Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

:face: :face:

lol, dude give it up. Have you watched the Pacers play basketball? Have you ever heard Vogel speak? They dont double. Regardless of who they're playing they dont believe in the double team.

Hell Hasborough was on JR at times with no help.

The Pacers have big players with long arms who have been able to disrupt the Knicks’ rhythm on offense, which limits their 3-pointers. When the Knicks run a pick-and-roll, the Pacers let two defenders handle the play, instead of sending a third to help, said Brian Shaw, the top assistant to Pacers Coach Frank Vogel.

“One of the things that we pride ourselves on defensively is the fact that we don’t double-team, for one,” said Shaw, who won three N.B.A. championships as a player with the Los Angeles Lakers and two as an assistant coach under Phil Jackson. “We’re long enough at every position and good enough defenders where we don’t have to double-team. It’s been effective for us. It’s been part of our philosophy here since Frank has taken over the team.”

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, dude give it up. Have you watched the Pacers play basketball? Have you ever heard Vogel speak? They dont double. Regardless of who they're playing they dont believe in the double team.

Hell Hasborough was on JR at times with no help.

:face: :face: :face:

:face: :face: :face:

So between the 6 games they just played without doubling, the coaching staff preaching this philosophy to the press....Carmelo was still being constantly double teamed and receiving zero help from teammates. Got it.

So between the 6 games they just played without doubling, the coaching staff preaching this philosophy to the press....Carmelo was still being constantly double teamed and receiving zero help from teammates. Got it.

:face: :face: :face: :face:

I know the haters here and in the media like to doom and gloom it, but what is overlooked is Shumpert's postseason leap.

He's only 23 this June. He definitely can make a Paul George like progression next year. The Knicks definitely need to get younger, but Shump has the otential to be that second allstar pkayer for the Knicks.

I know the haters here and in the media like to doom and gloom it, but what is overlooked is Shumpert's postseason leap.

He's only 23 this June. He definitely can make a Paul George like progression next year. The Knicks definitely need to get younger, but Shump has the otential to be that second allstar pkayer for the Knicks.

I'm really confused by you, its like you cant be openly critical about the Knicks and if you are, you're not a fan and in fact, you're a hater.  Meanwhile, its open season for the Jets.  Anything and everything they do, you can sh*t on them left and right, and thats cool.  If you do it to the Knicks, you're a hater who wants to see them lose.  

Why are the Knicks different?  

And if the Knicks keep losing and embarrassing themselves and the Nets start winning championships will you jump ship the same way you did from the Jets to the Giants?

I'm really confused by you, its like you cant be openly critical about the Knicks and if you are, you're not a fan and in fact, you're a hater. Meanwhile, its open season for the Jets. Anything and everything they do, you can sh*t on them left and right, and thats cool. If you do it to the Knicks, you're a hater who wants to see them lose.

Why are the Knicks different?

And if the Knicks keep losing and embarrassing themselves and the Nets start winning championships will you jump ship the same way you did from the Jets to the Giants?

He can't even admit the Pacers don't double team. It's like denying Mark Sanchez throws interceptions.

He can't even admit the Pacers don't double team. It's like denying Mark Sanchez throws interceptions.

I'm with you, I wouldnt call anything the Pacers were doing a true "double team".  Yes, they were sluffing off and defending their man, while trying to take away areas that Melo likes operate in, but by no means, was it a full blown, abandon your man, rush to double Melo when he got the ball.  Its just good man defense.  The way its supposed to be played. 

If you recall about SMC, he was one of the last pro-Sanchez guys to turn on him.  He held out for hope till the 109th bone headed turnover before full blown hatred and then swapping NY teams.

But I'm a hater who wants to see the Knicks lose because I'm openly critical of the great Carmelo Anthony.  lulza

I'm with you, I wouldnt call anything the Pacers were doing a true "double team". Yes, they were sluffing off and defending their man, while trying to take away areas that Melo likes operate in, but by no means, was it a full blown, abandon your man, rush to double Melo when he got the ball. Its just good man defense. The way its supposed to be played.

If you recall about SMC, he was one of the last pro-Sanchez guys to turn on him. He held out for hope till the 109th bone headed turnover before full blown hatred and then swapping NY teams.

But I'm a hater who wants to see the Knicks lose because I'm openly critical of the great Carmelo Anthony. lulza

All Knicks fans are like this. They're still waiting for Allan Houston to get into the Hall.

Matt and JiF are perfect together. The misery twins.

As to your Jets point, JiF. First, I don't bash the Jets. I'm critical of Rex and Sanchez. But I don't bash to team. And, as I explained, I never grew up a Jets fan. I followed Parcells here. So just like any bad relationship I'm allowed to end it as I did with the Jets.

In contrast, I grew up as a Yankee & Knicks fan. They're part of my childhood like Jets never were. I've always hated Dolan though like I hated Steinbrenner so I have disavowed them when they did stupid stuff like Spira and Isiah at times.

And LOL, Matt, I was trolling you on the double team. The difference with the Pacers is nuanced and you are technically correct.

Pacers aren't true 1 on 1 defenders as they boast. They funnel opponents into traffic so in essence while they don't double they actually force the opponent to create a defacto double team by design. Making you actually search for quotes by the team was funny.

Matt an JiF are perfect together. The misery twins.

