Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 40-year old point guards(and he will go down as one fo the best ever) and the piece of china known as Amare, injuries and missed games are not a bug, but a feature. Bis issue is how you take Chandler out for Amare. Thnink they didn't go to Chandler nearly enough.

Any reason Amare was in the stands last night and not on the bench?

Yeah, that was odd. Amare hasn't been on the bench at all as far as I know. He stays with the team, but then watches the game from the lockerroom. Shump is always on the bench.

Really didn't expect outcome to turn out like it did. I expected a much more difficult, grind-it-out style of game, especially with the way Jennings and Ellis started off. Looking past the three-ball, I love everything Woodson did with pulling the trigger on Pablo and keeping Novak out there. He really does play to the hot hand and doesn't seem to force anything and just goes with what works. That's about all I can muster up right now; my neuro final is friday and my brain is shot.

Also, I think SMC or RJF brought it up earlier, but I do like the addition of Sczerbiak to the post-game show, he does a good job. Obviously can't look past the Washington game, but the next three games are quite winnable and if we want to win this division we really need to win against all those teams we're suppose to. 13-4 would be a great start to the season, being only one game back of miami.

He does play like this all the time. I don't care how off Felton was, it just should not be possible for the Knicks to lose a game in which Chandler takes 13 shots.

He's 30 of his last 37 or something crazy like that. And you're right, it's not new, pretty sure he lead the league in FG% last year by a decent margin.

Really didn't expect outcome to turn out like it did. I expected a much more difficult, grind-it-out style of game, especially with the way Jennings and Ellis started off. Looking past the three-ball, I love everything Woodson did with pulling the trigger on Pablo and keeping Novak out there. He really does play to the hot hand and doesn't seem to force anything and just goes with what works. That's about all I can muster up right now; my neuro final is friday and my brain is shot.

Also, I think SMC or RJF brought it up earlier, but I do like the addition of Sczerbiak to the post-game show, he does a good job. Obviously can't look past the Washington game, but the next three games are quite winnable and if we want to win this division we really need to win against all those teams we're suppose to. 13-4 would be a great start to the season, being only one game back of miami.

Agree on all fronts. Yeah, I was the one who mentioned Wally World. Him and Hahn are a great postgame tandem. I look forward to hearing them after games.

The Knicks have had the toughest schedule in the NBA thus far based on opponents and the fact that they've played 9 of their first 14 on the road and 4 back-to-backs. The fact that they are 5-4 on the road is a positive.

Yeah, the Knicks, hopefully, will take care of business over the next 3. The schedule gets easier in January and February with a lot of rest in between games. March is going to be tough, but hopefully by then they'd be pretty much locked into the 2 or 3 seed (meaning, they could go .500 from there on out and still get those seeds), which is the whole key to this season.

He does play like this all the time. I don't care how off Felton was, it just should not be possible for the Knicks to lose a game in which Chandler takes 13 shots.

Yeah, but if Felton goes 1-10 in the 4th & OT, which means Chandler and Melo are taking less shots in that time frame, then yeah, that's a recipe for losing. But good bounce back game for Felton and the team against the Bucks.

I would disagree on saying that Tyson plays like this all the time. Offensively, yes. But I think he hasn't been as beastly on D or the boards this year as he was last year. The last 2 games Tyson has been better, but I still don't see the Tyson of last year yet.

December is going to be crazy. 5 out of 6 games coming up on the road early in the month. Away at Charlotte and Miami on back to back nights. I don't think we'll be able to coast against Charlotte for the Miami game either, they're not horrible like they usually are and their shooters will probably light us up if we slack off. Kemba's actually becoming a pretty great guard. Brooklyn twice. Lakers twice. Houston again. I think only 2 games are against sub .500 teams. I think the Knicks are better off keeping Amare sat until after the new year. They need a stretch against a couple bad teams to work out the kinks with him returning, (and there is going to be a lot) and they get that in the earlier part of Jan. Not to mention that it's going to be a circus when he comes back, (o/u on amount of times Melo will be asked if he thinks they can coexist = eleventy billion), and that's the last thing the team needs when they're playing Prok, Kobe, and Lin all within 1 week of each other.

Like he's going to be a player. He could really use a healthy Nene and Wall, kid isn't read to put a team on his shoulders. The talent is there though, it looks like he's got high-end upside of Eric Gordon (the healthy version) if he stays dedicate and works on his game.

Yeah, watched a few Florida games last year and thought he looked like the real deal for the pros. I've actually been pulling for Washington to get it together ever since they switched back to the old Bullets unis. Those things go hard.

Archived