Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well since nobody else was willing to do it...

Tyson Chandler is not now, nor has he ever been, a pumped up Drew Gooden. I was wrong.

Looked a lot like Melo's Denver teams always looked in the playoffs. Melo looks good, and his teammates looking like they were confused when they got the chance to shoot. Then when Melo hit a cold spe

I don't like melo. But kinda hard to blame a guy who keyed this comeback and has been the Kincks' offense most of this series by himself.

You mean shump?

He just got burned on D too

Refs were bad, really bad...But at the end of the day. Pacers were 34-67 and the Knicks were 34-85.  If the Knicks were ever to be considered serious title contenders, they need someone other than Carmelo Anthony to be able to consistently put the ball in the basket.  

LOL, leave it up to JiF. Well at least you and Matt are happy.

Also, JR needs to go. JR, Felton and Tyson killed them this game.

I wish JR was still under contract so we could trade him - would be able to get a lot after winning 6th man of the year. 

Felton didn't play well.  He was the only Knick (outside of Melo) that did any scoring this series.   If he's off (which he was in all four of the Knicks losses) 

they have no shot. 

Melo was bad in the 4th but its hard to get on him when he single handedly carried the team for 3 qtrs

JR was atrocious Tyson was completely dominated all series and iman shumpert has a lot of ability but he has a two cent brain it's like he has no clue of time and situation

Tyson, Felton and JR need to look in the mirror and have a reckoning at how awful they were tonight and in the 4 losses. Only Melo, Shump and Copeland can hokd their heads high.

Melo was bad in the 4th but its hard to get on him when he single handedly carried the team for 3 qtrs

JR was atrocious Tyson was completely dominated all series and iman shumpert has a lot of ability but he has a two cent brain it's like he has no clue of time and situation

I agree with this. Shump had a bad turnover up 3 and some boneheaded fouls. But still, he did well for his second season in the NBA.

Looked a lot like Melo's Denver teams always looked in the playoffs. Melo looks good, and his teammates looking like they were confused when they got the chance to shoot. Then when Melo hit a cold spell, the whole team falls apart for that time. Dominique Wilkins Redux.

• Thumb Down 3

I don't think I've ever seen someone go full game 7 John Starks for an entire series.  JR shot 20% from the field (34-117) and 26% from beyond the arc (13/50) in the 8 games since game 3 at Boston.  I'll put a little blame on Melo for an awful close of the fourth quarter, but he carried the team and literally got help for one quarter and from one person, Shumpert. Pretty sure Shumpert cannot stand JR's dumbassery as he's been visibly upset with that clown multiple times this series.  

It's really tough seeing us get dominated on the offensive glass when we have one of the best rebounders in the last decade sitting on the bench with a foot problem.  Camby would have been absolutely huge if he wasn't shot.  sh*tty end to the season, but still beats the hell out of the last 14 years of sh*t we've sat through.

Looked a lot like Melo's Denver teams always looked in the playoffs. Melo looks good, and his teammates looking like they were confused when they got the chance to shoot. Then when Melo hit a cold spell, the whole team falls apart for that time. Dominique Wilkins Redux.

This is incredibly stupid.

The starting PG was 0-7. The second leading scorer was 4-15 and Tyson needs therapy after this series. But yeah, its about Melo.

Go hug your Dwight Howard blankie.

Edited by SMC

That's a little unfair.  Melo was feeding open people all game and series, they just couldn't hit jack sh*t. When he was going off, they finally started doubling him and when he made the extra pass you had Tyson missing a half-dozen alle-oops and layups and JR couldn't have shot worse if he was using his feet. You could pin this on a lot of things, but I'd be hard-pressed to blame it on Melo and his style of ball.  

Good job boxing out, JR. 

What a ******* waste this a$$hole is.

He obviously lost himself all the money he made in the regular season, do you sign him if he comes cheap for the 4 or 5ish million or do you just let him walk?  The guy's an absolute dumbass and wase of talent, but unless Shumpert takes a step forward and we manage to keep copeland, I honestly don't see where any other points will be coming from.

Loudest I've cheered for the Knicks since 99'.  Went from watching 70-80 games a year to 0 thanks to Layden, Isiah etc..  If nothing else I'm back to being very interested and will definitely be watching closer than I have in a looong time. 

Chalk me down as an active participant in the official 2013-2014 Knicks thread.

Edited by Pac

That's a little unfair. Melo was feeding open people all game and series, they just couldn't hit jack sh*t. When he was going off, they finally started doubling him and when he made the extra pass you had Tyson missing a half-dozen alle-oops and layups and JR couldn't have shot worse if he was using his feet. You could pin this on a lot of things, but I'd be hard-pressed to blame it on Melo and his style of ball.

It wasn't an attack on Melo, per se. Just that he's Dominique Wilkins and, like Wilkins, his fans will always be wondering why his teammates are never good enough.

Knicks need to let JR walk. Theyre under the Luxury threshhold if they let him walk.

The guy is an absolute POS cancer of a human being. Get a 2nd option and you might have something.

How many more years are they paying Camby?  Donnie Walsh moved mountains to get under the cap, and then Lil'Jimmy Dolan decides to overpay half the old age home. They have to stop doing that.

Donnie Walsh is going to see the Pacers crushed by Miami, but he's probably enjoying this.

Edited by Bugg

It wasn't an attack on Melo, per se. Just that he's Dominique Wilkins and, like Wilkins, his fans will always be wondering why his teammates are never good enough.

Just stop with the craziness.

