Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, hopefully Melo is not injured.

Second, Melo and Smith needs to play better.

Third, Knicks ned something out of Kidd who has been scoreless the last two games.

Smith embarrassed himself today. Hopefully pride still matters and he can play well next game.

Cant believe Smith cost them two games. SMH. At least in postgame hes taking responsibility for it.

Thank god for Felton or the last two games would have been even more embarrassing.  Melo and JR took the game personal and wanted that win so badly that they played outside of the offense and ruined any rhythm that they had. 22 or so assists in the last two games combined? I know part of that is missing shots, but god damn that's not acceptable.   Their defense can be smothering, but they get too caught up in bad foul calls, which leads to a breakdown in their half-court defense and things can get out of hand quickly.  It doesn't help that they're missing a solid 10 or so shots that they were hitting consistently the last 20 games of the season, but that's no excuse for a terrible shot-selection.

They really need to win this game in Boston as I really have zero faith in them closing out a game 7; it really is true, these elimination games are the hardest games to win and having never won one, a lot of these guys have no idea what it takes, whereas Pierce, KG and that smug bastard Terry do. 

If they play a full 48 minutes engaged and not outside their offense, they should be able to take care of the series Friday, but I'm not putting the cart before the horse again.  

Larz, I can see that, but its at the Garden and JR is not THAT stupid.

I feel its going to be a 2 & half hr party tonight. Garden is going to be crazy. All the Knicks need to do is string together 4 or 5 baskets in a row and Celtics are toast. They simply can't score with regularity.

No, he is that stupid.

Melo and JR have been absolutely infuriating, even in the wins this series.  They are just literally offense killers.  Chuckers.  Never seen a shot they dont like.  Have zero ability to get anyone else involved.  Even if they do win this series, they're done.  You cant win with an offense like this in a 7 game series against a good opponent...and Boston sucks!, so yeah, not sure what needs to be done.

It will be cool to see the Knicks finally win a playoff series again if they can close this one out, but even if they do, they aint winning another series.  

Melo and JR have been absolutely infuriating, even in the wins this series.  They are just literally offense killers.  Chuckers.  Never seen a shot they dont like.  Have zero ability to get anyone else involved.  Even if they do win this series, they're done.  You cant win with an offense like this in a 7 game series against a good opponent...and Boston sucks!, so yeah, not sure what needs to be done.

It will be cool to see the Knicks finally win a playoff series again if they can close this one out, but even if they do, they aint winning another series.  

Its incredible listening to the play by play on the radio and the difference between Knicks and Celtics possessions. You hear every Celtic players last name while you basically hear one or two for the Knicks.

If they're hitting their shots like they where the last 10 games of the season, this would have been over in four.  Their offense is predicated around Melo and JR putting up big numbers and when they aren't playing even average basketball, the offense stagnates, because other than Felton no one on the team can create their own shot.  Hell, as much as I love shumpert and his defense, i've counted 5 shots he's missed, wide-open at point blank.  If these guys are hitting shots like they were two weeks ago, they'd be having 20+ assists per game, instead of that combined over the last two. 

They haven't really changed how they're playing since the win-streak, it's just that when your two best players are ice-cold, everything is going to look terrible. Yea, there were some forced and terrible shots, but they were missing a ton of open and good looks.  If they win this series you really don't think they could beat Indi or Atlanta with how bad both of those teams have looked??  

Its incredible listening to the play by play on the radio and the difference between Knicks and Celtics possessions. You hear every Celtic players last name while you basically hear one or two for the Knicks.

The Celtics assist ratio isn't that great compared to the Knicks, literally the only thing they're doing better the last two games is hitting their open and some not-open shots.  Everone was saying the same thing when the Knicks rolled into Boston and had 22 assisted shots compared to Boston's 14 the'd been average those 3 games; If Pierce, green and terry don't knock down those shots yesterday and sunday, we're not having this discussion.  It's really just a matter of us missing everything that's been open and boston getting in rhythm.  

I will give boston much more credit in maintaining their composure (except that punk crawford after the game was over), they know how to play elimination games, the knicks do not. Melo, Felton and JR simply lose their composure and it throws off the chemistry of the game when they aren't hitting their shots.  I also would like to see Woody not take Melo out when he goes 5-7 to start the game; it's happened the entire series where Melo will hit a streak and then he gets his usual  break and comes back cold.  it's the playoffs, let him sit during halftime.

Here's what has to scare you as a Knicks fan--it seems Doc Rivers has figured out that Avery Bradley can't play. That dude was worth a Knicks five point advantage every minute he was on the floor. Terry isn't a point, but he's a savvy bitch who will hit a three on you. Benching Bradley could turn the series right away.

