Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

Matt is full of sh*t, Bugg, so I have no idea why you think he could possibly be more right than wrong. He predicted the Knicks would be 7,8 or miss the playoffs and they ended up the 2nd seed with key rotation players missing more than 100 games combined.

Also, Knicks dont rely on ISO more than other teams. Their offense is predicated on ball movement, pick and roll, and drawing double teams to create an open man.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston is missing its best player, has an awful road record this season, and has a losing record against teams. 500 or better.

The media is only giving Boston a chance based on reputation. Itll be a short series in Knicks favor.

Boston is missing its best player, has an awful road record this season, and has a losing record against teams. 500 or better.

The media is only giving Boston a chance based on reputation. Itll be a short series in Knicks favor.

AMEN BROTHER !!!  keep preachin !!!!

imagine this team with some bigs.  we will need martin and chandler to deal with green and little bitch face.  it's just so sweet to have 2 games off to rest.  more than that and you worry about rust.  it's just about perfect

Think Matt is more right than wrong. ISo and 3s in a half court playoff series when the same defenders see Melo 4 times in 7 days is going to be different. Not a given he keeps this going.

Odd thing about Chicago-Rose and Shumpert sustained the same injury on opposite knees  at almost the exact same time. Reinsdirf has told Rose to wait until he is 100%, yet Shumpert has played about 40+games. There are only so many seasons. That a franchise would not seek to grab a chance at the brass ring in this situation by at least seeing if Rose can play at less than full strength  is really odd.

If the Knicks go play this imaginary iso ball and everyone sits around waiting for Melo and Earl to go one on one, then yeah, they'll probably lose.  If they get some healthy bigs and play the way they'be been playing they should handle the C's.

As for Rose.. I'm really not sure what's going on there.  Rose's game relies on his athleticism being off the charts.  Maybe it's not there yet.  I still don't think Shumpert is moving the same way he did last year even though he's clearly getting better every game.

Not that personal accolades are what these guys are gunning for at the moment, but it's still pretty nice to see Melo get the scoring title with the finish to the season that he had. It's funny how things have changed over the years; couple decades ago, you would have seen players out there putting up 50 pts in the last couple games, even if they had their seeds already locked up.  Not a bad thing, but I always enjoyed those friendly competitions and the killer instinct some of those guys had. 

Agree with TS and couneslor; the season is a minimum of 20 games too long, same goes for hockey.  If they could ever get rid of the back to backs, I think you'd see an immediate and sharp decline in injuries.  That and these guys playing for their national teams, but it's hard to blame them for that.

Welcome back, Broadway.

LOL, I was right. Sheed is done. He was out of shape, overweight and had a bad foot. Not a good combo for a comeback.

Broadway, you mention the scoring title race and ESPN brought up the Admiral-Shaq race in 94 where the Admiral won it on the last day by scoring 71. I think there's too much fear of injury for that to happen in todays game.

And, yeah, back to backs and 4 in 5 are awful. If the NBA had any type of players assoc that would be gone.

Everybody got hurt yesterday, even a ref. But I think Prigs will be fine.

Knicks play Saturday. They should win the series in 5 tops.

People don't realize how bad the Celtics were. Their record breakdown & metrics were terrible. Solely because of the Celtics name are they given credit.

Sucks that Prigs might miss game 1 with sprained ankle, but the should be fine with Cope in there.

I was breaking down Knicks schedule and it was pretty impressive. They started season 21-9 and finished 22-8 in last 30. In between they were 11-11.

One of only 6 teams that won at least 30 home wins and 23 road wins. One of only 7 teams to have a winning record against teams .500 or better. And they went 6-2 against Heat, Thunder and Spurs.

Sucks that Prigs might miss game 1 with sprained ankle, but the should be fine with Cope in there.

I was breaking down Knicks schedule and it was pretty impressive. They started season 21-9 and finished 22-8 in last 30. In between they were 11-11.

One of only 6 teams that won at least 30 home wins and 23 road wins. One of only 7 teams to have a winning record against teams .500 or better. And they went 6-2 against Heat, Thunder and Spurs.

Something something built around J.R. Smith something too many jump shots something.

C's make me nervous even though the Knicks are pretty clearly the better team.  Chandler and Melo have to keep their composure; the only way that the Celtics can make up for the talent disparity is by getting in the Knicks' heads.  Garnett is going to empty the bag of dirty tricks.

I also don't take the loss of Prigs too lightly.  He's been pretty awesome since Woodson put him in the starting lineup.  Hopefully Kidd can keep the two pg lineup running smoothly, but he doesn't have Pablo's quickness or ability to play really irritating defense.

4 minutes left in the first half, JR Smith is absolutely killing the Knicks. Came into the game and dominated the ball for a five minute stretch, which took Melo out of his groove, and now he stopped playing defense, allowing Avery Bradley to literally walk to the rim on a back-cut.

LOL, T0m, spoke too soon.

Thats one.

