Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

ick

all the cockroaches are here

shoo !

Ive been calling this for a while. You treat guys differently from others and the coach is directed from ppl above on who to play and who not to...it goes down in flames.

Copeland hits a three and immediately gets yanked. JR Smith popping bottles on game nights. Jason Kidd on his deathbed in the game...

Well, at least JR is taking responsibility for the series. He said in postgame interview it was his fault because hes playing so poorly.

Woodson should take responsibility for playing him. The guy has been his babysitter all season and he fell apart one he got his award...Smith is fools gold.

Edited by Matt39

Woodson should take responsibility for playing him. The guy has been his babysitter all season and he fell apart one he got his award...Smith is fools gold.

Woodson should take responsibility or not playing Prigs, Cope and Novak and sticking with JR and Kidd.

Also, again, how ******* useless is Amare. He cant rebound, cant defend, and now his offense is marginal.

Woodson should take responsibility or not playing Prigs, Cope and Novak and sticking with JR and Kidd.

Also, again, how ******* useless is Amare. He cant rebound, cant defend, and now his offense is marginal.

I wasnt really expecting much from Amare...he's broken down.

The Jason Kidd thing makes absolutely no sense. We'll never get the real story behind it either.

I wasnt really expecting much from Amare...he's broken down.

The Jason Kidd thing makes absolutely no sense. We'll never get the real story behind it either.

On the radio Dedes and Brown couldn't figure why Smith took the T shot(and he missed it)  instead of Kidd. Made no sense. Something really odd is going on with Kidd or Woodson is simply a horrible coach.

Kidd has no confidence on the offensive end.

But Prigs getting only 4 minutes and getting benched is the biggest infraction. All the metrics point to thd Knicks being better offensively and defensively when hes on the court.

On the radio Dedes and Brown couldn't figure why Smith took the T shot(and he missed it)  instead of Kidd. Made no sense. Something really odd is going on with Kidd or Woodson is simply a horrible coach.

It all comes back to the owner being a total moron. Nothing the Knicks do internally makes sense.

Kidd has no confidence on the offensive end.

But Prigs getting only 4 minutes and getting benched is the biggest infraction. All the metrics point to thd Knicks being better offensively and defensively when hes on the court.

soooo maybe, just maybe there may be some funny business going on within MSG.

Hell, you even kind of admitted the Bernard King tweetgate was BS.

I never said there was no craziness in the Garden. Just that even George Steinbrenner got some sports religion. He was a horrible owner until he lucked into a dynasty (from his perspective) and became beloved.

Anything is possible with NY sports.

They better do something, because the last 2 games were unbearable. 

This series was over before it started.  I'm actually surprised they got by the Celtics.  They are just not a good team.  Sure, they can gobble up some wins during the regular season, but the second anyone starts actually playing defense and getting physical, the Knicks shrink.  The Knicks gave up last night.  Watching Melo let George fly right by him over and over again was laughable.  And then he'd yell at others for not getting over to help.  lmfao.  He was getting abused.  The Pacers want it more.  Bottom line.  Watching the ball movement and all the open shots...its ******* mind boggling.  How do they not watch film and see how much easier it is to get open looks when, I dont know, you move the ******* ball?

I was all in favor of the Melo trade.  I've gone back and forth on him as player because he has stints where he is incredible.  But after watching him enough now, you'll never win a championship with a player like him as your focal point.  Ever.  Especially with a player like JR to compliment him.  You cant go deep in the playoffs with a player who dominates the ball, doesnt get other involved and plays zero defense.  That cant be the attributes of the best player on your team if you want to build a champion.

And Woodson has had his head up his ass this entire series.  Terrible substitutions,  zero adjustments, he's completely folded to this adversity and has managed the game pathetically. 