If they're hitting their shots like they where the last 10 games of the season, this would have been over in four.  Their offense is predicated around Melo and JR putting up big numbers and when they aren't playing even average basketball, the offense stagnates, because other than Felton no one on the team can create their own shot.  Hell, as much as I love shumpert and his defense, i've counted 5 shots he's missed, wide-open at point blank.  If these guys are hitting shots like they were two weeks ago, they'd be having 20+ assists per game, instead of that combined over the last two. 

They haven't really changed how they're playing since the win-streak, it's just that when your two best players are ice-cold, everything is going to look terrible. Yea, there were some forced and terrible shots, but they were missing a ton of open and good looks.  If they win this series you really don't think they could beat Indi or Atlanta with how bad both of those teams have looked??  

Playoff basketball isnt comparable to the regular season.  Its a totally different animal in a 7 game series.  

I understand their role in the offense and its always been a concern of mine that you cant win with what they do.  

Im not sure they win this series the way they are playing, so no, I dont have confidence they can beat any team in a 7 game series right now. 

Knicks win series with gutty road win.

Matt is weeping tonight after his beloved Nuggets lost in 1st round again and hated Knicks win.

Ha. Nuggets lost to a good team. Knicks barely beat a washed up Boston team missing their best player.

Your boyfriend Melo was faking an injury down the stretch just in case they blew a 20 point lead. He's lucky Shumpert bailed his fat ass out tonight. Iso basketball will never win a chip....

Ha. Nuggets lost to a good team. Knicks barely beat a washed up Boston team missing their best player.

Your boyfriend Melo was faking an injury down the stretch just in case they blew a 20 point lead. He's lucky Shumpert bailed his fat ass out tonight. Iso basketball will never win a chip....

LOL, you're an absolute clown.

Denver had home court advantage and lost to a team that not only lost 10 more games than them but was without its 2nd best player. You sucked off Denver all season and it blew up in your face.

As to the Knicks, they won in 6 like many predicted. And your fake injury claim is so stupid. He got treatment the last 2 days.

But thanks for making this even more fun for me and other real Knicks fans.

Here's what has to scare you as a Knicks fan--it seems Doc Rivers has figured out that Avery Bradley can't play. That dude was worth a Knicks five point advantage every minute he was on the floor. Terry isn't a point, but he's a savvy bitch who will hit a three on you. Benching Bradley could turn the series right away.

Takeway from this series is Woodson is not so wonderful in a playoff series. It invariablye becomes more of a halfcourt game and by game 3 the opposition has seen every set play. How so you adjust after that? Rivers outcoached the hell out of him with basically 2 servicable players and 5 role players. If Rondo was healthy the Knicks would be playing golf.

Smith is a freaking idiot.Guy has no idea how much money he has cost himself this week.

Fully expect the Knicks will surive the Pacers before getting utterly smoked by the Heat.Only caveat is Walsh know the Knicks' personnel better than anyone. Still it won't be enough.

If Chandler is back in good health may be they can extend the Heat to 6.

Can Copland please got some more run Woody?!? All he does is make shots and I am sorry Melo and JR holding the ball is not getting it done.  

Pacers length is making the Knicks look bad. Melo isnt athletic enough to finish at the rim with Hibbert and company surrounding him.

JR just looks hungover...he's been awful.

This is what happens in the playoffs when your offense revolves around 2 players going iso 75% of the game.  If one is cold and the other is playing mediocre, its a guaranteed loss.  Even with the Pacers not playing all that well, turning it over at high rate...they dominated the boards and it was a wrap. 

The Knicks will not win this series.  Indiana is the antithesis of the Knicks and will win easily because of of it.  All 5 starters in double digits, almost had 7 guys in double digits and they really only play 7 guys.  

Why Copeland doesnt play is beyond me but 8 minutes when JR could hit sh*t for the first 3 quarters, thats just terrible coaching.  Who is the playoffs version of Tyson Chanlder?  I'd like the old one back please.  

I have to think that Copeland's shoulder is shot.  I'd almost guarantee he needs surgery in the offseason.

Even though his shooting percentage is ugly, I don't think Melo deserves as much blame as people will be quick to dole out.  He had 11 boards, was one of the only Knicks who was in the black in +/- at +7, and got continues to get dogged on calls that other "superstars" automatically get.  He needs to shoot better, but he's not nearly as big of a liability as JR has been - coincidentally, ever since he won that stupid award.

Also, you simply cannot have Prigioni and Kidd both go scoreless and have Chandler be essentially useless.  Felton is the only Knick that has played consistently well offensively (well, aside from his poor shooting in the deciding game vs. the Celtics) over the last 4 games.

The Knicks need to push the ball, to the point where they're hitting open 3's in transition.  Their offense does not match up well against the Pacers D in a half-court set, especially when they're not moving the ball.

Seems that Stern pulled the bait and switch on these finesse teams during the playoffs, to the point where they're going to let Memphis, Chicago, and Indiana smack the sh*t out of people without penalty. It'll be interesting to see how they call Miami-Chicago.

Archived