Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, gqx, losing really brings out the underbrush.

Tyson having an awful series has nothing to do with my earlier conditional comments. If you weren't prone to being so disingenuous you'd acknowledge that.

And for supposed flip flop, I traded up in NY after slumming for awhile. Thats a far cry from folks like ECURB.

As to the rest, tl;dr. Now go back into your hole.

LMAO, typical SMC response.  I am disingenious, but you didn't even bother to read the post.  Oh the arrogance.

LMAO, typical SMC response. I am disingenious, but you didn't even bother to read the post. Oh the arrogance.

Use tighter prose and you might get properly acknowledged.

Now disappear again. We're having some fun here.

oh the hiliarity of the melo haters vs melo lovers...the truth is somewhere in the middle...its comical how SMC can claim the haters are trolls but his blind melo love and over the top homerism are the exact same thing.  This coming from the same dude that argued earlier this year that Chandler was a borderling HOFer, but now the knicks sucking is his fault, and JR and the coach but Melo gets a pass (pun intended)  Jason drops knowledge (because his viewpoint happens to agree with his) Wondering if SMC will become a Heat fan, since he is known to flip flop.

Lets look at facts this team won 54 games, second best team in the East, home court vs anyone except Miami.  This team should win this series.  If they do not it is bad job by everyone, coach and players including Melo.

Tyson Chandler has been horrible, JR Smith the same.  Woodson has made terrible substitutions all series, and people want to get on Amare for the 5 mins he plays?  Please.  Kidd is useless, and yes Carmelo Anthony has not played well either.  He is not the main reason they are losing this series but he is not devout of criticism.

We do not truly know if you can build a championship team around Melo, but here is what we do know.  He has always been criticized (not by just fans) but other players, coaches and even his own GM Donnie Walsh, for never being in shape (took him 8 years and Olympics revelation) to get into shape.  He is not a willing passer and the idea that he plays defense is laughable.  Yes when he commits to play defense, he has shown he can defend, but he does not play defense consistently.  He sill has immature scratch your head moments like what happened with KG earlier this year, something you can see a 2nd or 3rd year player falling for but not someone who is "superstar" in his 8th or 9th year.  Couple that with moments like how he put his health at risk by coming back to play in Denver only to tweak his knee again, clearly he didnt care about any risk he wanted to stick it to Denver and luckily he did not make his knee worse.  

I am not going to say you cannot build a championship team with him as your number 1, but he still has flaws in his game which should of been corrected/worked on in his 2nd, 3rd, 4th year etc.  He probably has pound for pound the best offensive game in the league but he has never shown the ability to be a leader.  Yes there is a melo haters camp but there is also the opposite as well.

And yes Dolan sucks.

The funny thing is, I'm not even blaming Melo for this series.  Clearly the team is playing very bad.  In some ways, Melo is the only reason they're even slightly in these games. 

I'm just saying that after closely watching and following Melo as a member of the Knicks, I dont think you can build championship with him as the focal point.  Maybe if he had an all world distributing PG with a knock down set shooter who doesnt need the ball as much as Smith, the Knicks could build around Melo...but I seriously doubt it.  

Just look at what Matt posted above - you cant have the focal point of your offense, dominate the ball that much and show absolutely zero willingness to get anyone else involved, not in the playoffs.  The player needs to be lights out and we all know, regular season D compared to playoff D is night and day, so 54 wins is irrelevant.  George is going 1 on 1 with him.  Melo doesnt demand a double team, which in turn, doesnt help anyone else out on the court which is why I say, and its true, he doesnt make players around him better.  Throw in his terrible defense and its just not a pretty picture.

I hope I'm wrong.  I really do.  I really hope that they can find some type of formula that works with Melo as their guy, but I personally dont see it.  

JiF, George isn't going 1 on 1 with Melo. The Pacers whole defense is geared to stop Melo. They're using strategic double teams and George is also directing Melo into their bigs. The whole scheme is premised on not allowing Melo space to shoot.

As to the usage stat Matt mentioned, who else should be shooting? Give us a viable option.

Use tighter prose and you might get properly acknowledged.

Now disappear again. We're having some fun here.

Seriously how old are you 4?  Dissappear? Seriously grow up dude.  You want to post stuff like it is fact and act like you know everything and the minute your bullsh*t gets called out you revert to cute little acronyms and sheer arrogance.  I guess when you have no retort this is what you resort to. 

The funny thing is, I'm not even blaming Melo for this series.  Clearly the team is playing very bad.  In some ways, Melo is the only reason they're even slightly in these games. 

I'm just saying that after closely watching and following Melo as a member of the Knicks, I dont think you can build championship with him as the focal point.  Maybe if he had an all world distributing PG with a knock down set shooter who doesnt need the ball as much as Smith, the Knicks could build around Melo...but I seriously doubt it.  