Great defensive effort in second half. Melo, Kidd and Kenyon were awesome down the stretch. Excellent sign that Knicks won a defensive struggle.

Kidd is a f*cking genius on the floor. He's almost the exact opposite of JR. Combine those two, and you'd have LeBron. Good win. Danny Ainge has to hate himself right now for not even trying to find a real PG after Rondo went down.

Ugly win, but win nevertheless, but that crowd shows you why homecourt advantage throughout the early rounds is so huge.  

Green puts up a very efficient 26 points and Boston still couldn't steal one; not sure he's the type of player yet that can string together multiple games like that in a row, so that was a solid win. KG and Pierce will probably have bigger games on tuesday, but it'll probably be at the expense of opportunities for bradley and green.  Not sure why, but I have a feeling the Knicks will have a much easier win on tuesday as I think Woodson will look to get Melo in position to get his shot off in space and not always contested; but props to boston for being pretty much on his hip the whole game. 

Some interesting things: Tyson had pretty much no impact, hopefully that'll change. That technical on him in the first quarter was laughable, especially when you consider the types of fouls in that same arena 15-20 years ago.  Kenyon closed it out with Tyson on the bench and had himself a heck of a game. The ball movement was certainly missing without Prigs playing that two guard with felton to start the game.  Can't say enough about Jkidd, especially in the fourth.  There were times where I thought Melo, Smith and co. were going to lose their cool because of the refs, but be it woodson, kidd or whomever, seemed to compose themselves a bit.  

All in all, good win and let's keep rolling on tuesday as I'm heading out to Boston for game three.

ian oconnor keeps harping on how melo needed 29 shots to get 36 points

huh ?  this isn't some iverson stat line

I'm no math major but shooting at 50% on 2's gets you 36 points in 36 shots.  throw in a few 3's and free throws, and you get more points than shots

I understand melo has baggage, but that's just douchy

I'm no math major but shooting at 50% on 2's gets you 36 points in 36 shots.  throw in a few 3's and free throws, and you get more points than shots

If the Celts continue shooting that poorly and get zero form their bench, this will be a short series. Otherwise it could be...interesting. Let's tell some truth here; the NBA officials are going to go Donaghy in Boston. No one wants to say it, but the Knicks aren't getting any breaks in those 3 games.

If the Celts continue shooting that poorly and get zero form their bench, this will be a short series. Otherwise it could be...interesting. Let's tell some truth here; the NBA officials are going to go Donaghy in Boston. No one wants to say it, but the Knicks aren't getting any breaks in those 3 games.

oh I agree, I am totally expecting game 3 to be a loss, the knicks really needed game 1. 

on a side note, really disappointed they didn't drive the lane when KG went out with his 5th foul.  something like 4 straight long jumpers.  they need to be smarter

if you get KG and green in foul trouble, the have no chance.

Soo... was that rust or is Chandler's neck still a problem?   Martin has been great but there's no chance for a deep run without a healthy Chandler.  I doubt Martin can handle playing 35 minutes a game for an extended period of time without getting injured.

Soo... was that rust or is Chandler's neck still a problem?   Martin has been great but there's no chance for a deep run without a healthy Chandler.  I doubt Martin can handle playing 35 minutes a game for an extended period of time without getting injured.

chandler said neck is fine, it was his legs and conditioning.  we'll see

chandler said neck is fine, it was his legs and conditioning.  we'll see

I guess we will.  Netw3rk (he's an excellent bball writer/knicks fan) and some of the beat guys think he's lying and is basically going to need surgery.  I'm going to assume that is true because this is the Knicks and everything has to fall apart at some point.

I guess we will.  Netw3rk (he's an excellent bball writer/knicks fan) and some of the beat guys think he's lying and is basically going to need surgery.  I'm going to assume that is true because this is the Knicks and everything has to fall apart at some point.

yeah, I wasn't buying it completely either, you don't lose your leags after 2 weeks, and he wasn't grabbing his shorts or anything. 

Melo stunk yesterday and was hogging the ball as per. Luckily Boston is awful- they have no on who can score. If Romdo plays this series probably goes 7.

Melo stunk yesterday and was hogging the ball as per. Luckily Boston is awful- they have no on who can score. If Romdo plays this series probably goes 7.

what if the knicks are healthy ?  healthy chandler, stat, prigs, martin, wallace, camby felton and melo

sweep

:face:

Glad you can show up and spout your hate.  I am relishing your misery.

It was a good ugly win.  Ones you have to grind out but the reason it was close was because of iso ball.  Melo and JR were gunning.  Just throwing up some horrible shots with guys on their hips when they had players spotting up on the perimeter.  Terrible possessions.  Missed every dump off opportunities like the only assist Melo had to Martin that sealed the game.  That was there all day long.  JR had zero assists.  You literally have to try and not have an assist if you handle the ball that much.

They played good D, great in the 4th but Boston is limited.  They are going to have a tough time winning games against deeper teams if JR and Melo literally dont even attempt to get other players involved.

Archived