Tyson was awful as was JR the entire series and Felton was bad in the last 2 losses. The ball dont lie.

Melo has never had another Superstar on his team. Throughout NBA history, you need at least two HOFers in their primes (or at least still young enough to play 30 mins per) to have a realistic shot at winning a championship.   Knicks have never had more than 1 since '73.   Ewing in the 90's never got the help he needed and now Melo in this era.  The only hope is that Amare can get healthy and stay on the court all season - and learn to produce alongside melo.   

• Upvote 1

The guy is an absolute POS cancer of a human being. Get a 2nd option and you might have something.

How many more years are they paying Camby?  Donnie Walsh moved mountains to get under the cap, and then Lil'Jimmy Dolan decides to overpay half the old age home. They have to stop doing that.

Donnie Walsh is going to see the Pacers crushed by Miami, but he's probably enjoying this.

JR distraught in lockerroom and says he wants to retire a Knick, loves his teammates and coaches, and doesnt want to wear another uniform.

But he needs to go.

As to Walsh, I believe he gets too much credit because of how awful Isiah was. Grunwald did a far better job than him. The problem is the non older key players crapped the bed in big spots. Also, people cant forget that Melo can opt out after next season so next year may be the last hooray for this group.

It cannot be understated how much Tyson and JR killed them possession after possession.

I still think Chandler was injured so he should get a pass but its tough because he has no offensive game anyway so in these kind of series he can be a liability even if healthy when the D breaks down up top. The guy who lost the most by Lin leaving to Houston is actually Chandler IMO. For whatever reason they meshed well and Lin's method of attacking the basket left Chandler open for lob dunks. Thats not to say the Knicks should have even considered keeping Lin, but I think that may be a type of point they need if they cant get a pound it up the floor type. A guy who makes the game chaotic can make non-offensive big guys into offensive threats.

Smith was awful. Dont get what happened with him. Worst play he had came in I think the 2nd Q when he had a rebound coming to him and rather than reach he just stood there Im assuming with the idea that the ball would go out of bounds except he failed to see a Pacer right there. Mentally he just wasnt there and the Knicks have to think long and hard about bringing him back.

The defense was also awful tonight. Up top they just let guys blow by them and nobody helped out. It was so bad that the Pacers had layups that should have been dunks only I think the Pacers were so stunned that nobody was helping that they jumped too early assuming someone had to be coming over. It was so ugly. 

Melo has never had another Superstar on his team. Throughout NBA history, you need at least two HOFers in their primes (or at least still young enough to play 30 mins per) to have a realistic shot at winning a championship.   Knicks have never had more than 1 since '73.   Ewing in the 90's never got the help he needed and now Melo in this era.  The only hope is that Amare can get healthy and stay on the court all season - and learn to produce alongside melo.   

I disagree with that. The Spurs post Robinson didnt have that. The Pistons never one. The Celtics werent  HOFers iin their primes. The Kobe Lakers only had 1 HOFer. The Mavs definitely didnt have anything resembling a 2nd HOFer. Maybe you need that 2nd guy if you go up against LeBron and Wade or Durant and Westbrook but you dont need that to beat the Pacers or, in most cases to advance to the Finals.

You can have a star and a competent 2nd/3rd player and win. The issue is your secondary and tertiary players cant just disappear the way Felton, Smith, and/or Chandler did. There really is no reason the Knicks should not have advanced to the Eastern Finals. The Heat are pretty unique but if the Knicks got good efforts out of those 3 players they could beat the Heat every now and then just like the Spurs used to do to LA at times by being a more fundamentally solid team even though they couldnt match option 2 vs Kobe. 

I still think Chandler was injured so he should get a pass but its tough because he has no offensive game anyway so in these kind of series he can be a liability even if healthy when the D breaks down up top. The guy who lost the most by Lin leaving to Houston is actually Chandler IMO. For whatever reason they meshed well and Lin's method of attacking the basket left Chandler open for lob dunks. Thats not to say the Knicks should have even considered keeping Lin, but I think that may be a type of point they need if they cant get a pound it up the floor type. A guy who makes the game chaotic can make non-offensive big guys into offensive threats.

Smith was awful. Dont get what happened with him. Worst play he had came in I think the 2nd Q when he had a rebound coming to him and rather than reach he just stood there Im assuming with the idea that the ball would go out of bounds except he failed to see a Pacer right there. Mentally he just wasnt there and the Knicks have to think long and hard about bringing him back.

The defense was also awful tonight. Up top they just let guys blow by them and nobody helped out. It was so bad that the Pacers had layups that should have been dunks only I think the Pacers were so stunned that nobody was helping that they jumped too early assuming someone had to be coming over. It was so ugly. 

You're probably correct.  The thing that killed me though was that even though Chandler clearly wasn't right, I still think the idea of doubling Hibbert every time he was on the block was one of Woodson's biggest faults.  Yes, Chandler's on-ball defense isn't great, but the Pacers were too well-coached and absolutely torched us every time they kicked it out. 

Smith was terrible, I've never seen someone shoot so badly for 8 straight games, expect maybe for his performance last year in the playoffs. I'm not sure what they do with him as it's hard to give up the 6th man of the year for nothing, but he had some absolutely back-breaking mental errors.  

As for Copeland, he's definitely a stretch 4 who brings more to the game than Novak in just about every category, it'd be nice to keep him around, however even though he's from jersey, he clearly wants to get paid after paying his dues in europe for half a decade.  Any ideas what they can offer him besides the initial qualifying offer and the extra 200k for some reason I forget?