As to your Jets point, JiF. First, I don't bash the Jets. I'm critical of Rex and Sanchez. But I don't bash to team. And, as I explained, I never grew up a Jets fan. I followed Parcells here. So just like any bad relationship I'm allowed to end it as I did with the Jets.

In contrast, I grew up as a Yankee & Knicks fan. They're part of my childhood like Jets never were. I've always hated Dolan though like I hated Steinbrenner so I have disavowed them when they did stupid stuff like Spira and Isiah.

Oh, gotcha.  You can be critical without bashing, but I cant.  I'm just bashing.  lmfao

You're pathetic.  The worst kind of fan.

Oh, gotcha. You can be critical without bashing, but I cant. I'm just bashing. lmfao

You're pathetic. The worst kind of fan.

But you bash 24/7. You bash win or lose.

You can't equate the 6-10 Jets with the 54 win Knicks just like you can't equate the Jets team that went to the AFCCG with the Knicks team that lost 59 games. Context is important.

And also, your definitive statements and scrounging for facts that fit your predetermined narrative is funny.

And LOL, Matt, I was trolling you on the double team. The difference with the Pacers is nuanced and you are technically correct.

Pacers aren't true 1 on 1 defenders as they boast. They funnel opponents into traffic so in essence while they don't double they actually force the opponent to create a defacto double team by design. Making you actually search for quotes by the team was funny.

Mind blowing!!!  A man to man defense that cuts off the baseline and funnels traffic to a 7 foot shot blocker? 

I've never heard of such a thing!  Did the Pacers invent this defense???

Mind blowing!!! A man to man defense that cuts off the baseline and funnels traffic to a 7 foot shot blocker?

I've never heard of such a thing! Did the Pacers invent this defense???

See, now JiF is in dick mode, LOL. That's why its easy to attack you.

I remember you last season. It was hilarious. I look forward to your shtick next year.

If JR is smart, he actually shouldn't opt out. That way the Knicks can't get rid of him and he sets up a potential max deal from someone next year.

The only team that might give JR a contract would be the Hawks and theyre run like the Knicks.

But you bash 24/7. You bash win or lose.

You can't equate the 6-10 Jets with the 54 win Knicks just like you can't equate the Jets team that went to the AFCCG with the Knicks team that lost 59 games. Context is important.

And also, your definitive statements and scrounging for facts that fit your predetermined narrative is funny.

Oh, I'm sorry.  I'll just act like everything is peaches and cream in victory or loss, even though there are clear flaws on the roster and with their star player.  

I should be more like you.  A delusional homer who thinks Melo and the Knicks can do no wrong because they won some games during the regular season.  

lmfao - you're pathetic. 

See, now JiF is in dick mode, LOL. That's why its easy to attack you.

I remember you last season. It was hilarious. I look forward to your shtick next year.

Haha - my bad, its your understanding of the game is so in depth, I cant help myself. 

Holy sh*t. It IS a package deal. Chris Smith is a bargaining chip. LOL

Not to pat myself on the back but I told everyone this last year. Smith's brother isnt an NBA player but theyre going to pay him as an incentive to keep JR here. His father also as a job with MSG. Chris SMith just hired Leon Rose as his agent too, who's also Melo's agent and the big wig over at CAA who runs MSG.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll just act like everything is peaches and cream in victory or loss, even though there are clear flaws on the roster and with their star player.

I should be more like you. A delusional homer who thinks Melo and the Knicks can do no wrong because they won some games during the regular season.

lmfao - you're pathetic.

And you're a delusional hater. That's more pathetic because you cling to a sad, petty existence and find joy in making crazy women cry and blow up mafia games.

Holy sh*t. It IS a package deal. Chris Smith is a bargaining chip. LOL

I'm super excited about this, even though I dont think JR Smith is a good compliment to have with a guy like Carmelo Anthony because I'm a Knicks fan and I love everything about them and support everything they do even though I dont think this is a good fit for the Knicks long term but hey, they won 54 games last season and a playoff series vs. a sh*tty team, but the Knicks are awesome and going to be contenders next season because of this extension.  Go Knicks!!!

Better SMC?

Haha - my bad, its your understanding of the game is so in depth, I cant help myself.

Yes, I know. The dark part of your soul can't be contained and when faced with goodness and wisdom you have to lash out.

And you're a delusional hater. That's more pathetic because you cling to a sad, petty existence and find joy in making crazy women cry and blow up mafia games.

Yes, my delusional is constantly backed by facts, but you're right, I'm a delusional hater.  lmfao

Are you going to cry?  My mission wont be complete until I see tears.  Maybe you can take a screen shot and show it to me? 

Yes, I know. The dark part of your soul can't be contained and when faced with goodness and wisdom you have to lash out.

Totally lashing out, brah.  Posting my thoughts about my favorite basketball team that happens to differ from yours, yet more accurate by every fact in the world, but I'm a lashing out HATER!!!! hey !!!

No, its not JiF because it'd fake and lack nuance. You like in a black & white existance fitting for your limited intellect and cannot fathom shades of grey in analysis. There's good and bad and every degree in between.

But for a Neanderthal like you that escapes you and you're left with, "Everything bad!" or sarcastic, "Everything good!"

Yes, my delusional is constantly backed by facts, but you're right, I'm a delusional hater. lmfao

Are you going to cry? My mission wont be complete until I see tears. Maybe you can take a screen shot and show it to me?

Yes, I cry for you and every wayward soul. As does Tebow weep for you.

"Lord, forgive JiF because he knows not what he do."

Archived