Just look at what Matt posted above - you cant have the focal point of your offense, dominate the ball that much and show absolutely zero willingness to get anyone else involved, not in the playoffs.  The player needs to be lights out and we all know, regular season D compared to playoff D is night and day, so 54 wins is irrelevant.  George is going 1 on 1 with him.  Melo doesnt demand a double team, which in turn, doesnt help anyone else out on the court which is why I say, and its true, he doesnt make players around him better.  Throw in his terrible defense and its just not a pretty picture.

I hope I'm wrong.  I really do.  I really hope that they can find some type of formula that works with Melo as their guy, but I personally dont see it.  

I agree, if it werent for him the series would be over already.  I can totally see Melo going on a tear and carrying the Knicks back into winning this series in 7.  He has that type of ability.  To me it just seems like there is something missing from him, whether it's the maturity, work ethic, leadership etc, something.  The question where are the other contributions going to come from?  Indy's D is too good to play iso ball, but if the drive and kick and swing the ball they could come back and win this thing.

LOL, gqx. Get a grip man. You're resorting to the age questioning now? Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

You might have a solid point in your dissertation, but its lost when you start off attacking people in your first paragraph after not posting on the Knicks like in 6 months. Hence, I said disappear because its not like you posted in this thread before today.

I think this is true but thats the coaches fault. He is the one calling plays for Melo to basically take the ball and play it as a point forward. Thats the real problem. Hes a great scorer but you can be the same great scorer holding the ball for 3-5 seconds when you are as skilled as he is. I don think the Knicks need an all world point guard but they need a smart capable one. A player who understands floor spacing and when and when not to give it to Carmelo. One who is respected enough to get the ball back to him to reset an offense. Its kind of a lost art but thats the kind of player that they would do well with. 

Its not like Carmelo is the first player in the history of the game to not move the ball when it comes to him. Thats a coaching issue and the Knicks coach has been a mess in the playoffs. Hes letting the Pacers dictate the style of play and who is played. Hes basically saying he needs Anthony to hold the ball on offense the whole time. He is the guy Id be looking at more than any player right now. 

George Hill is out with a concussion for tonight's game and seeing as how strict the NBA is with their concussion policy, there's a good chance he doesn't make it to saturday if there's a game 6.  Can DJ Augistin be the same catalyst and back-breaker that Hill was?? Not so sure, Hill has been the best player on the court besides Hibbert.  

Prigs is back in the starting lineup as well. Hopefully Cope plays 20+, prigs eats up 80% of Kidd's minutes and they can get Novak out there to stop the defense from collapsing so damned much. It was so bad that when Mahimi was in their for 8 minutes to close out the third, I don't think we had more than one shot attempted from the paint.  

I personally don't feel this series is over, but it's gonna take Woodson to go back to doing what he did in the regular season and that was play the hot hand, regardless of who it was.  It's absolutely beyond me how he kept three guys out there who didn't score the entire game instead of Cope and Novak who scored the second they touched the ball.  Big game.

LOL, gqx. Get a grip man. You're resorting to the age questioning now? Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

You might have a solid point in your dissertation, but its lost when you start off attacking people in your first paragraph after not posting on the Knicks like in 6 months. Hence, I said disappear because its not like you posted in this thread before today.

Right because you are thread post count Sheriff.  Obviously as evidenced by post count, I don't post much anywhere period.  When you are proven wrong you just arrogantly respond with smug lil comments worthy of a GIANTS fan.  Makes complete sense.

I think this is true but thats the coaches fault. He is the one calling plays for Melo to basically take the ball and play it as a point forward. Thats the real problem. Hes a great scorer but you can be the same great scorer holding the ball for 3-5 seconds when you are as skilled as he is. I don think the Knicks need an all world point guard but they need a smart capable one. A player who understands floor spacing and when and when not to give it to Carmelo. One who is respected enough to get the ball back to him to reset an offense. Its kind of a lost art but thats the kind of player that they would do well with. 

Its not like Carmelo is the first player in the history of the game to not move the ball when it comes to him. Thats a coaching issue and the Knicks coach has been a mess in the playoffs. Hes letting the Pacers dictate the style of play and who is played. Hes basically saying he needs Anthony to hold the ball on offense the whole time. He is the guy Id be looking at more than any player right now. 

He's on his 4th coach now, how many does he have to go through before someone figures out how to use him?  The point guard you described is exactly what they need.  And you're right, it is a lost art.  That's why I said he needed to be all world. 

To be honest, I've read this four times, and still can't figure out who's saying what. The only thing I can decipher is JR was out drinking?