This series was over before it started.  I'm actually surprised they got by the Celtics.  They are just not a good team.  Sure, they can gobble up some wins during the regular season, but the second anyone starts actually playing defense and getting physical, the Knicks shrink.  The Knicks gave up last night.  Watching Melo let George fly right by him over and over again was laughable.  And then he'd yell at others for not getting over to help.  lmfao.  He was getting abused.  The Pacers want it more.  Bottom line.  Watching the ball movement and all the open shots...its ******* mind boggling.  How do they not watch film and see how much easier it is to get open looks when, I dont know, you move the ******* ball?

I was all in favor of the Melo trade.  I've gone back and forth on him as player because he has stints where he is incredible.  But after watching him enough now, you'll never win a championship with a player like him as your focal point.  Ever.  Especially with a player like JR to compliment him.  You cant go deep in the playoffs with a player who dominates the ball, doesnt get other involved and plays zero defense.  That cant be the attributes of the best player on your team if you want to build a champion.

And Woodson has had his head up his ass this entire series.  Terrible substitutions,  zero adjustments, he's completely folded to this adversity and has managed the game pathetically. 

I'm not the biggest basketball fan, but I agree.

They look like a total cluster **** this series except for in game 2.

I did not think they would win this series, but they gave me hope when they blew them out to tie it.

If there was a better option, I would fire Woodson unless they show some heart and get this series back.

Do you think age is a big factor?

The Knicks look old and slow, compared to the Pacers who are all younger.

Edited by JADEDGREEN

I'm not the biggest basketball fan, but I agree.

They look like a total cluster **** this series except for in game 2.

I did not think they would win this series, but they gave me hope when they blew them out to tie it.

If there was a better option, I would fire Woodson unless they show some heart and get this series back.

Do you think age is a big factor?

The Knicks look old and slow, compared to the Pacers who are all younger.

Absolutely age is a factor.  It was my biggest reservation going into this season about this roster.  Down the stretch, come playoff time in a grind it out 7 game series, how much juice are these guys going to have in the tank?  They're tired, clearly, and getting out hustled, clearly.

Melo just doesnt have the facilitator/play maker gene in him. He burns so much clock with the ball in his hands and 9 times out of 10 it results in a shot being taken....Lebron, Wade Durant even Kobe there's a chance for a pass to be made for an easy bucket. Melo doesnt do that.

Unless they actually bring in a coach that has the authority to challenge Dolan's guys without fear of them going around them to complain...this is going to be the story of Melo's Knicks tenure.

Melo just doesnt have the facilitator/play maker gene in him. He burns so much clock with the ball in his hands and 9 times out of 10 it results in a shot being taken....Lebron, Wade Durant even Kobe there's a chance for a pass to be made for an easy bucket. Melo doesnt do that.

Unless they actually bring in a coach that has the authority to challenge Dolan's guys without fear of them going around them to complain...this is going to be the story of Melo's Knicks tenure.

Agreed 100%.  The Knicks offense spends 10 seconds trying to get Melo into an iso, and 10 seconds standing around waiting for him to hoist up some forced garbage shot.    Melo doesnt make anyone on the team better.  And he doesnt contribute on defense.  The Knicks will consistently make the playoffs only to fold in similar fashion come playoff time.

There's a reason that Melo has made the playoffs every year of his career and only has, what, 3 series wins?  

Edited by JiF

James Dolan would like you to know that he's TRILLED that the Knicks beat a decrepit Celtics team without their best player and then got embarrassed by a team with average talent in the second round! 40% ticket hikes for everyone!!!!!

Edited by unbanmadmike1

Who's loving life more than Donnie Walsh right now?

Everything he told Dolan about why the Knicks should not have made this trade has been exposed in this series. That he gets so observe from the Pacers' fornt office is really rich. Dolan as he did with Marbury doesn't understand that it's a 5 man game. He had to have Carmelo Anthony. NBA playoff basketball is a half court war, and you need players to contribute on both ends of the floor, to play defense, rebound and to pass to the open guy for a shot. One dimensional scorers are going to fail unless you can at least compliment that scorer with some more two way players.

And the old guys; wearing out and breaking down should not be a surprise. it's a given.

