Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a big different between "not being a great scorer" and shooting 15% from 3 over your last 10+ games.

They've got to give him the Brewer treatment until he gets some semblance of a shot back.  Shumpert is more comfortable as a two anyway and having two offensive black holes in the starting lineup makes no sense.  Prigs deserves a little more burn anyway.

Pretty sure that was Stat's best game since 2011.

They've got to give him the Brewer treatment until he gets some semblance of a shot back.  Shumpert is more comfortable as a two anyway and having two offensive black holes in the starting lineup makes no sense.  Prigs deserves a little more burn anyway.

Pretty sure that was Stat's best game since 2011.

Yes, the black holes in the starting lineup is a big problem and that Prigs needs more minutes.  But I don't think as others have said that Kidd is shot.  He's still an effective defender and rebounder for an older guard.  He's missing gym shots. Being old shouldn't take that away.

BTW, the Knicks used zone effectively for long stretches in their big win over Boston a couple of weeks back.  I don't know why they don't use it more. 

Yes, this was STAT's best offensive game in a while, but he is still a serious liability on defense. When STAT and Novak are on the floor at the same time it is a defensive disaster.  They have to score in those situations to justify playing together.

He's still an effective defender and rebounder for an older guard.  He's missing gym shots. Being old shouldn't take that away.

You just described Ronnie Brewer, which is why I'm in favor of easing up on his minutes.  Kidd missing wide open looks is one of the main reasons Chandler can't get anything going on the dives.

this new quote system sucks balls.

Yes, the black holes in the starting lineup is a big problem and that Prigs needs more minutes.  But I don't think as others have said that Kidd is shot.  He's still an effective defender and rebounder for an older guard.  He's missing gym shots. Being old shouldn't take that away.

I don't mean to harp on a typo, but you mean jump shots, right?  I thought when you get tired your legs go away and you start missing your shot.  IMO Kidd has never been a natural shooter and became reasonable by repetition.  I don't get to watch as many Knick games having moved down here, but I would guess that some time off/reduced minutes will do him wonders.  

He's still an effective defender and rebounder for an older guard.  He's missing gym shots. Being old shouldn't take that away.

You just described Ronnie Brewer, which is why I'm in favor of easing up on his minutes.  Kidd missing wide open looks is one of the main reasons Chandler can't get anything going on the dives.

this new quote system sucks balls.

+1

I don't mean to harp on a typo, but you mean jump shots, right?  I thought when you get tired your legs go away and you start missing your shot.  IMO Kidd has never been a natural shooter and became reasonable by repetition.  I don't get to watch as many Knick games having moved down here, but I would guess that some time off/reduced minutes will do him wonders.  

+1

Yes, the new quote system sucks.

But, no, I don't mean jump shots.  I mean gym shots, i.e., wide open shots an NBA players takes and makes during practice in the gym.

And, Damage, I disagree with the Brewer comparison.  Brewer has always been a bad offensive player.  Kidd has proven over his career that he is a good 3pt shooter and good FT shooter, two things Brewer sucked at.

But, no, I don't mean jump shots.  I mean gym shots, i.e., wide open shots an NBA players takes and makes during practice in the gym.

And, Damage, I disagree with the Brewer comparison.  Brewer has always been a bad offensive player.  Kidd has proven over his career that he is a good 3pt shooter and good FT shooter, two things Brewer sucked at.

Unfamiliar with the term, but my comment still stands.  When you get tired, your legs go away and so does your shot.  Come to think of it, gym shot does make more sense because Kidd doesn't really jump much when he launches those things. 

Unfamiliar with the term, but my comment still stands.  When you get tired, your legs go away and so does your shot.  Come to think of it, gym shot does make more sense because Kidd doesn't really jump much when he launches those things. 

Yeah, the tired-legs argument makes sense, but Kidd isn't a jump shooter.  Melo and JR really elevate on their shots.  Kidd doesn't.  That's why the slump is somewhat perplexing. 

He's been playing like Brewer since January.  Brewer is also a good rebounder and defender who can't shoot.  He's probably a better defender than Kidd at this point.  Although Kidd is more likely to rediscover his shot than Brewer is, he's still a drag right now.  Dude needs to have his minutes cut until he can hit an open three again.