+ 1

George Hill is out with a concussion for tonight's game and seeing as how strict the NBA is with their concussion policy, there's a good chance he doesn't make it to saturday if there's a game 6.  Can DJ Augistin be the same catalyst and back-breaker that Hill was?? Not so sure, Hill has been the best player on the court besides Hibbert.  

Prigs is back in the starting lineup as well. Hopefully Cope plays 20+, prigs eats up 80% of Kidd's minutes and they can get Novak out there to stop the defense from collapsing so damned much. It was so bad that when Mahimi was in their for 8 minutes to close out the third, I don't think we had more than one shot attempted from the paint.  

I personally don't feel this series is over, but it's gonna take Woodson to go back to doing what he did in the regular season and that was play the hot hand, regardless of who it was.  It's absolutely beyond me how he kept three guys out there who didn't score the entire game instead of Cope and Novak who scored the second they touched the ball.  Big game.

George being out is huge for the Knicks and definitely makes me feel like they can at least make it a series.  Not confident they can pull out the series but it would be nice to see them win tonight. 

Woodson needs to use his bench in this game.  Melo needs to let the team get involved early.  Let them get going and then turn it on once they've got  feel for the game.  They cant come out and go iso ball out the gates because George is out.  You're team isnt shooting well, let them get their confidence going early so everything else feeds off it.

Right because you are thread post count Sheriff.  Obviously as evidenced by post count, I don't post much anywhere period.  When you are proven wrong you just arrogantly respond with smug lil comments worthy of a GIANTS fan.  Makes complete sense.

Dont sweat it. Youll disappear again and no one will notice. See ya! :D

If Copeland's lack of run wasn't because his shoulder is jacked (as I suspected), then Woodson is an ass.

It makes zero sense, I don't know a single Knicks' fan who hasn't been screaming for it all series.  Even with his shoulder being hurt, he was shooting .500 from beyond the arc, at least let him take some of Kidd's minutes.  If Cope can keep from fouling himself off the flour, he should be getting ~20 mins.

Knicks win wire to wire and still missed a ton of open shots and rim shots.

They're going to have to convert those on Saturday if they want the win, not sure Indy will be missing 14 FTs again.  Both teams shot pretty poorly, which is a testament to their defenses, but they also missed a lot of open looks.  

Shumpert started off hot then missed 7 or so in a row in the first half and only took one shot in the second I believe.  He needs to knock down some of those open looks, help space the floor.  Cope needs to be playing 20 minutes and I have zero problem with Kidd playing 5 and Amare not seeing the court again.  Like JH said, unless his shoulder is bothering him, there's no reason for Cope to not have been in the game. 

I actually like Woodson, but I'm not sure a win has ever caused a coach to be scrutinized more in recent memory. 

Officiating sucked, amazing how good they can look though when they're actually rebounding and Woodson adjusts his stupid ******* rotation. Hopefully George Hill stays out

It's just been so inconsistent from game to game,, i can understand the players getting frustrated. I get officiating is difficult, but they just have far too much say in the outcome of a game and the only thing i ask is to be consistent.  It's pretty night and day from game 1 and 2 compared to the last couple in reference to Hibbert in the paint.   Also, there's not much in basketball that I dislike more than the double-foul, totally bogus.  

Its going to be good to have 2 JiF & Matt free days.

Quick turnaround for a game on Saturday, makes me wonder why they had Hill fly to New York only to sit in a blacked-out training room.  I'm no neurologist,  but I would imagine it probably didn't help things at all.

Just for a little light humor, not sure who caught the post-game, but the vets are apparently still making Cope wear the backpack.

Lol atta boy, you own that princess bag.

(no idea why it won't let me embed it.  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKb_GarCQAAV1yN.jpg:large

That aside, as long as he can keep himself out of foul trouble and on the floor, he deserves 20+ minutes.

I have to give Pacers a pass on the Hill situation because he didnt inform them of the concussion symptoms until he got to the Garden. So they had no opportunity to keep him home.

The Cope bag thing was funny in the interview.

I killed Woodson for his boneheaded game 4 decisions I give him credit for game 5. Not only did he bench Kidd and STAT he also instituted new stes that worked such as the double screens for Felton in second half.

Its going to be good to have 2 JiF & Matt free days.

Oh please, lets not act like this was some great game by the Knicks.  They still played like sh*t.  Missing wide open looks.  It was nice to see them making the extra pass (besides Melo who was missing gimmies all night).  Still getting worked on the boards.

The difference was the Pacers played terrible and were missing their PG. They shot like sh*t and were turning the ball over like crazy and the Knicks still couldnt just put them away.  If the Pacers shot 75% from the free throw line they win that game.  The way the Pacers played last night, the Knicks should have won by 20+.

I'm glad to be watching a game 6 but they wont win playing like that on the road.  Not a chance.

Archived