work with Mark Sanchez or have to go find a QB when you can choose anywhere else with a QB with much more upside?

Archived