He's been playing like Brewer since January.  Brewer is also a good rebounder and defender who can't shoot.  He's probably a better defender than Kidd at this point.  Although Kidd is more likely to rediscover his shot than Brewer is, he's still a drag right now.  Dude needs to have his minutes cut until he can hit an open three again.

"Playing like Brewer" as a euphamism for "playing awful," then, yes, I agree. LOL 

Brewer was useless when he let his shooting slump affect his defense.  Kidd now is still better than Brewer.  I agree he should get less minutes.

Sheed needs surgery.  Done for the regular season.  Knicks claim that his stress reaction became a fracture and now needs surgery.  A waste, but expected when someone is 38 and hasnt played in 2 yrs.

I'm shocked 90% of the team isnt in this category...

Incredibly entertaining game. Curry was unreal. Huge games by Tyson, Melo and JR. Felton was getting toasted but was great on the defensive end in the last minute.

Felton's steal sealed the deal.

Curry was unconscious.  That was quite a performance.  2 games in a row.  He might be the best pure shooter in the NBA.  

Tyson is a monster.  Love that guy.  Melo was clutch.  A big 3 and the little turnaround on the baseline late was pretty money.

That was a fun game.

Felton's steal sealed the deal.

Curry was unconscious.  That was quite a performance.  2 games in a row.  He might be the best pure shooter in the NBA.  

Tyson is a monster.  Love that guy.  Melo was clutch.  A big 3 and the little turnaround on the baseline late was pretty money.

That was a fun game.

Spot on.

It was a fun game to watch and the Knicks D wasn't bad.  Curry was scoring all over the court, even from 30 ft out. Incredible. He is the best shooter in the NBA.  Health of his ankles will be his main problem in his career.

The last 2 minutes of the game was gripping with the back and forth. Felton deserves a lot of credit in the sense that he was getting embarrassed out there, but kept fighting and finally made the 2 critical defensive plays to win the game in the end.

Spot on.

It was a fun game to watch and the Knicks D wasn't bad.  Curry was scoring all over the court, even from 30 ft out. Incredible. He is the best shooter in the NBA.  Health of his ankles will be his main problem in his career.

The last 2 minutes of the game was gripping with the back and forth. Felton deserves a lot of credit in the sense that he was getting embarrassed out there, but kept fighting and finally made the 2 critical defensive plays to win the game in the end.

Their D was good...it was just 3 guys doing all the scoring.  1 in a total zone and the other just beating up Amare who might be the worst defensive player at that size and agility I've ever seen.  Though he did add some much needed scoring off the bench.  Him and JR provided that well.

Kidd is done.  He shouldnt be seeing the court anymore.  Totally worthless out there. 

I

Their D was good...it was just 3 guys doing all the scoring.  1 in a total zone and the other just beating up Amare who might be the worst defensive player at that size and agility I've ever seen.  Though he did add some much needed scoring off the bench.  Him and JR provided that well.

Kidd is done.  He shouldnt be seeing the court anymore.  Totally worthless out there. 

I

Yeah, Curry outscored the rest of the Warriors combined (54 vs. 51 pts).  And, yeah, Amare is an awful defender.  It's like he has no defensive awareness.  It's like Justin Miller playing CB.  He had all this athletic ability, but just could never know where the ball was.

As to Kidd, something has to be done, but I'm not sure it's definitive that he's shot.  He's missing wide open shots.  Fifty year old ex NBA shooters can hit those.

I've never seen anything like what Curry did last night.  I've seen Lebron, Durant, Melo, etc go off for 45+ but that was absurd.  

Tyson won that game for us.

Also, nice too Shumpert's defense start to pick up.  He's still a mess offensively but he looks to be regaining his defensive form.  Once he starts to get confident I think that we'll start to see him finish around the rim instead of just freezing there when he drives.

You Knickies aren't at all worried that any opposing guard who can dribble can get any shot he wants any time he wants?

we're all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, we're not on the team, it's just for fun

You Knickies aren't at all worried that any opposing guard who can dribble can get any shot he wants any time he wants?