Edited by Bugg
  • Upvote 1

Your definitive statements on Melo are dumb, JiF.

Tyson is getting his ass handed to him by Hibbert, the original second option can't play more than 10 minutes without getting hurt, and the replacement second option is a mental train wreck, but it all means that the team can't win with Melo.

It's absurd, JiF. You have Martin, Kidd and Shump not scoring. But yeah, its Melo's fault.

Add to that the fact that Woodson panicked and abandoned the lineup that won 54 games because the former DPOY is getting abused.

Melo can't win against a good team when the supporting cast plays like utter sh*t. Guess what? Neither could LeBron. Thats why he went to the heat.

Edited by SMC

Oh, and JiF, Melo plays D. Get a clue. It's like you used stock, bogus criticisms you had saved and waited until they were losing to pop up.

Melo is the best Knick since Ewing and just like Ewing he is being let down by crappy teammates.

Oh, and JiF, Melo plays D. Get a clue. It's like you used stock, bogus criticisms you had saved and waited until they were losing to pop up.

Melo is the best Knick since Ewing and just like Ewing he is being let down by crappy teammates.

Melo isnt a facilitator...so unless they bring in CP3 which isnt happening or Melo changes his game its going to be more of the same.

Ewing was a 7 foot player that filled up more of the stat sheet than Melo and obviously took a lot more efficient shots.

Your definitive statements on Melo are dumb, JiF.

Tyson is getting his ass handed to him by Hibbert, the original second option can't play more than 10 minutes without getting hurt, and the replacement second option is a mental train wreck, but it all means that the team can't win with Melo.

It's absurd, JiF. You have Martin, Kidd and Shump not scoring. But yeah, its Melo's fault.

Add to that the fact that Woodson panicked and abandoned the lineup that won 54 games because the former DPOY is getting abused.

Melo can't win against a good team when the supporting cast plays like utter sh*t. Guess what? Neither could LeBron. Thats why he went to the heat.

No, they are in fact, spot on.  Melo doesnt make anyone better on his teams, period.  Couple him with a guy like JR Smith and its a disaster.  They make it impossible for other players to get a feel for the game and ruin any chance at rhythm.   Sure, the team around him is falling apart, no doubt.  It was very predictable.  Still doesnt change the fact that Melo will never be a champion.

Look at the teams that are left, all team oriented, ball movement, great D, get everyone involved, contributions from every where, role players stepping up - thats not possible with Melo on your team.  Nobody left spends 10 seconds to get their main scorer the ball, 10 seconds watching him, to see a forced shot...nobody.

Are you kidding me?  He's a loafer on D.  Its pathetic.  His effort is laughable.  I had these same criticism last year and this year.  He's an infuriating player...but when he's on, he's amazing.  The issue is, you cant expect him to be lights out every night, which is necessary to succeed with a player like him and impossible during the playoffs.  This aint the regular season.  Teams actually play defense now.   

And that statement isnt saying much.  Who's his competition?  Allan Houston. lulza

Dont get all the Knicks hate. Basically they have hit a wall. It happens in the NBA. The Knicks had to give up many pieces for Melo. They replaced them with a bunch of older hope for the best players and unfortunately it hasnt worked. They needed Smith to have a good series and he didnt. Its tough to play when a portion of your team plays no offense and another portion plays no defense. The coach probably should have decided to go with the more offensive unit when things started to go south, but that probably would not have made a difference. Kidd and Chandler essentially dont need to be guarded right now and with Smith not hitting anything its basically Melo and nobody else. Chandler also isnt right physically and hes not able to alter anything when the guys get beat up top off the dribble. 

I think when you come across these tough nasty teams like the Pacers the lack of playoff experience shows. I know that many have had playoff success in the past but as a collective group these guys have not. It clearly hurt the Nets in their series as they would have beaten the Bulls if they had that experience before. If the Knicks lose the series you just build from here. Its not like they were beating the Heat anyway. Changes were going to have to be made to the bench regardless.