Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

That's a good sign. :biggrin:

The Garden experience is great when the team is winning. They're up by 40+ and the arena is still packed and they're cheering loudly in the 4th quarter. Even Breem and Clyde were mentioning it. When the Knicks are good the Garden is like a 3 hr party.

Was at the Rangers game on Thursday as well. The atmosphere is night and day.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post.

also

I have to offer a mea culpa to yourself and SMC. I went to a Knicks game last night for the first time and years, and wow, I forgot how awesome MSG was. The renovations are tremendous. I had fun rooting for the Knicks for the first time in forever.

I was at the New Orleans game a couple weeks back. First time since I was in grade school and Oakley was still on the team. It was awesome. There's not a bad seat in that arena.

I was at the New Orleans game a couple weeks back. First time since I was in grade school and Oakley was still on the team. It was awesome. There's not a bad seat in that arena.

There really isnt.

But I have to bust balls again, JR Smith taking three three's in one possession last night might be my favorite moment of the season.

There really isnt.

But I have to bust balls again, JR Smith taking three three's in one possession last night might be my favorite moment of the season.

Simmons calls JR the league's top Irrational Confidence Guy.

There really isnt.

Haha yea, I had to laugh out loud/shake my head at that. On one hand I like that he's stopped taking those long twos, but I do not like that 90% of his 40+ shots the last few games are from beyond the arc, considering he's quite adept at getting to the basket. But hey, he's been shooting at a good clip recently so I won't criticize too much.

Good to see them burying scrub teams like they should be. The schedule gets much more difficult after the break.

The schedule in March is crazy. A 5 game road trip, 6 back-to-backs and at least one 4-in-5 nights. They need to pad their record in February and survive March.

Shumpert for Jared Dudley rumors going around. I guess that would make the Knicks better in the extremely short term, but I still hate the idea.

That'd be depressing, IMO. Shumpert has a bunch of talent and he's young. Unless they think his knee is shot, they should hang onto him.

That'd be depressing, IMO. Shumpert has a bunch of talent and he's young. Unless they think his knee is shot, they should hang onto him.

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. Dudley is better RIGHT NOW but that might not even necessarily be the case in 2 months. I don't want to lose the only young exciting player on the team for another spot up shooter.

The word is that the Knicks didn't approach the Suns about a deal.  The Suns are desperate to dump salary and they are floating Dudley as trade bait.  They linked him to Sumpert to raise the asking price for Dudley.  The Suns are even willing to throw in a 1st rounder.  That's all you need to know about the Suns thinking.

They are trying to create a market for a salary dump, essentially bluffing teams, "We can get a good young player like Shumpert for Dudley, what can you offer us?"

The Knicks right now anyway are playing worse that the Nets, Bulls, Heat and Pacers, and possibly the Bucks too.

yes, yes they are.  I thought they were just sort of on cruise control before the break but this is becoming alarming.  

They just traded Brewer for basically nothing, so there's some sort of FA pickup bound to happen in the next couple of days.  

It's definitely a concern.  Knicks are 14-14 since December 15.  They have time to buckle up and right the ship.  They still lead in the loss column over Nets and Pacers so they haven't squandered everything.  But they MUST start playing better.

Also, they traded Brewer for a 2nd rounder to OKC. Had to open up a roster spot.  I liked Brewer, but he let his poor offensive showing affect his defense and with him being a horrible FT shooter he became an absolute liability on the court.

EDIT:  And it's now being reported that the Knicks signed Kenyon Martin to a 10 day contract.  No word if Isiah Thomas was pushing the move.

I don't think Martin is so bad.  He obviously got on well with Kidd.  I don't know if he has anything left, but being perpetually hurt isn't generally a problem when you are dealing with a back of the rotation guy on a 10 day.  

Not bad per say, but turning into the Thuggets East...well....who predicted that one? 

This team didnt work once, with a better coach in Karl. 

Archived