No.

The next 11 games could essentially decide the division and the Knicks seeding.

They play 11 games in 18 days, 3 at home and 8 on the road, including a 5 game road trip, and 4 back to backs.

But if we were on the team we'd be killing somebody over this!

hey, I was yelling a the tv when they let him just run to the 3 point line and shoot in transition (jr backed off him lol)  but that was a very entertaining game, and to come away from that game whining is just trolling

I mean why even follow sports if you don't come away from that game with a smile on your face ?  for an NBA "shot every 15 seconds" style of game, that was was fun fun fun

hey, I was yelling a the tv when they let him just run to the 3 point line and shoot in transition (jr backed off him lol)  but that was a very entertaining game, and to come away from that game whining is just trolling

I mean why even follow sports if you don't come away from that game with a smile on your face ?  for an NBA "shot every 15 seconds" style of game, that was was fun fun fun

T0m Shane?  Trolling?  

whew needed that one

the best part of watching these clunker games is clyde.  love clyde

ok, lets see if we can name all the "clyde-isms" we hear

so nive we're gonna show it twice

bounding and astounding

stop and pop

starting to percolate

dishing and swishing

huffing and stuffing

slicing and dicing

never leave your feet for a pass

hacking and whacking

whew needed that one

the best part of watching these clunker games is clyde.  love clyde

ok, lets see if we can name all the "clyde-isms" we hear

so nive we're gonna show it twice

bounding and astounding

stop and pop

starting to percolate

dishing and swishing

huffing and stuffing

slicing and dicing

never leave your feet for a pass

hacking and whacking

When he randomly yells "look out!" when there's a rebound to be grabbed.  

I love Clyde.  

Oh, it will definitely be the reason they lose in the playoffs.  Unless one of the old fart big men can provide some second unit defense and Shumpert makes a miracle recovery.  I think we're looking at a second round or maybe ECF exit.

Ef you and ef the Nyets.  I'm gleefully anticipating 2014 when the Nets are still locked into Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson and they're both old and suck and the Nets are stuck with them and you cry.

Oh, it will definitely be the reason they lose in the playoffs.  Unless one of the old fart big men can provide some second unit defense and Shumpert makes a miracle recovery.  I think we're looking at a second round or maybe ECF exit.

Ef you and ef the Nyets.  I'm gleefully anticipating 2014 when the Nets are still locked into Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson and they're both old and suck and the Nets are stuck with them and you cry.

I agree o the Nyets, but as to the penetrating opposing guard issue I dont see how you can say that it will definitely be the reason they lose when they likely wont even face a penetrating guard in the playoffs. Look at the likely matchups. Who of the EC playoff teams right now have a penetrating guard?

Knicks right now match up with Celtics in first roundand Rondo is out. If victorious, Knicks would play either Pacers or Bulls(3 vs. 6).

Unless Rose comes back the Knicks wouldnt see a penetrator there. The Pacers have Hill, buthe isnt a quintessential penetrating guard.

Knicks wil lose that series if they cant shoot and cant match the physical play

Oh, it will definitely be the reason they lose in the playoffs. Unless one of the old fart big men can provide some second unit defense and Shumpert makes a miracle recovery. I think we're looking at a second round or maybe ECF exit.

The Knicks will lose in the first round because--outside of Melo and Chandler--they're soft, and because Woodson is Herm Edwards. The guards shredding the defense will just be the cherry on top.

Ef you and ef the Nyets. I'm gleefully anticipating 2014 when the Nets are still locked into Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson and they're both old and suck and the Nets are stuck with them and you cry.

:) The Nyets are a roster with some mismatched players, some of whom have to run to be effective and the others having to play half court. When they go out, it will be because Deron's ankles give out. As scary as Joe Johnson's contract is, it's still a better deal than Amare's, who's broken down. And Gerald Wallace makes about $5 mil too much, but he's a tough dude who plays hard and doesn't need the ball. I still maintain that they won't win a thing with Brook Shields at center. He's the tan Jon Koncak.

Archived